Jump to content
  • Sign Up
John Hart

Silly Names, Pseudonyms, Aliases, Why?

Recommended Posts

All the Cool guys on SS ,use there real names ,;Ady Croasdale , Dave Thorley,Rick  Scott, Derek Pearson ,etc,etc,. Why do people need to masquerade behind such chiidish,unfunny non de plumes?

First the schoolroom jokers ; ginger ,Tubby , Butch ,Chalky,Spotty,Sam,??

Second,Call me a soul singer; Frankie Crocker,Tempo, Togetherness, Baby Boy,and My Lass {so un Pc and   dodgy ?}

Third ; Nostalgia ,Wiganer , Backstreet, Casino Classic,?

 

 

Why such outrage ? When buying a record on here, my new found Paypal Friend &family was not sure to me if he was Soultime ,Soulfinger,or Kevin!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When someone lists a Lenny Curtis for £400 / Cody Black -GIG £350 or Sidney Barnes I hurt on the other side £150 on here I don't care if they want to use my Mother's maiden name as long as I see them 1st - don't forget this is basically an electronic messaging / meeting / sales / promoting site which just so happens to provide masses of info that in general highlights the good and bad in equal measure and in my experience 99.99% of members don't even consider this as an issue and in fact consider any pertinent 'heads up' on subjects dear to our hearts as the prime reason for being on here irrespective of the origin

Get A Life !

Santa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Hart said:

All the Cool guys on SS ,use there real names ,;Ady Croasdale , Dave Thorley,Rick  Scott, Derek Pearson ,etc,etc,. Why do people need to masquerade behind such chiidish,unfunny non de plumes?

First the schoolroom jokers ; ginger ,Tubby , Butch ,Chalky,Spotty,Sam,??

Second,Call me a soul singer; Frankie Crocker,Tempo, Togetherness, Baby Boy,and My Lass {so un Pc and   dodgy ?}

Third ; Nostalgia ,Wiganer , Backstreet, Casino Classic,?

 

 

Why such outrage ? When buying a record on here, my new found Paypal Friend &family was not sure to me if he was Soultime ,Soulfinger,or Kevin!!

 

Hard to know how to respond to this post but here goes...

 

First off, you won’t be getting a copy of my last 45 ‘Ton Of Dynamite’ for Christmas as you didn’t include me in the list of cool guys.

 

I was going to call myself Tyrone Shoelaces but thought it mightn’t be PC..

 

Butch isn’t all that funny but Ady Croasdell put out the word he told a joke once.

 

I think the main reason we have these ID’s is so we can pretend to be doing work on the computer, and when the boss looks over your shoulder, they can not see your real name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Other forums I've been on where we've had trolls (unrelated to soul music - salmon fishing stuff of all things) they've used false IDs as a vehicle for getting away with being nasty little bastards - often also joining under multiple IDs from the outset knowing they'd get booted under one name - I really object to obscure pseudonyms because it means people don't reap what they sow behaviour-wise, taking away the filters of public embarassment.

 

I/we are PeteNDave coz everyone seems to know us as that more than they do Pete Whitney or Dave Carne.

 

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

When there's God knows how many Steve Smith's on here and I used to run Winsford nighters. Simples.  I'm sticking with it too. 

My real name is Peregrine Cuthbert Tarquin Fontelroid  3rd but it didn't seem appropriate to use it on here

 

You fraud! I'm Peregrine Cuthbert Tarquin Fontelroid the 3rd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, John Hart said:

All the Cool guys on SS ,use there real names 

Cough ,ahem..

 

No...no they don't.

 

And I'm cool A.F. by the way (and always have been...probably) :D 

 

Yours sincerely

Lou .S. Sides

 

Edited by Soulsides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Sign up/in to remove

two names that always make us laugh,  Girth Sturnem and Jock Stirrup... I learned the latter was actually real guy in the upper ranks of the British army... oh and El Ramon !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mal C said:

two names that always make us laugh,  Girth Sturnem and Jock Stirrup... I learned the latter was actually real guy in the upper ranks of the British army... oh and El Ramon !

 

Jock Stirrup was actually RAF, Mal, and now answers to The Lord Stirrup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to use your name on Soul Source, god bless you. But if someone doesn't -I don't know why it would be a problem.

I don't think Soul Source is any different from e-bay or twitter where most users don't use their real name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

Nothing to hide, as you can see my avatar is a photo of me and as others have said the details are in their profiles.

I think that the real cool people use their own photo🙄, where's yours John ? 🤔

 

I thought my photo was the coolest (As ice - literally) :elvis: 

 

Len :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Widnes63 said:

I was born at home in Widnes in 1963, use this nom de plume on other sites.

 

Nothing to hide, as you can see my avatar is a photo of me and as others have said the details are in their profiles.

I think that the real cool people use their own photo🙄, where's yours John ? 🤔

There you go. I'm now using my own photo - my most recent - after completing my 50th Parkrun on Saturday, though Bilko's better looking and I reserve the right to go back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Widnes63 said:

I think that if you can run round the park then you are cool mate, I couldn't run to the end of our road.

Being cool is something that is bestowed on you, if you think that you are cool then you are not, like people who say " I'm dead funny me !!!"...

no your not.

Ste.

 

 

Completely agree mate - on all accounts!

 

I think it hilarious that we have mentioned the word 'cool' at our ripe old ages - We have to laugh at ourselves because there is so much material in all of us to enjoy :wink:

 

All the best,

 

'Mr Leonard David Charles Dopson' (I kid you not!) :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Widnes63 said:

I was born at home in Widnes in 1963, use this nom de plume on other sites.

 

Nothing to hide, as you can see my avatar is a photo of me and as others have said the details are in their profiles.

I think that the real cool people use their own photo🙄, where's yours John ? 🤔

I must be like ICE. not only my own photo but wearing shades as well . 

Over to you Len 

Ste 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Widnes63 said:

I think that if you can run round the park then you are cool mate, I couldn't run to the end of our road.

Being cool is something that is bestowed on you, if you think that you are cool then you are not, like people who say " I'm dead funny me !!!"...

no your not.

Ste.

 

That's dead funny that Ste. Sorry mate couldn't resist. 

Ste 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Spain pete said:

Cool is out    hip is in  

At my age Hip replacements are in

 

Gogs (my nickname, that everybody who knows me uses)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spain pete said:

Cool is out    hip is in  

 

More like 'replacement hip' is in you mean.......B*gger, just seen above 'far quicker' post - Twot Len! :dash2:

 

Len :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I see we got a mention...

 

With me/us I wanted to keep the missus anonymous for those who didn't know her as she does the whole social media thing so wanted to leave her name out of it. For me I wanted to use the nickname I was given by all the older girls on the scene thinking that most would know it/me... 

 

However it wasn't to hide, I've had this avatar since day one and we are both still recognisable plus I have no issue posting recent photos as I have done. As have many others. When you are available like that it works two ways, one you get folks coming over at events and introducing themselves, which I like a lot, plus it reigns you in from becoming a keyboard knobhead, not suggesting I'm not a knobhead but, you won't take anything too far as you might meet someone in the flesh at some point. It keeps you grounded, I'm not thinking of changing.

 

Delighted that the OP considers the name un-PC/Dodgy, can't imagine why though, maybe he thinks I am one of those fetishists that wears nappies and sucks on a titty… Actually I wouldn't rule it out... :hatsoff2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Oh I see we got a mention...

 

With me/us I wanted to keep the missus anonymous for those who didn't know her as she does the whole social media thing so wanted to leave her name out of it. For me I wanted to use the nickname I was given by all the older girls on the scene thinking that most would know it/me... 

 

However it wasn't to hide, I've had this avatar since day one and we are both still recognisable plus I have no issue posting recent photos as I have done. As have many others. When you are available like that it works two ways, one you get folks coming over at events and introducing themselves, which I like a lot, plus it reigns you in from becoming a keyboard knobhead, not suggesting I'm not a knobhead but, you won't take anything too far as you might meet someone in the flesh at some point. It keeps you grounded, I'm not thinking of changing.

 

Delighted that the OP considers the name un-PC/Dodgy, can't imagine why though, maybe he thinks I am one of those fetishists that wears nappies and sucks on a titty… Actually I wouldn't rule it out... :hatsoff2:

 

I might be wrong(not being cool and all that) ,but wasn’t John Hart’s initial “moniker “something like.......JOHNNY MALAGA.....may be you could find out for us Simon...

     thanks

                Chris...,,    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soul Sam, Son of Sam, Fat boy Slim, DJ honky...

 

They are all at it:)

 

Back in the day it was so simple:

 

Little Leslie from Ponti

 

Ted from Grimsby

 

In our youthful years, Surnames were never revealed, but some strange tags and nicknames often accompanied the Christian name.

 

Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 20/08/2018 at 20:23, LEN said:

think it hilarious that we have mentioned the word 'cool' at our ripe old ages 

'Cool Hand Len' ...:lol:

Now THAT'S  erm... a cool username !

 

Edited by Soulsides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.