New Sounds LP Help please

I have been "arguing " on Discogs that this band is "The New Sound" and NOT "The New Sounds" which I and others believe is the "title" of the LP

The forum has slated me saying that as other releases (them there CD thingies) say "The New Sounds" 

The forum submitters say that my theory is not enough and that I need a "Source" to confirm

Robert Tanner is not well at the moment and I don't wish to bother him (as we hopefully all will let him hopefully get better please)

Most of the members have sadly passed and I have had had confirmation from a good source (but that will NOT suffice)

Thought I would go to the right place for a discussion

New Sounds front.jpg

New Sounds.jpg

New Sounds B.jpg

Jap Front.jpg

Jap Inner Back.jpg

Jap A.jpg

Jap Inner A.jpg

Jap Inner B.jpg

Social source share

I’ve just posted a comment on the discogs release page regarding this.

The sleave notes clearly state :- members of New Sound (singular) are etc etc

I doubt you will get them to change it though.

Funny bunch on discogs, I once had a long running disagreement with some Swedish Goth collector over the originality of NS record ( can’t remember which one)he was demandingto know how I knew it was a bootleg.

when I got fed up with him and replied “because it has Simon Sussans fingerprints on it” he got very shitty and threatened to ban me from the site.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, local said:

I’ve just posted a comment on the discogs release page regarding this.

The sleave notes clearly state :- members of New Sound (singular) are etc etc

I doubt you will get them to change it though.

Funny bunch on discogs, I once had a long running disagreement with some Swedish Goth collector over the originality of NS record ( can’t remember which one)he was demandingto know how I knew it was a bootleg.

when I got fed up with him and replied “because it has Simon Sussans fingerprints on it” he got very shitty and threatened to ban me from the site.

Thanks John

Well we know what Clint Eastwood said :)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

The band are called The New Sound....I always assumed the title of the album was "The New Sounds" and was a play on the bands name and the music contained within.

Surely the amount of times the name The New Sound is printed gives the game away or can't they see the wood from the trees?

Dave.

Social source share

Am I dreaming or did I read somewhere in the past that a band member (maybe Robert Tanner) said that the name in debate was made up by someone else as a name to release the album under and they had no say in it and never sanctioned the release, and never got paid a penny - it wasn’t the actual name of the band or they didn’t even have one at the time? That it was a bunch of guys recording someones songs (RT?) and they never actually played as a group, and somehow Sylvia Robinson heard the tapes and they got released. I might not have his quite right but it really rings a bell somewhere...

cheers Sutty

Edited by Sutty
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, Sutty said:

Am I dreaming or did I read somewhere in the past that a band member (maybe Robert Tanner) said that the name in debate was made up by someone else as a name to release the album under and they had no say in it and never sanctioned the release, and never got paid a penny - it wasn’t the actual name of the band or they didn’t even have one at the time? That it was a bunch of guys recording someones songs (RT?) and they never actually played as a group, and somehow Sylvia Robinson heard the tapes and they got released. I might not have his quite right but it really rings a bell somewhere...

cheers Sutty

Hi Sutty

I have definitely had dreams like that :)

As Robert (as mentioned before) is under the weather at the moment I cannot ask him to verify

The group was actually the Jivers, but they recorded the album and singles under the name of the New Sound. They were still singing locally in Lynchburg, Virginia as The Jivers when The LP and singles were released

This will help me thinks

https://djmadlad.com/the_bands_TG07.php

I will contact Mad Lad and ask him, if you wish

This man is some guy if you read this

https://djmadlad.com/wkkd.php

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!