Had it/ Could it/ Should it

Guest Gogs

I always tell everybody to listen to the alternative side of their records, so one of mine  is the "plug side" of "Happy go lucky me" by the Bobbettes.

What i want to know is if this has ever been played out, do you think that this could be / should be played out

Edited by Gogs
link dibn't work. my fault
Social source share

1 hour ago, the yank said:

Don't know if it was ever played out but is a nice alternative to the Valentinos/ Rolling Stones versions. 

That was my thinking, it might be ok played out to a liberal audience. (although i might be yet to meet one)

Social source share

I like this version did they record it before the stones ? Can remember bobby womack being lnterviewed on the 'tube' by the late paula yates, he told how upset he was about these white boys taking his music, untill he recieved the royalty cheque ! Then he went, do they want to do anymore of my tunes?

Social source share

The Bobbettes version was cut in 66'; The Valentinos' original(on  the Sam Cooke co-owned SAR label) in March 1964 and the Stones hit cover in the Summer of 64'.  The  Valentinos' is the best version for me,although I like The Bobbettes take on the song(can't compare with the 45's top side 'Happy Go Lucky Me',of course, with that great heavy-for- 66'- bass led intro,but still quite nice)

I did hear The Bobbettes ' It's All Over'  played out once, at a London 'do' a couple of years back ('Soul On The Square,'can't remember the DJ)

Edited by Michael V
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, marty57 said:

I like this version did they record it before the stones ? Can remember bobby womack being lnterviewed on the 'tube' by the late paula yates, he told how upset he was about these white boys taking his music, untill he recieved the royalty cheque ! Then he went, do they want to do anymore of my tunes?

Thinking about that again it would have been jools holland surely, or was it on his later with shows , ones brain hurts ! 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!