Which Version Does It For You?   

1. 1. Run For Your Life

• Harrison Brothers
    • Douglas Gibson
    • Luther Ingram

This poll is closed to new votes

• Sign in or join to vote
  • Poll closed on 31/08/18 at 22:59

I think I may have overthought this 🙄Tough one, didn't know the tune prior to the poll, not at all keen on the screaming back up vocals on the Douglas Gibson version though I like his vocal, prefer the backing tracks on both the Gibson and Harrison Bros, liked the vocal on the Harrison Bros version but again not the backing singers, overall voted for Luther's version, perfect for me would have been the backing track from either of the first two, the backing singers from Luther's and the main vocal from Douglas Gibson.

Social source share

Lucky enough to be voting on this absolutely blind. After so many years spent "off-scene" this is the first I've heard any version. In circumstances such as this, I always apply one single criteria, would it have been a floor filler in 72 or 73. Soooooooo.........for me, it has to be The Harrison Brothers, and by a country mile. More "oomph", great bass line, and to my ageing ears, just more "Northern" than the others. All three have good points, all three have their deficiencies. Harrison Brothers has far more of the former, and far fewer of the latter. 

Social source share

Whats the point of these version battles.  It's all personal preference and doesn't achieve anything. 

All three of these records are great!  Why can't I vote for all three?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/08/2018 at 20:57, solidsoul said:

Whats the point of these version battles.  It's all personal preference and doesn't achieve anything. 

I have a suspicion that these version battles are meant to bit a bit of lighthearted fun - Keep smiling :wink:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!