Marva Whitney

Sunnysoul

Soul sister Marva Whitney with a fantastic cross over, beat ballad ... call it what you will .. it's the very essence of SOUL music !!!

And in the grooviest setting imaginable ... on Hugh Hefner's legendary "Playboy After Dark" TV show from the late 60's.

Play Marva's track straight after Almeta Lattimore's Memories !!!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian Ellis

Oozes passion and quality - ideal to show to someone who wants to know what soul music is all about.

I notice that at the end of her performance she went to sit by Hugh Heffner on the settee - wonder what might have happened next :thumbsup: . Pity the video clip ended there shades.gif !

Brian :thumbsup:

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

Love this so much I've bumped it up to make sure nobody misses out on seeing it...

TONE

Too right.

Brilliant stuff. Must dig out the 45 can't remember it being as good as this.

Regards Alan

Social source share

That is just superb!

For so long Marva was "Soul Sister No 1" on the James Brown revues (until Lyn collins came in).

She, apparantley, sang two numbers (Your Love & Who Can I Turn To) on the same show - which, for interest, was recorded 25th Nov 1968.

Do you know if there's a clip of that?

Thanks a bunch for the link.

So nice...I had to watch it twice!

Sean

Social source share

Love this so much I've bumped it up to make sure nobody misses out on seeing it...

TONE

Thanks Tone, Well worth it, watched it twice myself - :thumbsup: absolutely fabulous - an excellent voice but just to watch her sing with such passion and facial expression she was really somewhere else - love to see people enjoy what they do so much there not aware of anything else...

Karen

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mel brat

Soul sister Marva Whitney with a fantastic cross over, beat ballad ... call it what you will .. it's the very essence of SOUL music !!!

And in the grooviest setting imaginable ... on Hugh Hefner's legendary "Playboy After Dark" TV show from the late 60's.

Play Marva's track straight after Almeta Lattimore's Memories !!!

Best thing I've seen on here so far! Thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!