Eddie Levert Collapses on Stage

Roburt

Anyone heard anything about the above ??

It is being reported on Facebook and I know the O'Jays had a concert in Atlalta last night ... HOWEVER.. there has recently been one of those stupid EDDIE LEVERT DEAD scam news stories doing the rounds & this just could be an extension of that rubbish.

OJaysAug2018.jpg

EddieLevertDeadHoax.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Understand from a USA radio station who spoke with Eddie yesterday on the phone that it was felt that is was due to dehydration, what a talented man his vocal is still Tops! Trust he makes a quick recovery!

Social source share

Yes, one can do a LOT of sweating under those hot lights.  Imagine, singing and putting a lot of emotion into it, moving around, and having all those hot lamps shining down upon you.  That's why talk shows give the guests several bottles of bottled water nearby, to swig during commercials, or when others are talking, because, even sitting relatively still, you sweat out LOTS of water.  You need to constantly replenish it, or you can get heat stroke.  It's dangerous for people over 70 years old, as it can lead to an accidental heart attack, EVEN if you don't have heart disease.  That has happened even to young, otherwise healthy athletes, who lose too much water, and continue their exercising.  I had a friend who was a marathon runner get dehydrated while practise-running, on a relatively cool fall day, in The Netherlands, near the beach in Scheveningen.  He had lost too much water, and hadn't brought his ruksak and bottled water along.  He collapsed, and was found later. He was rushed to hospital, but his heart stopped before the paramedics got him there. He died at the young age of 27, of heat-stroke dehydration, being otherwise in good health.

Social source share

I had to keep my eye on my Father this past weekend as I found out that he wasn't drinking enough water and I notice he was fatigue.  I asked him how much water did he have and he told me only half a bottle that day.  I told him even if you are not hot or thirsty, you have to keep yourself hydrated.  Specially at his age.

You would be surprised how valuable a sip of water can be to your body.

Speedy recovery to Eddie Levert.  He puts everything into his singing performance, so he definitely needs to keep water near him on stage.  Want to see him performing for years to come.  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!