SOUL IT DONT GET ANY MORE EMOTIONAL.

42 minutes ago, Gibby Gibby said:

It's a week since the loss of My favourite female soul singer and I'm still crying listening to Gotta find me a ANGEL., I still get moved when I hear Walter Jackson's version, as well. 

Spent a week in Detroit last year crying at awesome legends.

I had to decide in my life what was more important to me and what made my heart skip a beat, jump, speed up and miss a beat , it's SOUL.

Over the last 10 years I've been on a remarkable journey of emotions, before this things just got bottled up.

Were all so blessed to have experienced music of such fine outstanding quality, it will continue and so will the Emotion Of Soul.

That's me most of you know me, thanks for reading.

Gibby

Well Said and Very well put That Man, You are not Alone In the Way You Feel, A Lot of Us are Still In Mourning and May Never Get Over Her Passing. But She Has Left Us Such A Vast Amount Of Soul and Gut Wrenching Music That Will Probably Never, Ever, Be Bettered, We Thank You Aretha. 

Social source share

7 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Well Said and Very well put That Man, You are not Alone In the Way You Feel, A Lot of Us are Still In Mourning and May Never Get Over Her Passing. But She Has Left Us Such A Vast Amount Of Soul and Gut Wrenching Music That Will Probably Never, Ever, Be Bettered, We Thank You Aretha. 

The death of Aretha never affected me like the death of Levi  Stubbs did. I genuinely shed a tear when Levi died. I was gutted. 

Steve 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

The death of Aretha never affected me like the death of Levi  Stubbs did. I genuinely shed a tear when Levi died. I was gutted. 

Steve 

Same Here Steve and i'm Sad To say You Just Set Me Off Again, I get asked Why i get So Emotional about Real Soul Music, I just Look  At them Bemused  and say, If you Need to ask me a Question like that, Then you Don't Have any Soul, Enuff Said I Think. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

45 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Wiping away the tears so as I can post this. No matter how many times I've seen this it just wipes me out. The greatest male vocalist ever. 

Thanks Paul 

Steve 

Said it before on this forum, but I'll say it again. Levi was the very best we've ever heard. Head and shoulders above the rest. Even beats Sam Cooke into second place. Marvin (a poor mans Sam Cooke) Gaye doesn't come close. James Brown? LOL. Otis? Do me a favour. That last clip of him kills me. Just tears me apart. The mans voice provided the soundtrack to my teenage years. I've never heard a voice to compare to his. 

Social source share

Guest Spain pete

OTIS CLAY.  Right up there 😉

10 minutes ago, Joey said:

Said it before on this forum, but I'll say it again. Levi was the very best we've ever heard. Head and shoulders above the rest. Even beats Sam Cooke into second place. Marvin (a poor mans Sam Cooke) Gaye doesn't come close. James Brown? LOL. Otis? Do me a favour. That last clip of him kills me. Just tears me apart. The mans voice provided the soundtrack to my teenage years. I've never heard a voice to compare to his. 

Social source share

Reffa was just great at singing soul & gospel ... she could even make a pop or rock song her own (NATURAL WOMAN for instance) but she could turn her hand (musically) to anything ..   Pavarotti got the cob on in New York in 1998, so a stand-in took his place and killed his song ... 

... she really stepped out of the box & this can make me tear up ...

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

22 hours ago, Gibby Gibby said:

It's a week since the loss of My favourite female soul singer and I'm still crying listening to Gotta find me a ANGEL., I still get moved when I hear Walter Jackson's version, as well. 

Spent a week in Detroit last year crying at awesome legends.

I had to decide in my life what was more important to me and what made my heart skip a beat, jump, speed up and miss a beat , it's SOUL.

Over the last 10 years I've been on a remarkable journey of emotions, before this things just got bottled up.

Were all so blessed to have experienced music of such fine outstanding quality, it will continue and so will the Emotion Of Soul.

That's me most of you know me, thanks for reading.

Gibby

Bang on gibby👍 if you dont shed a tear now and again when listening to soul then you cant be into soul music,I well up shitloads m8 yesterday in fact,big maybelle oh lord what are you doing to me 😢😢😢😢. Atb baz n shelly

Social source share

Guest woolie mark
On 23/08/2018 at 17:41, soul shrews said:

Rick, Steve time to wipe those tears away again

I know I had to

Cheers Paul

Beautiful....our royalty....I’m choked!

Thanks Paul

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now