Record Boxes

Paulmc

6 hours ago, chalky said:

Really Useful Boxes are about the size you are looking for, plastic not card, will last a lot longer.  I have a few.

https://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b09_0litreXL.php

I agree. Very good product, make sure to specify that you're needing the extra height lids (3L, as shown on Chalky's link) - you can find the boxes in stores like Staples but I've never seen them with the necessary height for the lid other than by ordering direct online.

They do sizes to fit 12" / LPs too. I made the mistake of ordering large ones and if you fill them they're too heavy to realistically move comfortably, so we use them for bedding now and I got some of the 19L size which are fine.

One thing to watch when ordering though - they don't stack inside themselves (due to being designed so that it's possible to stack them on top of each other). Delivery costs make it worth ordering whatever you need all in one go, but you'll potentially get some very big parcels on the doorstep when they arrive!

Record boxes on shelves.JPG

• Up vote 3
Social source share

I know dealers who use the really useful boxes with no issues. Obviously with them being plastic you don’t throw them about, plastic breaks. But IMO given the choice between plastic and card it would be plastic every time. I use them for Lps, 45s and cds.  The carrying handle is the lid which is clipped on and I’ve never had a hinge clip come away or break. They are a very good product. 

Social source share

17 hours ago, seano said:

I agree. Very good product, make sure to specify that you're needing the extra height lids (3L, as shown on Chalky's link) - you can find the boxes in stores like Staples but I've never seen them with the necessary height for the lid other than by ordering direct online.

They do sizes to fit 12" / LPs too. I made the mistake of ordering large ones and if you fill them they're too heavy to realistically move comfortably, so we use them for bedding now and I got some of the 19L size which are fine.

One thing to watch when ordering though - they don't stack inside themselves (due to being designed so that it's possible to stack them on top of each other). Delivery costs make it worth ordering whatever you need all in one go, but you'll potentially get some very big parcels on the doorstep when they arrive!

Record boxes on shelves.JPG

I use these for some LPs, they were a bugger to move but great for storage - didn't realise about the 7" ones may have to have a look at them

Social source share

11 hours ago, PaulMc said:

Thanks to all for the responses and tips much appreciated. Chalky/Seano what's your take on the handles? are the strong enough for the weight of the box and records when full?

Same as Chalky - the handles click into place to hold the lids very nicely and so you lift the box as a whole rather than just by the handles - works fine. As noted re large versions full of 12" and LPs, the limit seems to be more about your ability to lift the weight than whether the box can take it!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!