Love Committee from 1978

Sunnysoul

Real nice clip of a very underrated soul group , I never thought I'd ever get to see any footage of them ...

featuring - on the left - one time Temptation Ron Tyson ... who really deserves much greater recognition as one of the great song writers on the Philly soul scene in the 70's ...

and not only that, he was, if my history is correct, originally a member, in the late 60's, of legendary soul group, the Ethics ...

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Real nice clip of a very underrated soul group , I never thought I'd ever get to see any footage of them ...

featuring - on the left - one time Temptation Ron Tyson ... who really deserves much greater recognition as one of the great song writers on the Philly soul scene in the 70's ...

and not only that, he was, if my history is correct, originally a member, in the late 60's, of legendary soul group, the Ethics ...

Fantastic Sunnysoul,never seen footage of the great Love Committe before.

Was lucky enough to meet Dexter Wansell last year in Philly , he told me they were one of his favourite bands and were about to go big when Ron Tyson left for the Tempts.love the Law 'n' Order LP too!

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Fantastic Sunnysoul,never seen footage of the great Love Committe before.

Was lucky enough to meet Dexter Wansell last year in Philly , he told me they were one of his favourite bands and were about to go big when Ron Tyson left for the Tempts.love the Law 'n' Order LP too!

Cheers Paul

Yep , they made so many good records, the whole Gold Mind LP is class and includes their best known 45 , the brilliant "Cheaters Never Win" , then the "I Made A Mistake" 45 on the T Electric label which I believe was a modern soul floor filler for quite some time , and also the 45 on Ariola around 1975 was quality again.

Anyone got a copy of the Ethics LP to sell me? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yep , they made so many good records, the whole Gold Mind LP is class and includes their best known 45 , the brilliant "Cheaters Never Win" , then the "I Made A Mistake" 45 on the T Electric label which I believe was a modern soul floor filler for quite some time , and also the 45 on Ariola around 1975 was quality again.

Anyone got a copy of the Ethics LP to sell me?

Have'nt got LP but is the 45 you mentioned "Am I Wasting Time"?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!