Upcoming London Show 4 Rudy Love

Roburt

Just had word that almost everything is now in place for a live show @ the 100 Club by Rudy Love & Band.

It is scheduled to take place on the night of Saturday September 29th.

Rudy, his family & John Alexander are truly thrilled about the prospect of a live gig here in the UK. Especially one @ the 100 Club as the venue has links to the Yardbirds (who back in the day cut a cover version of ""Good Morning, School Girl""). Rudy will perform the song (almost certainly) in his live set on the night ...

The show will tie in nicely with the Raindance Film Festival, being staged in London at the time & a celebration after-party will most probably take place after the gig has finished.

RudyLove&CSMont.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Anyone here know the provenance of the DEEP SOUL DISCOVERIES series of CD's ... I assume they're boots (tracks not licensed at least) ...

I also think they're out of Italy but could be wrong as copies now seem to be up for sale on the net from folk in many different countries.

DeepSoulDiscV7c.jpg

Social source share

That's because it hasn't been announced publicly yet ... I'm part of the team that has helped organise the event ... it is 99% certain to happen ...

Rudy Love, his family & friends are already booked onto UK flights, their film festival screening is organised ...

....   . . . . .  even the after-show party is just about fully sorted ...

....... so just accept it is happening & wait for the official announcement (& for tickets to go on sale) .

I was given permission to post about the show ahead of the official news (by the organisers). I thought people would be pleased to get an advance heads-up.

Below is another scene from the film; Rudy on stage with Funkadelic George (Rudy worked a lot with Sly Stone in the mid 70's, but I think Sly was indisposed when the film was being made).

RudyLoveVid6.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

No trip up north I'm afraid. There was mention made of a live performance to tie in with the film screening but that would be in London too.

BUT the team are over in the UK for a few days at the end of September, so if any enterprising promoter wanted to put him on, they should get in touch asap (no air fares to fund, live backing band for him here, full show being rehearsed as we speak; SUFFERING WRATH, GOOD MORNING LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL and more).    

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Everything seems to be progressing well in relation to Rudy's upcoming UK visit. The film festival announcement is made in the coming week & the promotion for his live show @ the 100 Club will follow soon after ... seems everything will come together OK for a big day on Saturday 29th September ...

RudyLove100Club.jpg

Edited by Roburt
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

John Alexander (the film maker) has expressed a strong interest in getting the documentary about Rudy Love (80 minutes duration) screened at a UK soul weekender & at a couple of Euro based soul weekenders. He can supply a copy of it in DVD format or via an online link or as a mp4 file.

If anyone out there would be interested in this proposal PM me or drop an e-mail direct to John ...   johnalexander@post.harvard.edu

Old dvd's put together by Rudy in the past ...

RudyLoveDVDs.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Rudy Love & his band will be in the UK (& available for live show bookings) between Wednesday 26th September and Tuesday 2nd October (except Sat 29th Sept of course). Any venue within easy travel distance of London would be considered.

I know it's pretty short notice but the maker of Rudy's film, John Alexander, will be in the UK on September 5th. So he will be easily contactable to sort out all the details.

RudyLoveVid2.jpg

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!