Soul Brothers Six Move Girl .

Guest HutchySoulManKTF

It is a tough one to find and a tough one to price. It is one of those tracks I would say is a Marmite track ! Hate it or love it..

Based on other sort of hard to find 45s I would put a wide price of £200 minimum up to  possible the £400 mark? 

Just my opinion as others will defo differ to the above.

Dave

Social source share

It was certainly obtainable for a short while, but I wouldn't say everywhere. `I know Marc Forest and I jumped on it to grab a copy and Andy Dyson may have obtained a few copies. If memory is serving me (and it fails me often), I seem to recall The Darling Dears was found in quantity amongst the label stock, but most of the stock of the other titles were severely water damaged and scrapped. Think the remaining stock got shipped by container from Canada down to Australia? The owner of the haul wasn't overly interested / bothered in liquidating it. A nice guy, but seemed indifferent. After that, it all seemed to vanish???

As I say, don't quote me on the above or take it as gospel, but I think that's the general gist of it. Andy Dyson could probably shed some light on it, his memory is impeccable compared to mine.

Social source share

5 hours ago, Tai-Pan said:

I seem to recall The Darling Dears was found in quantity amongst the label stock, but most of the stock of the other titles were severely water damaged and scrapped. Think the remaining stock got shipped by container from Canada down to Australia? The owner of the haul wasn't overly interested / bothered in liquidating it. A nice guy, but seemed indifferent. 

That's right. Mark Taylor in Australia. Has got one of the finest collection of 60's garage 45's in the world. 

He bought the entire contents of the Fine Recording Studios - machines, leftover records, master tapes, acetates etc.

He had a large stack of Darling Dears 45's which he sold at a very reasonable price a bunch of years ago.

Soul Brothers Six came from there as well.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Tai-Pan said:

It was certainly obtainable for a short while, but I wouldn't say everywhere. `I know Marc Forest and I jumped on it to grab a copy and Andy Dyson may have obtained a few copies. If memory is serving me (and it fails me often), I seem to recall The Darling Dears was found in quantity amongst the label stock, but most of the stock of the other titles were severely water damaged and scrapped. Think the remaining stock got shipped by container from Canada down to Australia? The owner of the haul wasn't overly interested / bothered in liquidating it. A nice guy, but seemed indifferent. After that, it all seemed to vanish???

As I say, don't quote me on the above or take it as gospel, but I think that's the general gist of it. Andy Dyson could probably shed some light on it, his memory is impeccable compared to mine.

Andy definately had a few copies, I remember scanning it, and the Darling Dears, and taking sound files. I seem to remember Andy’s came from the states, could be wrong.

I thought someone had been at the stock before the rest were shipped to Aus.  Again could be wrong, it was 8 or 9 years ago and I have trouble remembering breakfast some days. 

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!