Hesitations on Soul Series

Guest Roccia

Everybody's saying it's a legit reissue :lol: , and there's no way I carry around an LP :lol: , but this tune really takes my heart, has anyone a copy for sale, please...?

Roccia

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 19
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Everybody's saying it's a legit reissue :lol: , and there's no way I carry around an LP :lol: , but this tune really takes my heart, has anyone a copy for sale, please...?

Roccia

Hello Roccia,

I bought a copy on ebay about 12months ago, and up untill then I didn't know it existed. Even my mate who has been collecting for 30 years didn't know about it. I was then told that it wasn't worth anything[£10 tops] when I put it in my sales box. So I sold it a mate for £10. I've still never seen another one. Maybe it's one of those that people don't want to let go. I do have the Soul Superman album if anyones interested. Mint condition £125 not a bad track on it.

Best Phil.

Social source share

Everybody's saying it's a legit reissue :thumbsup: , and there's no way I carry around an LP shhh.gif , but this tune really takes my heart, has anyone a copy for sale, please...?

Roccia

Hi

This was also released on an original euro EP, I can't remember if it was French or Dutch one I had

Sold it a few years ago as the sound quality is a bit on the low side

regards

paul

Social source share

Roccia, you really must let your no LP's rule go matey. :-)

I've just this morning received a pristine, 1968, US duke copy of Bobby Bland 'A Touch Of The Blues'. Sweet Lips Of Joy is simply a fantastic track.

You know it makes sense...

Macca.

Macca, I'm not fighting a war against long playing records... They're very uncomfortable to carry around when I go djaing...

There's something about aesthetic as well: the sight of a 7" spinning on the wheel of steel, is unbeatable...!

Anyway I own many LPs, but i prefer 45s...

Roccia

Edited by Roccia
Social source share

Roccia, you really must let your no LP's rule go matey. :-)

I've just this morning received a pristine, 1968, US duke copy of Bobby Bland 'A Touch Of The Blues'. Sweet Lips Of Joy is simply a fantastic track.

You know it makes sense...

Macca.

Great LP! My stereo copy has a different take of "Shoes" - does yours differ to the single cut?

Social source share

Buy the fantastic original 'soul superman' lp,if you really dont want to dj with it,get vinyl carvers to cut the 'thats the way love is' rather than trying to track down a reissue/boot label :thumbsup: If you dont want to buy the lp i can record it onto cd for you roccia no probs then vinyl carvers do the rest thumbsup.gif nick

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Buy the fantastic original 'soul superman' lp,if you really dont want to dj with it,get vinyl carvers to cut the 'thats the way love is' rather than trying to track down a reissue/boot label :thumbsup: If you dont want to buy the lp i can record it onto cd for you roccia no probs then vinyl carvers do the rest thumbsup.gif nick

Isn't a re-issue better to have than a vinyl carver, at least it's official?

At least i'm guessing it's official, i used to have a copy of this on the Golmine soul series i believe, used to be a tenner when it first came out, wasn't the flip great also if i remember?

Simon

Social source share

I just meant i would rather own the original usa kapp lp,rather than an official british soul series 45.

How can it be better to own the reissue rather than getting your original lp track cut?? I personally would just play the lp with the gain up,save all the hassle with the original v official debate,but v.carvers gives the owner of the original lp the choice.

Thats the way love is a great track,hope you find a copy whatever format its on roccia,pm me if you need it on cd :thumbsup: nick

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

I just meant i.m.o would be better to own the original lp,rather than a soul series 45.

Sorry Nick, wasn't trying to be pedantic, just trying to ascertain if the reissue was cosher.

I agree with you though, get the album, tis great!

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Well, I've seen a couple of top class guys plays the Soul Series 45 (Neil Jones and Steve Csordas), and in an old thread we've already discuss this (remember Simon?). Everybody said me that is a legal re-issue, so its absolutely "kosher" (perfect word to mean this, thanks to the Jews), play this in public.

On the other side, in my book its ok playing a vinyl carver/acetate cutted from my own LP...

Social source share

Well, I've seen a couple of top class guys plays the Soul Series 45 (Neil Jones and Steve Csordas), and in an old thread we've already discuss this (remember Simon?). Everybody said me that is a legal re-issue, so its absolutely "kosher" (perfect word to mean this, thanks to the Jews), play this in public.

On the other side, in my book its ok playing a vinyl carver/acetate cutted from my own LP...

Yeah, i remember the discussion now Roccia, give it a spin tis a top tune imo, infact i actually prefer it to Eddie Parker!

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Roccia,

I'll play my Soul Series copy for you when you come down to Bournemouth to dj for us in Feb.Love to have the LP but car just come back from garage so no records this week. :thumbsup:beer.gif

Dave.

Dave I can understand what you mean...

For my 100 Club appearance on November, I fed a bit my record box (Ronnie Forte, Carol & Gerri, Tony Clarke "The Wrong Man", and Tony Middleton "Paris Blues"), but then no records till after Christmas...

Roccia

Social source share

Hello Roccia,

I bought a copy on ebay about 12months ago, and up untill then I didn't know it existed. Even my mate who has been collecting for 30 years didn't know about it. I was then told that it wasn't worth anything[£10 tops] when I put it in my sales box. So I sold it a mate for £10. I've still never seen another one. Maybe it's one of those that people don't want to let go. I do have the Soul Superman album if anyones interested. Mint condition £125 not a bad track on it.

Best Phil.

That's amazing that you never saw it...I must have had 30 copies of this, and the Del Larks, Sapphires, and what was that other one, Goldwax recording...used to buy them wholesale. Nice little series on great Stateside lookalikes. Then again, had 20 or so copies of Love Starved Heart and look at that now.

Social source share

That's amazing that you never saw it...I must have had 30 copies of this, and the Del Larks, Sapphires, and what was that other one, Goldwax recording...used to buy them wholesale. Nice little series on great Stateside lookalikes. Then again, had 20 or so copies of Love Starved Heart and look at that now.

Pete, if you find another Hesitations copy, please keep it for me...

Social source share

I WILL SELL YOU MY COPY ON SOUL SERIES FOR£10 KTF RICTIC

Brilliant!

International Money Order is ok? Let me know your address (even through a PM)...

TIA

Roccia

Social source share