How To Be A D.J.?

Ik001

4 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Don't forget to turn up ten minutes before your slot, thus ensuring you haven't heard what's already been played by the other DJs and the dance floor reaction to those records.  Leave promptly once your set is over.

Unfortunately know a few like this - along with DJs that don't promote events that they are playing at

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Don't forget to turn up ten minutes before your slot, thus ensuring you haven't heard what's already been played by the other DJs and the dance floor reaction to those records.  Leave promptly once your set is over.

maybe dj fees should be reduced by a % for every repeat play & all dj's paid out at the end of the event......

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Ahoy Sailor said:

along with DJs that don't promote events that they are playing at

Not their job to really, so shouldn't expect this to happen. But always a bonus if they become part of the team by spreading the word.

Nor is it their risk of not many through the door - A deal is a deal, so the offer of pay should stand. Some DJ's do kindly refrain from a wage / or reduce it if an event is low on numbers, which again, is a bonus if this happens - Their choice though. (Sorry, slightly off-topic that last bit)

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

P.s - Normally 'dreading to play a few' :huh: 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

18 minutes ago, bbrich said:

maybe dj fees should be reduced by a % for every repeat play & all dj's paid out at the end of the event......

Personally I think too bigger deal is made about repeat plays. As long as it doesn't happen loads I'm fine with it - Helps if it's a 'good' repeat play though :D

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Or like me you could have a son who is into the scene... gets his dad (me) a spot then decides to break it gently to me,  sometimes the week before as he knows how nervous i get.. but it is worth it as he is so proud when i dj. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!