Pilsley With Two L's - Pilsley Miners Welfare - Chesterfield Saturday December 16th

I trust the Pilsley gang won't mind me starting the countdown to what promises to be a top night, i'm on my day off from work and thought i would post the following details.

Pilsley Soul At Pilsley Miners Welfare

Saturday December 16th - 8.00 PM - 1.00AM

Northern, Motown, Classic Club Soul, Current Spins.

DJ's - Barry and Chris Cooper plus some nutter from Manchester

Mark ' I Can't Read Or Spell' Bicknell......lol I missed the first 'L' out when mentioning on the show over the past couple of weeks and called it Pisley, big sorry for being thick....lol

Wooden Dance Floor - Late Bar - Large Car Park.

For Further details contact - 07768 - 216549 or 07843 - 1777906

or check out www.freewebs.com/pilsleysoul

Really looking forward to this one, should be a fantastic night and give me a chance to have a few cold ones with 'The Attic Boy's' from Mansfield and compare the quality of The Full English Breakfast....Soul Food don't you just love it?, perhaps the festive celebrations should start in Chesterfield on December 16th.........see you there. Now to start thinking about what to bring in the old box, i intend to select a very different box to the one i took to The Attic recently....well that's my intention....possible selections to follow.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

• Replies 86
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

looking forward to this one Mark :thumbsup: , as you say a perfect start to the festive season. At least Chris + Barry have spare decks just in case!!,unlike the amateurs down the road :thumbsup: ,,.

I trust you'll be putting up a potential playlist or 3 later?....Kev.

looking forward to this one Mark :thumbsup: , as you say a perfect start to the festive season. At least Chris + Barry have spare decks just in case!!,unlike the amateurs down the road :thumbsup: ,,.

Love pilsley,fave venue,always look forward to it,be nice to see Mark an all cya later

Bazza

Twenty or so coming with me out of the hundred box, love my days off means i can upset the neighbours......just had this little lot on full volume..... Bus ticket secured so PILSLEY her we come....lol

Vernon Greene - Look At Me, Look At Me - Minit DJ

Freddie Williams - I've Got Live While I Can - Hollywood

The Wooden Nickles - Nobody But You - Omen DJ

Bunny Sigler - For Crying' Out Loud - Decca DJ

Moses Dillard And The Dynamic Showmen - I'll Pay The Price - Mark V

The Accents - You Better Think Again and the flip side - Who You Gonna Love - One-Derful

The Vonettes - Touch My Heart - Cobblestone

Sharon Scott - Could It Be - RCA Victor

The Four Larks - I Still Love You (From The Bottom Of My Heart) - Tower DJ

The Gospel Classics - More Love. That's What We Need - Checker

The Ethics - I Want My Baby Back - Vent

"Ellusions" - You Did'nt Have To Leave - Lamon

Jimmy Norman - I'm Leaving (This Old Town) - Mercury DJ

Buster Jones - Baby Boy - Sure - Shot DJ

Jimmy Conwell - To Much - Gemini

The Adventurers - I've Caught You Cheatin' - Music World DJ

Melvin Davis - Find A Quiet Place (And Be Lonely) - Wheel City

Roy Roberts - Got To Have Your Love - Ninandy

Lavern Baker - Wrapped, Tied And Tangled - Brunswick

Ray Pollard - "It's A Sad Thing - United Artists

I trust this little lot will stand me in good stead for The Full English and a few cold ones the night before......see you on December 16th at PILSLEY.....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell

Almost forgot...lol any excuse to bump threads me.....lol will be giving this one a mention on the show on Sunday www.solarradio.com or at least a similar event on the same night in a place called Pisley....lol again sorry for being totally thick.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

No problem Mick ! Sorry Mark. This spelling thing is tricky isn't it??Really looking forward to the 16th - Will be great just looking at your intended playlist!

Edited by bridget

Almost forgot...lol any excuse to bump threads me.....lol will be giving this one a mention on the show on Sunday www.solarradio.com or at least a similar event on the same night in a place called Pisley....lol again sorry for being totally thick.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark

Really looking forward to this one,missed you at the attic but was told how good the night was, hope you enjoy Pilsley with its great atmosphere and friendly people, now whats this all about a breakfast guess I need to talk to my brother Chris.

Personally I like to see what you play on the night but others like KevH...............well he just can't wait.

See you on the 16th - don't forget there are two Pilsleys in Derbyshire

Barry Cooper

Hi Mark

Really looking forward to this one,missed you at the attic but was told how good the night was, hope you enjoy Pilsley with its great atmosphere and friendly people, now whats this all about a breakfast guess I need to talk to my brother Chris.

Personally I like to see what you play on the night but others like KevH...............well he just can't wait.

See you on the 16th - don't forget there are two Pilsleys in Derbyshire

Barry Cooper

Bugger Barry...lol so that's Pilsley, Pisley and another Pilsley then, best i set off next Tuesday just in case...lol the tunes listed above may be in the box but not 100% plays....just a bit of fun to set the mood.....looking forward to a good night, good tunes and a good breakfast....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Bugger Barry...lol so that's Pilsley, Pisley and another Pilsley then, best i set off next Tuesday just in case...lol the tunes listed above may be in the box but not 100% plays....just a bit of fun to set the mood.....looking forward to a good night, good tunes and a good breakfast....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Its the one just off junction 29 of the MI but I'm guessing you know that anyway Mark :ohmy: So no need to leave on Tuesday make it Thursday instead.

Yes only joking about the tunes, ....... its just to get the neck crainers ( is that spelled right :thumbsup: ) from the Attic going.

Its going to be a big thing ( breakfast that is)

Barry

Its the one just off junction 29 of the MI but I'm guessing you know that anyway Mark :ohmy: So no need to leave on Tuesday make it Thursday instead.

Yes only joking about the tunes, ....... its just to get the neck crainers ( is that spelled right :thumbsup: ) from the Attic going.

Barry

Haven't you heard Barry? we've given up on neck craning,going straight for the record box in future :lol:

Barry

Orange Juice will be fine mate oh and a slice of toast with an egg on it and maybe a sausage, beans, mushrooms, couple of slices of bacon maybe, cup of tea etc. should do it...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Orange Juice will be fine mate oh and a slice of toast with an egg on it and maybe a sausage, beans, mushrooms, couple of slices of bacon maybe, cup of tea etc. should do it...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

No problems!!! Sharon are you reading this, ok got to go now off to see Soul Sam talk later.

Barry

No problem Mick ! Sorry Mark. This spelling thing is tricky isn't it??Really looking forward to the 16th - Will be great just looking at your intended playlist!

Looks like i'm gonna miss out on a home cooked Breakfast then if i'm staying in a hotel....lol so over to Mansfield then before the trip back to Manchester for Steve's legendary fry up...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Looks like i'm gonna miss out on a home cooked Breakfast then if i'm staying in a hotel....lol so over to Mansfield then before the trip back to Manchester for Steve's legendary fry up...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Sorry about the brekkie Mark.. Barry whats all this sexist talk about 'Sharon are you reading this'?? I don't know! in this enlightened day and age 'Keep the old woman in the kitchen'!!

Anyway after the hotel breks we could always nip you over to Tesco for one of their `legendary breakfasts` Mark :wicked:

By the way Mark, if you end up at the wrong Pilsley you could always nip into the Duke of Devonshires gaf and see if they can do you a quick fry up ( Chatsworth House that is in case you get lost!!)

Edited by bridget

looking forward to this one Mark thumbsup.gif , as you say a perfect start to the festive season. At least Chris + Barry have spare decks just in case!!,unlike the amateurs down the road whistling.gif ,,.

what amateurs are they then?

I think he was referring to himself and his mates. A little bit tongue in cheek from the poster himself. I think there seems to be a touch of sensitivity in your post?? smile.gif Don`t worry there is no hidden agenda just a bit of light hearted fun aimed at himself!

Edited by bridget

hi Rednose, BRIDGET is spot on .

Talkin bout our last do at The Attic,when Big Daddy was guesting,one deck went down about 1hour into his set and like a true pro, carried on with one deck without anyone noticing whistling.gif .

What did you think i was sayin'.? IF YOU THINK I'M HAVING A DIG AT SOMEWHERE LOCAL,,,,THINK AGAIN SOUL BRO,,KEV.

hi Rednose, BRIDGET is spot on .

Talkin bout our last do at The Attic,when Big Daddy was guesting,one deck went down about 1hour into his set and like a true pro, carried on with one deck without anyone noticing whistling.gif .

What did you think i was sayin'.? IF YOU THINK I'M HAVING A DIG AT SOMEWHERE LOCAL,,,,THINK AGAIN SOUL BRO,,KEV.

Funny thing is Kev I was just looking at your other thread about bulls***ters.. You seem to have a knack of being misunderstood.

Never mind chuck.. I'll buy you a drink on the 16th and you can forget all about it rolleyes.gif

(By the way this is MRS Bridget... You might struggle to get a drink out of MR Bridget... That also was a joke .. Oh dear we have to be soooo careful now not to give offence)!

No stuff it ...thats their problem :shhh:

Edited by bridget

Haven't you heard Barry? we've given up on neck craning,going straight for the record box in future laugh.gif

Blimey Kev better hide the box with "My Heart Is Hurtin"

Look forward to seeing you on the 16th

Barry

Funny thing is Kev I was just looking at your other thread about bulls***ters.. You seem to have a knack of being misunderstood.

Never mind chuck.. I'll buy you a drink on the 16th and you can forget all about it rolleyes.gif

(By the way this is MRS Bridget... You might struggle to get a drink out of MR Bridget... That also was a joke .. Oh dear we have to be soooo careful now not to give offence)!

No stuff it ...thats their problem thumbsup.gif

could do with that drink!!.sorry for hi-jacking the thread with non Pilsley comments( is that ok for me to say :shhh: ) see u soon,,KEV.

Chris & Sharon (& Mark too) - If it helps out MB is welcome to stay over at mine. Let me know if it helps - Dean

That would be great Dean..Thanks very much... We were a bit caught out by our eldest coming home from Uni earlier than we thought leaving us a bit short on space! Cheers anyway. Might even pop over following Pilsley if theres an invite?? :thumbsup:

Mr and Mrs Bridget are both welcome back at mine, as is baby bro' BBB, the youngster. You can keep your cooking tips Barney Gumbo, I was sorting breakfasts when you were still nursing milk from nipples.............at least for 3weeks now. I don't think Kev should call back to mine though, likely to upset someone. We'll be seeing you all next Sat, got a strong feeling this is going to be a great night. I'm presuming BBB is still topping the bill? See you soon, Dean.

Mr and Mrs Bridget are both welcome back at mine, as is baby bro' BBB, the youngster. You can keep your cooking tips Barney Gumbo, I was sorting breakfasts when you were still nursing milk from nipples.............at least for 3weeks now. I don't think Kev should call back to mine though, likely to upset someone. We'll be seeing you all next Sat, got a strong feeling this is going to be a great night. I'm presuming BBB is still topping the bill? See you soon, Dean.

That's the last time i have a cup of tea round Steve's house...i thought there were very few Milkmen in Mansfield....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

don't know what you mean :lol: ,but if you're refering to lively debate, i'm you're man. :lol:

Better get down to Aldi Dean,and stock up on some FRENCH and ITALIAN ,Dec.16 is gonna be a long nite.

don't know what you mean :lol: ,but if you're refering to lively debate, i'm you're man. :lol:

Better get down to Aldi Dean,and stock up on some FRENCH and ITALIAN ,Dec.16 is gonna be a long nite.

And i'm bringing a 200 count box this time so yes Kev it's gonna be a very long and Soulful night, still it's Christmas and yes Santa has got Soul....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

And i'm bringing a 200 count box this time so yes Kev it's gonna be a very long and Soulful night, still it's Christmas and yes Santa has got Soul....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Can't wait Mark.You do know the Attic's gear is set up at Dean's, so it looks like the neighbours are in for a long nite as well :lol:

Can't wait Mark.You do know the Attic's gear is set up at Dean's, so it looks like the neighbours are in for a long nite as well :thumbsup:

Both Decks working i trust....lol still if one goes down then no problem i'm a professional...lol still anything can happen after a Shandy or two and it more than likely will.

See you Saturday oh and Dean bet you mark the neigbours card too mate.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

We can`t really ask someone of BBB`s tender years to be topping the bill really can we? and as for him coming back to yours well I think he will need to get back home to get his beauty sleep to maintain those youthful looks of his (not bad for knocking on 60 is he??) OOps what am I saying that makes Chris over 60????!!!!

Anyway back to the serious stuff: Not long now: Gonna be a brill night: Can`t wait :thumbsup:

And a word to young Kev, you trouble maker you! Be careful that you don`t offend anyone on the night :lol:

We can`t really ask someone of BBB`s tender years to be topping the bill really can we? and as for him coming back to yours well I think he will need to get back home to get his beauty sleep to maintain those youthful looks of his (not bad for knocking on 60 is he??) OOps what am I saying that makes Chris over 60????!!!!

Anyway back to the serious stuff: Not long now: Gonna be a brill night: Can`t wait :thumbsup:

And a word to young Kev, you trouble maker you! Be careful that you don`t offend anyone on the night shhh.gif

you're gettin me a bad name :lol: .I'll come to Pilsley bearing gifts,on my best behavior as always.

Same here,cant wait,never miss Pilsley,my fave Venue :rolleyes: ,look forward to see ya all :thumbsup:

Bazza

Hi Bazza

Thanks again for your comments about Pilsley, we REALLY ARE looking forward to this one, can't wait to hear and meet Mark Bicknell, do you think I should play COD's?? One I definately gonna play is the Delphonics "I Told You So" also wanna beat little bro to play William Bell record we both picked up this month.

So anyone free on Saturday it will be great to see you at Pilsley for what looks like a good night.

(all I gotta do is keep them attic lads out of the record boxes)

Barry

Hi Bazza

Thanks again for your comments about Pilsley, we REALLY ARE looking forward to this one, can't wait to hear and meet Mark Bicknell, do you think I should play COD's?? One I definately gonna play is the Delphonics "I Told You So" also wanna beat little bro to play William Bell record we both picked up this month.

So anyone free on Saturday it will be great to see you at Pilsley for what looks like a good night.

(all I gotta do is keep them attic lads out of the record boxes)

Barry

Barry is the Wiliam Bell on Mercury?

Shame I can't make Saturday looks like it's gonna be a good one See ya soon Cressy

PS who's your guest DJ for Saturday :thumbsup:

Barry is the Wiliam Bell on Mercury?

Shame I can't make Saturday looks like it's gonna be a good one See ya soon Cressy

PS who's your guest DJ for Saturday :thumbsup:

Cressy

Yes it is on Mercury

Barry