Otis lee

14 hours ago, Carole Buckley said:

Hi  all can anyone tell me the going price for original Otis lee hard row to how. 

One of my favourites!

John Manships Guide has it listed at £750, the last one I saw for sale on line was back in 2013 and that fetched just shy of $2000

popsyke is a great web site for tracking record sales & prices including all ebay transactions.

Cheers

Graham

Social source share

6 hours ago, tomangoes said:

What is the original label and colour?

Infectious tune!

This is hilarious:

Ed

I don't know exactly what colour you would describe it as. Some googled scans are paler, some nearly orange. This is the only 'promo' I've seen.

OTIS LEE_2.jpg

Edited by simon t
grammar
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Here's 3 recent sales - "perfect" condition - $752 USD - January, 2018

- "near mint"             - $1100 USD- January, 2017

- "mint-                    - $1200 USD - May, 2013

Social source share

9 hours ago, pumpkinseed said:

That's my copy , had it since the eighties.....

Around the time I first heard you / and Gary Spencer play it (Which influenced me to get one)

I know a few people who have this (4 DJs in 'The Kenwood Suite' alone for a start) ((Bob H, Simon I, Matt S, and myself)) Fetches big bucks now because (as mentioned) it's a 'keeper', so not for sale that often.

'Keepers' are more frustrating than 'Rareers' :huh: as you know there are copies about, 'squirreled' away in various collections...

Len :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, geeselad said:

hate to be negative but so tired of hearing this tune, its played at 'upfront nights' a lot. Its not really that upfront imho, rather hammered!

Have to agree - It used to be a 'must play'.

That said, lots who didn't hear it years ago will be enjoying it just the same :wink:

All the best,

P.s - What ever happened to 'Vanguards - Good Times Bad Times'? Now that got absolutely hammered (Never to be heard again!) :huh:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

23 hours ago, LEN said:

Have to agree - It used to be a 'must play'.

That said, lots who didn't hear it years ago will be enjoying it just the same :wink:

All the best,

P.s - What ever happened to 'Vanguards - Good Times Bad Times'? Now that got absolutely hammered (Never to be heard again!) :huh:

There a few of them from 10 /15 years back, trends, intersection, vanguards is deffo on the list 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, geeselad said:

I love it, but it doesn't have that hard edge thats in vougue at the moment. Otis does, i sposse hrnce its enduring appeal. 

The Vanguards is a full blooded soul toon but Otis is deffo hardcore norvun, so I know what you mean!

A bit like elbee Parker? 

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!