mike

Shankly Film UK Network Premiere BBC2 Sunday

12 hours ago, tomangoes said:

Really sad at the end. 

Its rare when a person at the top of their game can simply switch off and take it easy. 

Ed

I got the impression that he didn't. He still wanted to be involved and offered his services to other clubs too which were declined. I think he found retirement much harder than he expected.

I watched it last night. Kevin Keegan described the way he was treated "the saddest, saddest thing that ever happened at Liverpool." 

4 hours ago, stevegods said:

Well you’ll be glad to see that the new season tickets for Man U have arrived . 

EF08F6D9-A820-4EA5-8FCE-2B7DFF965EAC.jpeg

Steve.  Where's the calm down . Calm down button mate. And I also can't see the jose eject button 

Steve 

Steve, 

We can’t have a button saying “ Calm Down “ ... with the type of games we play, it’s all about edge of the seat , don’t throw it away stuff . Wish we did have a game management button ... maybe this year mate .. maybe this year ! 

Your boss is trying to put the pressure on us and Klopp ... but to be frank , I don’t think anyone buys what he says anymore. He looks so unhappy , can’t understand why 😜

21 minutes ago, stevegods said:

Steve, 

We can’t have a button saying “ Calm Down “ ... with the type of games we play, it’s all about edge of the seat , don’t throw it away stuff . Wish we did have a game management button ... maybe this year mate .. maybe this year ! 

Your boss is trying to put the pressure on us and Klopp ... but to be frank , I don’t think anyone buys what he says anymore. He looks so unhappy , can’t understand why 😜

It's because he,s at a club with a tradition of playing football and he,s not used to that coming from chelski and he is definitely not bigger than the club. 

Sorry Steve you have peaked in your spending and football but you will still be behind Manchester United/ city.  We were awful last year and still ended up above you  we won't be as bad this coming season. Enjoy the ride mate, I don't know if I will until the not so special one goes. 

Steve 

I saw the programme and really enjoyed it. Very much in the same vein as the recent film on Sir Kenny - were the two films produced by the same company? I was at Anfield for Shanks’s last match and I felt he was going far too soon. Keegan’s contribution was most interesting and highlighted the shortcomings of the Club’s Board at the time. Nowadays, Liverpool FC really look after their old players and managers and it is great to see Kenny appreciated at the Club in the way Shanks should have been. It was good to see Sir Matt at the funeral, legendary Red and very like Shanks in more ways than one. Thank heaven for Andy Robertson as I was beginning to wonder what had happened to those great Scots footballers of the past.

10 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

I saw the programme and really enjoyed it. Very much in the same vein as the recent film on Sir Kenny - were the two films produced by the same company? I was at Anfield for Shanks’s last match and I felt he was going far too soon. Keegan’s contribution was most interesting and highlighted the shortcomings of the Club’s Board at the time. Nowadays, Liverpool FC really look after their old players and managers and it is great to see Kenny appreciated at the Club in the way Shanks should have been. It was good to see Sir Matt at the funeral, legendary Red and very like Shanks in more ways than one. Thank heaven for Andy Robertson as I was beginning to wonder what had happened to those great Scots footballers of the past.

a great programme and someone of his like we'll never see again ,as for great scot players thats gone as well .

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.