Different songs, but some of the lyrics are the same

Here's one to think about.

Two (or more) different songs that use either the same unique phrases, or a very minor variation. They could be by the same artist, but don't have to be.
They could also be the A and B side of a release, or they coulld just be from the same company and / or songwriters. Again, the don't have to be.

Just post the line, and the two (or more) different song titles that use the line.

Obviously there's tons of songs that use very common short phrases (eg. "I love you") so no need to bother with that kind of thing. I'm thinking of much longer phrases.

I've got a couple that spring to mind, but that's all I can think of. There must be quite a few.

Cheers
Mick

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Here's two from Immediate . . .

"Everybody's gonna say that everything is alright. If they don't then boy there's gonna be a fight" (PP Arnold)
. . . and a slight variation . . .
"Everybody wants to know that everything is alright. I guess they thought by now we'd had a great big fight" (Chris Farlowe / Dee Dee

Warwick - We're Doing Fine)

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

First pressings of "Sweet Soul Music" only list Conley and Redding as the writers.

A lawsuit was filed by J.W. Alexander for Sam's publishing company (Kags) and was settled with Conley and Redding giving Cooke and Kags publishing credit. Also part of the suit was the promise for Otis to record more of Sam's tunes. Strangely enough, the flip side of "Sweet Soul Music"  was J.W. Alexander's  "Let's Go Steady". 

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!