Jump to content
  • Sign Up
woolie mark

Transfer deadline day

Recommended Posts

With just over 4hrs to go ... whose done the best deals and who expects improvement next season ..

 

Not just saying this because Man U seemed to be lacking in many ways or that we “ Liverpool “ seemed to have spent the money made on selling Courtino  wisely ... but what are your expectations for next season ..

 

I for one will be watching out for Wolves ...saw them a couple of times last season live and boy did they play nice football .. 

 

layer (Pos) To Fee (£m)
Kepa (GK) CHE.svg

CHE

£71.0m
Alisson (GK) LIV.svg

LIV

£66.0m
R. Mahrez (AM) MCI.svg

MCI

£60.0m
Jorginho (CM) CHE.svg

CHE

£53.0m
N. Keita (CM) LIV.svg

LIV

£52.8m
Fred (CM) MUN.svg

MUN

£52.5m
Fabinho (CM) LIV.svg

LIV

£43.7m
F. Anderson (AM) WHU.svg

WHU

£42.0m
Richarlison (AM) EVE.svg

EVE

£40.0m
JM. Seri (CM) FUL.svg

FUL

£35.0m
L. Torreira (CM) ARS.svg

ARS

£27.0m
J. Lerma (CM) BOU.svg

BOU

£25.2m
J. Vestergaard (CB) SOU.svg

SOU

£22.5m
I. Diop (CB) WHU.svg

WHU

£22.0m
J. Maddison (AM) LEI.svg

LEI

£20.0m
B. Leno (GK) ARS.svg

ARS

£19.3m
D. Dalot (RB) MUN.svg

MUN

£19.0m
A. Mitrovic (FW) FUL.svg

FUL

£18.2m
L. Digne (LB) EVE.svg

EVE

£18.2m
T. Kongolo (CB) HUD.svg

HUD

£18.0m
A. Traore (AM) WOL.svg

WOL

£18m
R. Pereira (RB) LEI.svg

LEI

£17.5m
A. Jahanbakhsh (AM) BHA.svg

BHA

£17.1m
A. Yarmolenko (AM) WHU.svg

WHU

£17.0m
M. Elyounoussi (AM) SOU.svg

SOU

£16.2m
B. Gibson (CB) BRN.svg

BRN

£15.2m
Y. Bissouma (CM) BHA.svg

BHA

£15.2m
A. Mawson (CB) FUL.svg

FUL

£15.2m
Sokratis (CB) ARS.svg

ARS

£14.4m
X. Shaqiri (AM) LIV.svg

LIV

£13.5m
F. Benković (CB) LEI.svg

LEI

£13.0m
D. Jota (AM) WOL.svg

WOL

£12.6m
R. Ghezzal (AM) LEI.svg

LEI

£12.6m
D. Ward (GK) LEI.svg

LEI

£12.5m
B. Afobe (FW) WOL.svg

WOL

£12.0m
G. Deulofeu (AM) WAT.svg

WAT

£11.5m
D. Rico (LB) BOU.svg

BOU

£10.8m
A. Gunn (GK) SOU.svg

SOU

£10.8m
J. Murphy (AM) CAR.svg

CAR

£10.3m
B. Reid (AM) CAR.svg

CAR

£10.2m
D. Brooks (AM) BOU.svg

BOU

£10.2m
W. Boly (CB) WOL.svg

WOL

£10.0m
C. Kouyate (CM) CRY.svg

CRY

£9.6m
Y. Muto (FW) NEW.svg

NEW

£9.6m
A. Diakhaby (FW) HUD.svg

HUD

£9.0m
Bernardo (LB) BHA.svg

BHA

£9.0m
L. Fabianski (GK) WHU.svg

WHU

£7.2m
M. Guendouzi (CM) ARS.svg

ARS

£7.2m
S. Armstrong (CM) SOU.svg

SOU

£7.2m
M. Merino (CM) NEW.svg

NEW

£6.3m
R. Sobhi (AM) HUD.svg

HUD

£5.9m
Fabri (GK) FUL.svg

FUL

£5.4m
F. Andone (FW) BHA.svg

BHA

£5.4m
J. Moutinho (CM) WOL.svg

WOL

£5.0m
L. Perez (FW) WHU.svg

WHU

£5.0m
A. Masina (LB) WAT.svg

WAT

£4.5m
F. Hadergjonaj (RB) HUD.svg

HUD

£4.5m
D. Button (GK) BHA.svg

BHA

£4.1m
F. Balbuena (CB) WHU.svg

WHU

£3.6m
F. Schar (CB) NEW.svg

NEW

£3.6m
L. Bonatini (FW) WOL.svg

WOL

£3.6m
M. Dubravka (GK) NEW.svg

NEW

£3.6m
M. Le Marchand (CB) FUL.svg

FUL

£3.6m
G. Cunningham (LB) CAR.svg

CAR

£3.5m
J. Hart (GK) BRN.svg

BRN

£3.5m
J. Evans (CB) LEI.svg

LEI

£3.5m
A. Smithies (GK) CAR.svg

CAR

£3.0m
P. Tau (FW) BHA.svg

BHA

£2.9m
R. Jiminez (FW) WOL.svg

WOL

£2.7m
J. Lossl (GK) HUD.svg

HUD

£2.3m
J. Bacuna (CM) HUD.svg

HUD

£2.3m
P. Sandler (CB) MCI.svg

MCI

£2.3m
K. Sema (AM) WAT.svg

WAT

£2.0m
M. Navarro (RB) WAT.svg

WAT

£1.8m
B. Wilmot (CB) WAT.svg

WAT

£1.5m
L. Grant (GK) MUN.svg

MUN

£1.5m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early days ... early days ... we can’t think of titles just yet  , just improvement and maybe a better chance ... 

 

What a difference a good goalie would have made last season ..

 

World is full of what if’s ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bookies might as well pay out on city retaining it now  8/11 far to good to miss 

5 minutes ago, woolie mark said:

Scousers please note:  Bookmakers have confirmed they are not yet paying out on bets for Liverpool to win 2018/19 Premier League title.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man City look and should be even stronger.  Liverpool have spent well but they have been plaing catch up after refusing to spend like other clubs in the past. Think it will be between these two myself. 

 

ManU seem unwilling to invest in José.  Never seen such a miserable tw*t in such a great job.  Is he after the sack and a payout? 

 

 Chelsea seem to have left it late.  It was clear last season they needed some pace up front and a decent striker, can't see them getting into the top four let alone winning the league.   Arsenal are also in transition and probably a couple ofvtransfer windows away from competing for the title. 

 

Spurs should have invested to take the next step.  With players looking to get away I can’t see them competing for the title, top four at best. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, stevegods said:

Early days ... early days ... we can’t think of titles just yet  , just improvement and maybe a better chance ... 

 

What a difference a good goalie would have made last season ..

 

World is full of what if’s ... 

Mickies. Still on that learning curve. Longest learning curve in the world.  🤣

Ste

Edited by Winsford Soul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouble is both Red teams still live on past glories ... and it’s now that counts .

 

Lets see what happens this year , it may well still be City out in front ...  but I’m happier than I’ve ever been in a long while with both the style and the players we have ... 

 

Fingers crossed ... West Ham first 

826F3424-A91D-4F50-9562-2D59D7405CBA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stevegods said:

Trouble is both Red teams still live on past glories ... and it’s now that counts .

 

Lets see what happens this year , it may well still be City out in front ...  but I’m happier than I’ve ever been in a long while with both the style and the players we have ... 

 

Fingers crossed ... West Ham first 

826F3424-A91D-4F50-9562-2D59D7405CBA.jpeg

Still behind in total trophies.  Regardless of the years taken to win them. 

But as you say that's all in the past 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stevegods said:

With just over 4hrs to go ... whose done the best deals and who expects improvement next season ..

 

Not just saying this because Man U seemed to be lacking in many ways or that we “ Liverpool “ seemed to have spent the money made on selling Courtino  wisely ... but what are your expectations for next season ..

 

I for one will be watching out for Wolves ...saw them a couple of times last season live and boy did they play nice football .. 

 

layer (Pos) To Fee (£m)
Kepa (GK) CHE.svg

CHE

£71.0m
Alisson (GK) LIV.svg

LIV

£66.0m
R. Mahrez (AM) MCI.svg

MCI

£60.0m
Jorginho (CM) CHE.svg

CHE

£53.0m
N. Keita (CM) LIV.svg

LIV

£52.8m
Fred (CM) MUN.svg

MUN

£52.5m
Fabinho (CM) LIV.svg

LIV

£43.7m
F. Anderson (AM) WHU.svg

WHU

£42.0m
Richarlison (AM) EVE.svg

EVE

£40.0m
JM. Seri (CM) FUL.svg

FUL

£35.0m
L. Torreira (CM) ARS.svg

ARS

£27.0m
J. Lerma (CM) BOU.svg

BOU

£25.2m
J. Vestergaard (CB) SOU.svg

SOU

£22.5m
I. Diop (CB) WHU.svg

WHU

£22.0m
J. Maddison (AM) LEI.svg

LEI

£20.0m
B. Leno (GK) ARS.svg

ARS

£19.3m
D. Dalot (RB) MUN.svg

MUN

£19.0m
A. Mitrovic (FW) FUL.svg

FUL

£18.2m
L. Digne (LB) EVE.svg

EVE

£18.2m
T. Kongolo (CB) HUD.svg

HUD

£18.0m
A. Traore (AM) WOL.svg

WOL

£18m
R. Pereira (RB) LEI.svg

LEI

£17.5m
A. Jahanbakhsh (AM) BHA.svg

BHA

£17.1m
A. Yarmolenko (AM) WHU.svg

WHU

£17.0m
M. Elyounoussi (AM) SOU.svg

SOU

£16.2m
B. Gibson (CB) BRN.svg

BRN

£15.2m
Y. Bissouma (CM) BHA.svg

BHA

£15.2m
A. Mawson (CB) FUL.svg

FUL

£15.2m
Sokratis (CB) ARS.svg

ARS

£14.4m
X. Shaqiri (AM) LIV.svg

LIV

£13.5m
F. Benković (CB) LEI.svg

LEI

£13.0m
D. Jota (AM) WOL.svg

WOL

£12.6m
R. Ghezzal (AM) LEI.svg

LEI

£12.6m
D. Ward (GK) LEI.svg

LEI

£12.5m
B. Afobe (FW) WOL.svg

WOL

£12.0m
G. Deulofeu (AM) WAT.svg

WAT

£11.5m
D. Rico (LB) BOU.svg

BOU

£10.8m
A. Gunn (GK) SOU.svg

SOU

£10.8m
J. Murphy (AM) CAR.svg

CAR

£10.3m
B. Reid (AM) CAR.svg

CAR

£10.2m
D. Brooks (AM) BOU.svg

BOU

£10.2m
W. Boly (CB) WOL.svg

WOL

£10.0m
C. Kouyate (CM) CRY.svg

CRY

£9.6m
Y. Muto (FW) NEW.svg

NEW

£9.6m
A. Diakhaby (FW) HUD.svg

HUD

£9.0m
Bernardo (LB) BHA.svg

BHA

£9.0m
L. Fabianski (GK) WHU.svg

WHU

£7.2m
M. Guendouzi (CM) ARS.svg

ARS

£7.2m
S. Armstrong (CM) SOU.svg

SOU

£7.2m
M. Merino (CM) NEW.svg

NEW

£6.3m
R. Sobhi (AM) HUD.svg

HUD

£5.9m
Fabri (GK) FUL.svg

FUL

£5.4m
F. Andone (FW) BHA.svg

BHA

£5.4m
J. Moutinho (CM) WOL.svg

WOL

£5.0m
L. Perez (FW) WHU.svg

WHU

£5.0m
A. Masina (LB) WAT.svg

WAT

£4.5m
F. Hadergjonaj (RB) HUD.svg

HUD

£4.5m
D. Button (GK) BHA.svg

BHA

£4.1m
F. Balbuena (CB) WHU.svg

WHU

£3.6m
F. Schar (CB) NEW.svg

NEW

£3.6m
L. Bonatini (FW) WOL.svg

WOL

£3.6m
M. Dubravka (GK) NEW.svg

NEW

£3.6m
M. Le Marchand (CB) FUL.svg

FUL

£3.6m
G. Cunningham (LB) CAR.svg

CAR

£3.5m
J. Hart (GK) BRN.svg

BRN

£3.5m
J. Evans (CB) LEI.svg

LEI

£3.5m
A. Smithies (GK) CAR.svg

CAR

£3.0m
P. Tau (FW) BHA.svg

BHA

£2.9m
R. Jiminez (FW) WOL.svg

WOL

£2.7m
J. Lossl (GK) HUD.svg

HUD

£2.3m
J. Bacuna (CM) HUD.svg

HUD

£2.3m
P. Sandler (CB) MCI.svg

MCI

£2.3m
K. Sema (AM) WAT.svg

WAT

£2.0m
M. Navarro (RB) WAT.svg

WAT

£1.8m
B. Wilmot (CB) WAT.svg

WAT

£1.5m
L. Grant (GK) MUN.svg

MUN

£1.5m

These players are lucky.

 

The list of out of contract players is amazing.

 

Players who only a few years ago were household names, and now jobless.

 

Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Never mind they will still be entitled to unemployment benefit ( crazy world)

 

But only if they are actively seeking employment? How many letters to prospective clubs/teams will they have to show to get JSA? Will savings, (and most if not all will have squillions in the bank) count towards eligibility? 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Joey said:

 

But only if they are actively seeking employment? How many letters to prospective clubs/teams will they have to show to get JSA? Will savings, (and most if not all will have squillions in the bank) count towards eligibility? 🙂 

 

Don"t think I"'ll be taking the autograph book down to the local Job Centre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

 

Don"t think I"'ll be taking the autograph book down to the local Job Centre.

Take an autograph book down to my local job centre, and none of the "customers" would know what it was. Wouldn't know what ANY book was actually. But they'd still mug me for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.