D.D.A LOWTON

cenco

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well what can i say... WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT!!

I'll admit to having forgot what a great room this second room at Lowton is... not too big or too small... with a nice size dancefloor... good layout... and just a really good 'feel' about the place.

Got there a little late due to car troubles so Karl was in full flow when i got there... played some great stuff... always manages to pull out at least one or two little gems i haven't heard before.

I covered the next 45 minutes and by the time it came for me to hand over to Maria.. the place was really busy despite still only being 9.30pm.

I have to say a HUGE THANKYOU to our special guests last night... both played their little hearts out for us... and you could see they enjoyed every minute of their spots as much as we did.

There's nothing better than looking over and seeing a DJ enjoying what they are doing.. strangely a site not often seen these days... something i can never get my head around but there you go.

Hearing awesome tunes being played to an up for it and appreciative crowd... there's nothing better imo...

So a HUGE THANKYOU from myself, Karl and Paul to Maria and Steve... and to everyone came along to support us last night... you all played a part in making our first night at Lowton something really special... so THANKYOU!!

The next DDA at Lowton is on JANUARY 12th... with special guest... the one and only JOHN WESTON.. a night not to be missed..

...and with a niter booked for Febuary... it's all good people.. it's all good! :wicked:

Edited by jumpinjoan

Well that seemed to go down quite well!!!!

Thanks to everybody who turned up for the first D.D.A's night at Lowton. thumbup.gif I loved every minute!!

Special thanks to our guests for the night Maria Willingham and Steve Green. Fantastic collections and excellent spots!!!!!!!!!

A big thanks to Baz Meleady for all his hard work setting everything up for us. You're a gent sir. :good:

Not forgetting Kev Murphy for inviting the D.D.A. to put this night on in the second room at Lowton. We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our little soulful get together.

The room is ideal, great dance floor :dance: , own bar, good clear sound system and an all round friendly atmosphere.

Everybody I spoke to told me how much they enjoyed it and that means a great deal to me. Makes it all worth while. It's all about having fun and enjoying yourself at the end of the day and what better way to start the weekend, a great night of SOUL.

ROLL ON JAN 12, when we do it all again, can't wait!!! With the one and only Mr JOHN WESTON as guest.

Lastly just a mention for the little lady who never sits still, Jumpin Joan. So passionate about the music, with impeccable taste and knowledge. I'm so proud to be a part of the team. Thanks Joan thumbsup.gif

Also the other partner in crime, Paul Sadot who unfortunately had to miss this one due to swanning of to Kenya. We both missed you mate, but as I said we do it all again in Jan.

THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME!!!, HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT?

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE D.D.A. :shhh:

Kind regards Karl.

Well that seemed to go down quite well!!!!

Thanks to everybody who turned up for the first D.D.A's night at Lowton. thumbup.gif I loved every minute!!

Special thanks to our guests for the night Maria Willingham and Steve Green. Fantastic collections and excellent spots!!!!!!!!!

A big thanks to Baz Meleady for all his hard work setting everything up for us. You're a gent sir. :good:

Not forgetting Kev Murphy for inviting the D.D.A. to put this night on in the second room at Lowton. We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our little soulful get together.

The room is ideal, great dance floor :dance: , own bar, good clear sound system and an all round friendly atmosphere.

Everybody I spoke to told me how much they enjoyed it and that means a great deal to me. Makes it all worth while. It's all about having fun and enjoying yourself at the end of the day and what better way to start the weekend, a great night of SOUL.

ROLL ON JAN 12, when we do it all again, can't wait!!! With the one and only Mr JOHN WESTON as guest.

Lastly just a mention for the little lady who never sits still, Jumpin Joan. So passionate about the music, with impeccable taste and knowledge. I'm so proud to be a part of the team. Thanks Joan thumbsup.gif

Also the other partner in crime, Paul Sadot who unfortunately had to miss this one due to swanning of to Kenya. We both missed you mate, but as I said we do it all again in Jan.

THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME!!!, HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT?

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE D.D.A. :shhh:

Kind regards Karl.

Hi Karl...thanks for the kind words. What a great night all round, both rooms at Lowton v busy last night. Great to see so many people enjoying such wonderful music. Superb spots from yourself, (both rooms) Joan and guests Maria Willingham and Steve Green, excellent!

Good to see Rob Thomas and Kev Barret and quite a few 'old faces' making the effort last night.

Cant wait for Jan and the Anniversary in Feb - looks like a winner for 2007

ATB Baz M

I'll be the first with my playlist...

I'm sure the others will follow as soon as Karl's back from being lead astray... Maria figures out what her password is... and when Steve is able to just see one of everything :wicked::shades:

Here's the plays from both spots.. in absolutely no order!

REGGIE SOUL - WORLD OF ECSTASY - CAPRI

INTERNATIONALS - BEAUTIFUL PHILOSOPHY - D'AR

SONNY TILL - I GAVE IT ALL UP - CLOWN

TWO TONS OF LOVE - BROWN & BEAUTIFUL - GORDO

WALTER JACKSON - LET ME COME BACK - BRUNSWICK

SKIP JACKSON - I'M ONTO YOU GIRL - DOT MAR

TOMORROWS MEN - WHO'S THAT LADY - CONGRESS

DECISIONS - I CANT FORGET ABOUT YOU - A&M

PACESETTERS - I'M GONNA MAKE IT - MINIT

SOUL BLENDERS - LOVE BUILT ON STRONG FOUNDATION - VANESSA

FABULOUS PEPS - WITH THESE EYES - WHEELSVILLE

SANDY HADLEY - SINCE I FOUND A LOVE - SO CHAR

VENTURAS - HEART OF LOVE - GREEN LIGHT

SHARON SCOTT - COULD IT BE YOU - RCA

FOUR PROS - EVERYBODYS GOT SOME SOUL - CARLA

ROTATIONS - TRYING TO MAKE YOU MY OWN - MALA

INTERTAINS - I NEED YOUR LOVE - UPTOWN

PERFECTIONS - I LOVE YOU MY LOVE - SVR

FRANK HOWARD - I'M SO GLAD - BARRY

LARRY WILLIAMS - ASK FOR ONE GOOD REASON - OKEH

FIESTAS - THINK SMART - OLD TOWN

SHIRLEY KAROL - JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY - DAKAR

HERMAN HITSON - YES YOU DID - MINIT

WINSTONS - AINT NOTHING LIKE - CURTOM

BILLY KENNEDY - SWEET THING - THELMA

HEARTBREAKERS - IVE GOT TO FACE IT - DERBY CITY

MARTHA & VANDELLAS - BEEN IN LOVE TOO LONG - GORDY

SHARON MCMAHON - GOT TO FIND ANOTHER GUY - KAREN

MASQUERADERS - HOW - LA BEAT

CELEST HARDY - YOU'RE GONE - REYNOLDS

GEORGE HOBSON - LET IT BE REAL - SOUND CITY

Once again thanks everyone for a fantastic nite... :thumbsup: still buzzin!!

i can just about focus now joan wacko.gif anyway i think these are what i played i aint got a clue on order though.

admirations-you left me-peaches

professionals-did my baby call-groovecity

technics-hey girl dont leave me-chex

marlynnes-the very next time-daran

fantastic nutymes-darling dont leave me-click

five chance-stanger i love you-finch

terrifics-were so young-diamond jim

faye and the hillettes-where did he go-audiodisc acetate

jacky beavers -unissued

darrel banks-unissued

versatiles-tell me-jobette acetate

hilda-here i am-acetate

young bros-baby-soul power

yvonne vernee-just like you did me-sonbert

professionals-thats why i love you-groove city

larry clinton-shes wanted-dynamo

tranells-blessed with a love-flo-jo

devotions-do,do,de,dop-nation

intentions-she needs somebody-usa

intrepids-to make you love me-nitebeat

ernie johnson-i cant stand the pain-artco

eddie billups-ask my heart-peachtree

faye and the hillettes-just the way i feel-audiodisc

linda and the vistas-believe me-bell acetate

versatiles-thats what i call love-jobette acetate

young bros-whats your game-soul power

george pepp-the feeling is real-coleman

magnetics-count the days-sable

patrnell staten-little love affair-sepia

Edited by cenco

I'll be the first with my playlist...

I'm sure the others will follow as soon as Karl's back from being lead astray... Maria figures out what her password is... and when Steve is able to just see one of everything :lol::thumbsup:

Here's the plays from both spots.. in absolutely no order!

REGGIE SOUL - WORLD OF ECSTASY - CAPRI

INTERNATIONALS - BEAUTIFUL PHILOSOPHY - D'AR

SONNY TILL - I GAVE IT ALL UP - CLOWN

TWO TONS OF LOVE - BROWN & BEAUTIFUL - GORDO

WALTER JACKSON - LET ME COME BACK - BRUNSWICK

SKIP JACKSON - I'M ONTO YOU GIRL - DOT MAR

TOMORROWS MEN - WHO'S THAT LADY - CONGRESS

DECISIONS - I CANT FORGET ABOUT YOU - A&M

PACESETTERS - I'M GONNA MAKE IT - MINIT

SOUL BLENDERS - LOVE BUILT ON STRONG FOUNDATION - VANESSA

FABULOUS PEPS - WITH THESE EYES - WHEELSVILLE

SANDY HADLEY - SINCE I FOUND A LOVE - SO CHAR

VENTURAS - HEART OF LOVE - GREEN LIGHT

SHARON SCOTT - COULD IT BE YOU - RCA

FOUR PROS - EVERYBODYS GOT SOME SOUL - CARLA

ROTATIONS - TRYING TO MAKE YOU MY OWN - MALA

INTERTAINS - I NEED YOUR LOVE - UPTOWN

PERFECTIONS - I LOVE YOU MY LOVE - SVR

FRANK HOWARD - I'M SO GLAD - BARRY

LARRY WILLIAMS - ASK FOR ONE GOOD REASON - OKEH

FIESTAS - THINK SMART - OLD TOWN

SHIRLEY KAROL - JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY - DAKAR

HERMAN HITSON - YES YOU DID - MINIT

WINSTONS - AINT NOTHING LIKE - CURTOM

BILLY KENNEDY - SWEET THING - THELMA

HEARTBREAKERS - IVE GOT TO FACE IT - DERBY CITY

MARTHA & VANDELLAS - BEEN IN LOVE TOO LONG - GORDY

SHARON MCMAHON - GOT TO FIND ANOTHER GUY - KAREN

MASQUERADERS - HOW - LA BEAT

CELEST HARDY - YOU'RE GONE - REYNOLDS

GEORGE HOBSON - LET IT BE REAL - SOUND CITY

Once again thanks everyone for a fantastic nite... :thumbsup: still buzzin!!

Now then Joannie..... You KNOW that I NEED the first three records on your playlist. I wasn't even there and you're being cruel - have you no heart? :wicked:

Playlists do sound fantastic, so will pencil the dates in my diary. Obviously in my suburban housewifery existance that means absolutely nothing at all, but at least I can try :shades:

Ok, lets try and remember what I played. Not in any order.

Vicki Williams --- Your love makes me stay --- Big Beat

J J Barnes --- Snow flakes --- Volt

Commands --- I've got love for my baby --- Dynamic

Blenders --- Cause I love you --- Le Sage

Trends --- Not to old to cry --- ABC

Four Tops --- Tea house in China town --- Motown LP

Whispers --- You can't fight what's right --- Dore

Occasions --- There's no you --- Big Jim

O.C. Smith --- On easy street --- Columbia

Pat & Blenders --- Good, good loving --- Fast Eddie

Kia Williams --- Our love is dying --- Unissued

Tiny Watkins --- Run, Run, Run. --- Goodie train

Embers --- Aware of love --- eEe

Otis Leavill --- Gotta right to cry --- Lucky

Bunny Sigler --- Sunny Sunday --- Parkway

Vibrations --- Pick me --- Okey

P.J. Smith --- Hold on to it --- Shane

Otis Leavill --- Keep on loving --- Columbia

Tim Rose --- I got a loneliness --- Columbia

Paul Smith --- Ain't that something ---Jacklyn

Cicero Blake --- If I had my way --- Brainstorm

Lonnie Russ --- Say girl --- Kerwood

Matadors --- Say yes baby --- Chavis

Volumes --- I've never been so in love --- Garu

Clarence Townsend --- I found a new love --- Clara

Ralph soul Jackson --- Set me free --- Black kat

Sammy Campbell --- I never thought --- Queen city

Fredrick Hymes --- Time aint gonna do me no favours --- Fab Vegas

Bobby Smith --- Girl --- C/U

George Smallwood --- Hey mamma --- Smallwood

Three records of the night for me where,

Earls --- Everybody's got somebody --- Tee-Ti. Thanks Maria.

Young Brothers --- Baby --- Soul power. Wow what a toon, thanks Steve.

George Hobson --- Let it be real --- Sound City. Thanks Joan

See you all again in Jan, Happy Christmas and New Year. Karl.

Fabulous nite Joan, Karl n all :lol:

D.D.A. room a great success - brilliant atmosphere n just the right size room, dance floor excellent along with great friends to share the night but above all the music was spot on :lol:

Just waiting for Maria's playlist - loved the RnBish Instrumental, what a dancer - just need Artist n title.

Well done to all a great success - looking forward to the Jan one ( falls on my birthday week so will be celebrating too :lol: ) Will definately recommend people give this a go, sure won't be disappointed.

Karen

Once again thanks everyone for a fantastic nite... :lol: still buzzin!!

==========================================

What no Al Wilson--The Snake :angry: your losing it Joan big style..........

Seriously some really great music played by all the guys & gals blimey i sound like Jimmy Saville

it makes a refreshing change when you have to ask someone what was that whats just been spun

really looking forward to the next one with Mr Weston guesting the fella has always been a favourite spinner

of mine ,will have to make sure he has 25 pints before he goes on stage.

RESPECT

Ian Cunliffe

Congratulations on your debut night it sounds like it was a brilliant night .

As I've said before , the fantastic thing about this lot is that you always get a load of fresh stuff being dug from the archives and played out to an appreciative floor - what more do need ?

WELL DONE !

See you at Lowton in the new year

Kev J

I'll admit to having forgot what a great room this second room at Lowton is... not too big or too small... with a nice size dancefloor... good layout... and just a really good 'feel' about the place.

Got there a little late due to car troubles so Karl was in full flow when i got there... played some great stuff... always manages to pull out at least one or two little gems i haven't heard before.

I covered the next 45 minutes and by the time it came for me to hand over to Maria.. the place was really busy despite still only being 9.30pm.

I have to say a HUGE THANKYOU to our special guests last night... both played their little hearts out for us... and you could see they enjoyed every minute of their spots as much as we did.

There's nothing better than looking over and seeing a DJ enjoying what they are doing.. strangely a site not often seen these days... something i can never get my head around but there you go.

Hearing awesome tunes being played to an up for it and appreciative crowd... there's nothing better imo...

So a HUGE THANKYOU from myself, Karl and Paul to Maria and Steve... and to everyone came along to support us last night... you all played a part in making our first night at Lowton something really special... so THANKYOU!!

The next DDA at Lowton is on JANUARY 12th... with special guest... the one and only JOHN WESTON.. a night not to be missed..

...and with a niter booked for Febuary... it's all good people.. it's all good! :lol:

...and with a niter booked for Febuary... it's all good people.. it's all good! :lol:

great night, hope it continues, well done guys.

pete, viv & del.

good night indeed!!! came up with steve green and our rally driver christine! just over 2 hours from gloucester on a friday night unbelieveable, had to wait in the pub before venue opened, and boy can greener drink!! kept losing my beer after about 10. sold a few records and met some new friends and heard good music, cant ask for more, well perhaps a bit of "SHOCK HORRORR!!!!" r&b and popcorn thrownin! thats my street cred down with you die hard soulies, EZZIE

i can just about focus now joan wacko.gif anyway i think these are what i played i aint got a clue on order though.

admirations-you left me-peaches

professionals-did my baby call-groovecity

technics-hey girl dont leave me-chex

marlynnes-the very next time-daran

fantastic nutymes-darling dont leave me-click

five chance-stanger i love you-finch

terrifics-were so young-diamond jim

faye and the hillettes-where did he go-audiodisc acetate

jacky beavers -unissued

darrel banks-unissued

versatiles-tell me-jobette acetate

hilda-here i am-acetate

young bros-baby-soul power

yvonne vernee-just like you did me-sonbert

professionals-thats why i love you-groove city

larry clinton-shes wanted-dynamo

tranells-blessed with a love-flo-jo

devotions-do,do,de,dop-nation

intentions-she needs somebody-usa

intrepids-to make you love me-nitebeat

ernie johnson-i cant stand the pain-artco

eddie billups-ask my heart-peachtree

faye and the hillettes-just the way i feel-audiodisc

linda and the vistas-believe me-bell acetate

versatiles-thats what i call love-jobette acetate

young bros-whats your game-soul power

george pepp-the feeling is real-coleman

magnetics-count the days-sable

patrnell staten-little love affair-sepia

youve still got em then steve :thumbsup: absolutely awsome i,m so jelous :shhh: all the playlists look great can,t wait till jan 12th :rolleyes:

Edited by spaghetti weston

TOP TUNES,TOP VENUE. TOP PEOPLE, THANKS TO MARIA FOR PLAYING MY REQUESTS, FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH YOU STEVE LOOKING FORWARD TO MIDDLETON :rolleyes: THANKS TO KARL FOR SCRAPING ME OFF THE FLOOR AFTER MY INVOLUTARY BACK-DROP...THOUGHT A JIG MIGHT SORT MY BACK OUT ..WELL IT BLOODY WELL DID......CURRENTLY DOING A GOOD IMPRESSION OF QUASIMODO...OH WELL IT'S PANTO SEASON AFTER-ALL...SEE YOU SOON MR SPAG. BOUGHT A FEW NICE TUNES. APOLOGIES TO STEVE T FOR BENDING YOUR EAR 'IT WAS THE WHISKY TALKING' FIRST TIME EVER AT LOWTON...WHAT A CHAMPION PLACE..DEFINITELY BE BACK...BEATS ROASTING MY NUTS BY THE HEARTH :thumbsup:

CPTN M

WOW.....sounds like a great debut.......never doubted it. JOAN and KARL you have 'Soul' and 'Nothing' but soul!! The guests aswell, sad I missed it. But, with all this support it can only get better. The North is definitely where the excitement lives.........Thanks to Kev for having faith

PAUL-S