Aretha gravely ill

Davemac3

Guest woolie mark

I read about this earlier today, so very sad and hoping for the best for this wonderful person.

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

12 hours ago, Soultaker said:

I feel very depressed after reading this.  She has been a part of my life since before I could remember.  My mom played many records by her as I was growing up.  The past year and a half it's been hard to play my records since I've lost my mom back in 2016.  Almost feels like I'm going through that time again, specially seeing that picture of from the Elton John show last year.  That was so hard to look at as it reminded me of the last months of my Mothers life.

Atb m8♥

Social source share

Guest tmg555

Aretha, Time to sing one for yourself.!! You are the best !!!....We love you Aretha ..You Are Truly.... The Queen of Soul..xxxx

Edited by tmg555
Social source share

If she is down to 6 stone and has cancer again and having hospice care at home..

As is widely reported, then for sure it's a terrible situation.

One of her relatives had reported she was awake and aware.

Aside from all her songs, I loved her performance in the blues brothers as the nagging long suffering wife:

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
Spello
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Aretha & Curtis together.....it says something about what an important contribution you have made to the world when known internationally by only your first name.

Just wishing the best for her.

Social source share

1 hour ago, tomangoes said:

Not a dry eye in the house.

Ed

Wow, she really sings that - love the shot of her from behind the piano, just alone with the song despite the big crowd, Obama, etc. Shame it keeps cutting to Carole King acting like a bit of a dick but I suppose you would do if you'd written the song  

Social source share

On 15/08/2018 at 09:07, Chris Turnbull said:

Wow, she really sings that - love the shot of her from behind the piano, just alone with the song despite the big crowd, Obama, etc. Shame it keeps cutting to Carole King acting like a bit of a dick but I suppose you would do if you'd written the song  

I think you're looking at Carole through the wrong lens. She was on tv today and was commenting on this clip. In her interview, she mentioned

Aretha rarely if ever played the piano in her later years, when Carole saw this she was astounded and went into complete fan girl mode! 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!