The Younghearts : Little Togetherness

Ik001

Hi All

Just purchased a copy of The Younghearts outing.

Always been after the Canterbury original having been in possession of the boot and the later issues on zea (an issue and d.j. copy) and the Soultown one. 

I have noticed though that the title is Little Togetherness as opposed to A Little....So just wondered if this was a very early release as suggested by a good friend of mine.

All the deadwax markings are as detailed as Mr. Manships specifications.

Any input would be appreciated.

Best.

Ian

20180725_211751.jpg

Edited by ik001
Social source share

Order of release or about. That since the Tempos release does not exist as a promo. So likely a rush release miss press without the name of the band change... Rarest of course. 

1° The Younghearts 'little togetherness' on Canterbury styrene withe promo

2° The Younghearts 'little togetherness' on Canterbury styrene yellow stock

3° The Tempos 'little togetherness' on Canterbury styrene yellow stock

4° The Younghearts 'a little togetherness' on Canterbury styrene yellow stock

5° The Younghearts 'a little togetherness' on Canterbury vinyl dark yellow stock

• Up vote 1
Social source share

In addition to the versions on other labels listed above, there was also the Minit 45.

As well as there being lots of different versions of their records, there were also many different versions of the group. Bobby Sanders kept ripping the guys off & so they'd quit & he'd just set up a new replacement group (at one time, even the Imperial Wonders became the Younghearts). 

Social source share

14 hours ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

That was the one from last week. You may not realise it, but that copy has the extra verse in it. I meant to bid on it myself, but forgot. Luckily for you, no one noticed it was the different version, so well done.

That extra verse is on the Soul Town New Young Hearts release.

Social source share

24 minutes ago, Patto said:

That extra verse is on the Soul Town New Young Hearts release.

Yes, it is longer on the Soultown release, but that is a different release, sometime later. There are so many Canterbury variants of the original Delta, all with slightly different matrix numbers, it's almost impossible to document them, as "new" variations are turning up even now (eg. RNS had a three word titled variation only a couple of months ago, and only by playing the soundclip, could you tell. Same applies to the two word variation in this post.

One other thing to mention, the timings printed on the labels are no guide whatsoever, for example, the Tempos variation says 3:15 or thereabouts, but is just the normal length song.

As far as I know, there is no mystery or variation for later releases on Soultown (clearly a longer version - again ignore printed time), or Zea (Kings Of Hearts, which reverted back to the short version. Someone over on Facebook did compare the KOH to a standard short Canterbury and said it was a couple of seconds longer (or shorter?), but if that's so, it'll just be down to the fade out.

Cheers
Mick

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!