jimmy clitheroe

Sugarcube sc-1 anyone tried one ?

Posted (edited)

There's also the SC 2 model.

http://www.sweetvinyl.com/ 

We were discussing the merits of this product over on the Hip Hop forums a couple of weeks ago.

I've read really good things about both products, but they're not cheap. £2,600 for the SC-2, which is the one you'd likely want. 

These machines would be very useful for sampling and music production for someone like myself as I have a load of old fcuked up stuff I could sample that would benefit from this kind of tech and especially for sampling some great sounding drum break for example that inconveniently pops or crackles in the 3rd bar or something similar .

The OCD side of me really wants this machine  but I've tried super hard to kill that uptight bastard for the last couple of decades. I can't imagine listening to Cypress Hill's "If I Could Just Kill a Man" without the crackles.  There are times when I like a super-clean sound though.

This would also be so good for digitising your vinyl collection. It even splits the tracks and handles meta tagging!

My only concern is what if it accidentally removed the pedal-squeaks from the hi-hat on the intro drumbreak  to "Wah Wah Man" by Young-Holt Unlimited? what then????

End of days. That's what!  

The video below shows an example of how it works.

Edited by Soulsides

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.