the embankment, wellingborough, friday 8th dec

hi all, another excellent night at this well established venue, one thing thou whats happened to the

partition between the bar and the dancefloor? anyway many thanks to lenny for letting me spin a few

tunes, and here just for "soulfulbob" or the "old soul git", critic, top dancer blush.gif bloody nice bloke, heres my

playlist and many thanks for the nice comments thumbsup.gif

9 - 9.30pm

sensations - its good enough for me - junior wdj

anna king - the big change - ludix

luke williams - whos gonna be first - columbia wdj

martha star - no part time love for me - thelma wdj

edwin starr - youre my mellow - rictic

jimmy ruffin - dont feel sorry for me - miracle1

gary brown & the chants - spoiled child - brownie dj

mighty joe young - ladies man - celtex

montclairs - come on and hold me - ui records

gladys tyler - a little bitty girl - decca pdj

billy keen - i finally got wise - galaxy promo

mark loyd - when evening falls - parlophone

chapter five - you cant mean it - cbs

10.45 - 11.30pm

bobby star - together - ua wdj

george wydell - im gonna cut you loose - tangerine wdj

gloria parker - the best thing for you baby - samar dj

southbound freeway - revelations - swan ( tony galla - in love )

constellations - i didnt know how to - gemini wdj

chaumonts - now yourve gone - bay sound

roscoe & friends - broadway sissy - tec

cindy gibson - ill always love you - general

chalfontes - he loves me - mercury

misty moore - little things - pzazz

patti austin - ive given all my love - coral ydj

chantels - indian giver - verve dj

pat & the blenders - just because - fast eddie

tears - good luck my love - smash

spiedels - dream girl - providence wdj

lavern baker - im the one to do it - brunswick ydj

george freeman - down and out - valiant

pat thomas - long long night - verve dj

many thanks and keep the good work up lenny

russ

THE LEL SOUL CLUB, ST,IVES. ALLNIGHTER 28TH DEC 9 - 6AM see events

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi all, another excellent night at this well established venue, one thing thou whats happened to the

partition between the bar and the dancefloor? anyway many thanks to lenny for letting me spin a few

tunes, and here just for "soulfulbob" or the "old soul git", critic, top dancer blush.gif bloody nice bloke, heres my

playlist and many thanks for the nice comments thumbsup.gif

9 - 9.30pm

sensations - its good enough for me - junior wdj

anna king - the big change - ludix

luke williams - whos gonna be first - columbia wdj

martha star - no part time love for me - thelma wdj

edwin starr - youre my mellow - rictic

jimmy ruffin - dont feel sorry for me - miracle1

gary brown & the chants - spoiled child - brownie dj

mighty joe young - ladies man - celtex

montclairs - come on and hold me - ui records

gladys tyler - a little bitty girl - decca pdj

billy keen - i finally got wise - galaxy promo

mark loyd - when evening falls - parlophone

chapter five - you cant mean it - cbs

10.45 - 11.30pm

bobby star - together - ua wdj

george wydell - im gonna cut you loose - tangerine wdj

gloria parker - the best thing for you baby - samar dj

southbound freeway - revelations - swan ( tony galla - in love )

constellations - i didnt know how to - gemini wdj

chaumonts - now yourve gone - bay sound

roscoe & friends - broadway sissy - tec

cindy gibson - ill always love you - general

chalfontes - he loves me - mercury

misty moore - little things - pzazz

patti austin - ive given all my love - coral ydj

chantels - indian giver - verve dj

pat & the blenders - just because - fast eddie

tears - good luck my love - smash

spiedels - dream girl - providence wdj

lavern baker - im the one to do it - brunswick ydj

george freeman - down and out - valiant

pat thomas - long long night - verve dj

many thanks and keep the good work up lenny

russ

THE LEL SOUL CLUB, ST,IVES. ALLNIGHTER 28TH DEC 9 - 6AM see events

nice tunes played all night, big up to nicola played some great records this girl has good taste. CLIFF as ever luverly stuff

Edited by Baz

Myself and Karen poped in for about half an hour, Len was playing some 'nice' midtempo sounds and Nicola kicked off with a fav of mine Accross 110th street left shortly after thumbsup.gif

Come on Nic get your playlist up shades.gif

Edited by Baz

TO.LEN...HOPE ALL WENT WELL LAST NIGHT , SORRY DIDNT MAKE IT MATE , BUT AS I SAID I WAS DOUBLE BOOKED LAST NIGHT AND HAD TO WORK LATER THAN EXPECTED...ANY WAY BEST WISHES TO YOU...SEE YOU SOON!...JEM

Edited by Baz

partition between the bar and the dancefloor?

Its not been there for about a year now, used to set the atmosphere off IMO

So Russ what other tunes/djs made you get up and dance?

Good crowd in?

what was the atmosphere like?

Sounds like 101 questions but trying to get a bit more indepth postings for lookbacks :thumbsup:

Its not been there for about a year now, used to set the atmosphere off IMO

So Russ what other tunes/djs made you get up and dance?

Good crowd in?

what was the atmosphere like?

Sounds like 101 questions but trying to get a bit more indepth postings for lookbacks :thumbsup:

hi baz,theres some questions... well i think firstly that the djs on the night were all

totally different meaning what was being played, i stuck to my normal format 60s, whilst

nicola n cliffe went more towards the 70s/80s, crossover, and a sprinkle of 60s imo. what was

nice was that there was no "duplications of records", showing as above the difference of styles

djs actually taking note of what was being played and above all actually being inventive.

not forgetting our host lenny who played a across the board which i thoroughly enjoyed.

regards the attendance, i suppose the numbers were down but as already said not having

that partition made the room much bigger and i feel effects the overall atmosphere were

as before it broke the room up, and brought the dance floor in, if you get my drift.

the dance floor was busy, people dancing to most of what was being played :wicked:

so above all i think most people went home happy, i certainly did :shades:

happy soulin

russ

ps, baz what was your last post referring to?

hi baz,theres some questions... well i think firstly that the djs on the night were all

totally different meaning what was being played, i stuck to my normal format 60s, whilst

nicola n cliffe went more towards the 70s/80s, crossover, and a sprinkle of 60s imo. what was

nice was that there was no "duplications of records", showing as above the difference of styles

djs actually taking note of what was being played and above all actually being inventive.

not forgetting our host lenny who played a across the board which i thoroughly enjoyed.

regards the attendance, i suppose the numbers were down but as already said not having

that partition made the room much bigger and i feel effects the overall atmosphere were

as before it broke the room up, and brought the dance floor in, if you get my drift.

the dance floor was busy, people dancing to most of what was being played :thumbsup:

so above all i think most people went home happy, i certainly did :lol:

happy soulin

russ

ps, baz what was your last post referring to?

Thanks Russ :wicked:

Not herd Nic spin for ages, would have like to have been there but duty calls, so it was only a flying vist, music's always good at the embankment has to be one of the most enjoyable spots (for me personly) i've done, think that partition does play a big part.

And more power to Lens elbo he always gets in top spinners from all over the UK as well as more local DJ's which gives it a nice balance for a soul night.

R.E last post just a few words exchanged between a few people, hopfully moved on from that now :shades:

P.S drummed up a few more people for the nighter last night

Edited by Baz

Thanks Russ :thumbsup:

Not herd Nic spin for ages, would have like to have been there but duty calls, so it was only a flying vist, music's always good at the embankment has to be one of the most enjoyable spots (for me personly) i've done, think that partition does play a big part.

And more power to Lens elbo he always gets in top spinners from all over the UK as well as more local DJ's which gives it a nice balance for a soul night.

R.E last post just a few words exchanged between a few people, hopfully moved on from that now :wicked:

P.S drummed up a few more people for the nighter last night

nice one baz re allnighter really looking forward to the 28th, as you on a personal

note my second set i got a real buzz about, seeing the dancefloor busy, and the comments

i got, makes you feel like youve achieved something :shades:

russ

nice tunes played all night, big up to nicola played some great records this girl has good taste. CLIFF as ever luverly stuff

why has the rest of my post been taken of . seems some people can say what they like and swear their heads of ,but l cant ask a question. whys that baz

Hi Terry, i did leave it on Jem replyed and I asked all to leave it out on the thread, but got a few more replys so felt only way was to get rid including a bit of your post, would rather lookbacks a place to get a lowdown of the night rather than hefty 'debate' and general bickering

Edited by Baz

Enjoyed it , always do :thumbsup:

A nice mix of good sounds, the record that got the most dancing , Pat & The Blenders, over played?

Must be on a few top tens.

Talc free night, no dusty trouser bottoms for a change.

Must of missed you at the end Russ, if i dont see you before have a good christmas and i will see you on the 28th .

keele this coming weekend , never ending all this promoting lark wicked.gif

Enjoyed it , always do :thumbsup:

A nice mix of good sounds, the record that got the most dancing , Pat & The Blenders, over played?

Must be on a few top tens.

Talc free night, no dusty trouser bottoms for a change.

Must of missed you at the end Russ, if i dont see you before have a good christmas and i will see you on the 28th .

keele this coming weekend , never ending all this promoting lark wicked.gif

[/quote strange you should say that regards pat & the blenders, havnt played it for a while, and i will

be honest i wasnt going to play it,but your right did get the most dancefloor action, just shows that its not a

"played out oldie" merry xmas mate if i dont get to see you thumbsup.gif

russ

Having missed the previous Embankment, I for one really enjoyed it on Friday. Yeah, never realized how big that room was without the partition, when viewed from the bar. Could have done with a few more people, but what is it they say about quality, not quantity. :boxing::thumbsup: Hey Russ, brilliant to hear Indian giver/Chantels..never heard that played out anywhere before. :D But as said in previous posts, music was quality all night so well done all!

Having missed the previous Embankment, I for one really enjoyed it on Friday. Yeah, never realized how big that room was without the partition, when viewed from the bar. Could have done with a few more people, but what is it they say about quality, not quantity. :Dwhistling.gif Hey Russ, brilliant to hear Indian giver/Chantels..never heard that played out anywhere before. thumbsup.gif But as said in previous posts, music was quality all night so well done all!
hi mark, yes your right without that partition the room looks massive, regards the chantels "indian

giver" which we did talk about on the night i thought sounded bloody awesome :D top tune thanks mr rains.

im glad you enjoyed the night i certainly did, hey are you coming to our allnighter on the 28th dec?

happy soulin

russ

ps. mark if you want to go and see a proper football team give me a bell!! :D cobblers hey!!

hi mark, yes your right without that partition the room looks massive, regards the chantels "indian

giver" which we did talk about on the night i thought sounded bloody awesome :thumbsup: top tune thanks mr rains.

im glad you enjoyed the night i certainly did, hey are you coming to our allnighter on the 28th dec?

happy soulin

russ

ps. mark if you want to go and see a proper football team give me a bell!! laugh.gif cobblers hey!!

Well, I was going to go until your comment about your so called football team. It'll end in tears, mark my words. :lol: Can't do LEL as I've got so much work to do over Christmas, I've really got to pick and choose my do's, esp niters and i can only really do new year's eve. Hope it goes well for ya though as the music at the LEL is quality.