News: RIP Don Gardner

Once again we hear of another Wonderful Human Being Leaving us, I'm Gutted like so many people will be as the news filters through,

RIP Mr Gardner And Condolences to all you Friends and Family. Needless to say it Will be getting A Spin at Our Next Soul Session

As a Tribute To The Great Man 

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

A very sad loss indeed.

RIP Mr Don Gardner,big respect to the Gentleman of Soul.

Deep sympathy to his Family.

Your spirit and music will live on forever.

Play out to the dancers on a regular basis :

Don Gardner - Tighten Up Your Love Bone  (Cedric)

Ron.

Edited by Mustang
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

He's known (in part) for his rare 45's on Chicago labels ... BUT he had no connection to Chicago at all (apart from being road manager for Chicago's Curtis Mayfield in the 70's).  Seems his contacts sent copies of new tracks he'd cut to DJ's from the Windy City ... Don didn't get any bites back in NJ / NY for their release ... so (unbeknown to him), some of his stuff was put out without his knowledge on Chicago labels ... It's a funny old world.

I asked him if he had anything to do with the Mr. G label (it put out one of his 45's ) ... GARDNER ... MR. G ... he seemed really surprised by my question and his answer was NO .. he didn't even have the slightest idea who owned / ran Mr .G ..

ME, I'd still like to get a copy of his Swedish cut & released 45 & LP ... they date back to when he was based in that country for a number of months (64).

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!