Tavasco and Millionaires

Sunnysoul

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can someone please post me some soundclips of this record ?

And are these the same Tavasco as on the modern soul classic 45 Love Is Trying To Get A Hold ???

Thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

Hello,

It's more of a maxi 12" single than an album and it isn't very good at all in my opinion, although I sold one for $400.00 to a Japanese collector last year.

It's the same group who had "Don't Mess With My Love" (as The Millionaires) on my Ardent label in 1989. They were connected to Tavasco who had "Love Is Trying To Get A Hold On Me" on Rampart but the line-up had changed so much that they couldn't really be described as being the same group.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Hello,

It's more of a maxi 12" single than an album and it isn't very good at all in my opinion, although I sold one for $400.00 to a Japanese collector last year.

It's the same group who had "Don't Mess With My Love" (as The Millionaires) on my Ardent label in 1989. They were connected to Tavasco who had "Love Is Trying To Get A Hold On Me" on Rampart but the line-up had changed so much that they couldn't really be described as being the same group.

Paul Mooney

Thanks Paul , was going to take a punt on this one day, but , based on your good judgement I'll direct the funds elsewhere now!

So it must be boogie collectors, or beat diggers, who pay big for this on ebay ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!