mike

members signatures - had their day?

ok currently looking at toning down this feature - members signatures 

currently, members signatures are available to all members

but the use is limited, they don't show on the mobile version of the site and they don't show to guests or new members

Reasons why looking at this feature include improving the sites performance, user-friendliness and trying to achieve a uniform layout wherever possible

The plan is to tone them down (they now  use a max limit of one link, two lines and no images) with the thinking being to switch them off completely in the future

any thoughts/views?

I find the signature space to be very useful in that it allows you a small space to put event info in front of people on an ongoing regular basis. If people choose not to use them, fine. That's their choice. But for us who do it's a useful function. I'd be sad to see signatures go.

I don't take as much notice of them as I once did (When I joined I suppose)

As said above, they can act as a quick reminder of an event. But the wording could be reduced to a more 'prompt' version of the little bit of advertising it gives.

I like em.

Len :thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.