Eli @ 40th Birthday Party in Boston - September

Eli 'Paperboy' Reed's hosting a 40th Birthday Party in Boston on September 7th. 

. . . .  Eli Paperboy Reed Presents Legends of Deep Soul Live!

Willie Hightower -The voice of Muscle Shoals in what we think is his first ever East Coast appearance. 

Thelma Jones [first Boston appearance in 50 years] - The originator of "The House That Jack Built" and "Salty Tears"

Shor'ty Billups - Boston's soul survivor singing some of his most collectible Shor'ty and Eddie Billups 45s

The Natural Wonders - Fred Griffeths from The Bagatelle [ABC Records/Bosstown Sound], Gail Nickse and their special guest Kit Holliday

. . . . . .   Eli Paperboy Reed leading an all-star band

Easy Ed's Record Hop starting the night at 6 p.m. with vintage rockabilly, hillbilly, early R&B and doo-wop 45s THEN ...  live show 7 to 9:30 p.m.

I know Boston (USA) is a long way away but some here may be able to attend. Trust Eli to host a really memorable B'day Party.

EddieBillupsMont.jpg

Edited by Roburt
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Numero have put out (or are about to) a Thelma Jones 45 (see scan below) ... anyone know if this is a previously unissued cut (I guess it is) ... if so, what year was it laid down / what original label did it come from ( it says on the label that it was cut down in Florida, I guess sometime in the 70's) ?? 

ThelmaJones45.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!