What's going on?

Guest mrs norman maine

Guest mrs norman maine

My car radio's tuned to a hip-hop station 105.1FM, which I occasionally listen to when I'm bored of my tapes. Just to keep down wit' the kids, you get me.... :lol:

Got in my car today, started it up & on comes "Dynamite Exploded". I thought I was going insane for a moment, as there wasn't a tape in. I couldn't believe it was on the radio, but it was. Cue goosebumps all down my arms and 3 minutes of me driving with a face like this :lol:

The rest of the show continued with hip-hop & funk.

Can anyone shed some light on this surreal event?

What with this and the Anne Sexton experience in Matalan earlier this year, my autonomic nervous system's going to be shot to pieces soon.

Edited by mrs norman maine
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My car radio's tuned to a hip-hop station 105.1FM, which I occasionally listen to when I'm bored of my tapes. Just to keep down wit' the kids, you get me.... :lol:

Got in my car today, started it up & on comes "Dynamite Exploded". I thought I was going insane for a moment, as there wasn't a tape in. I couldn't believe it was on the radio, but it was. Cue goosebumps all down my arms and 3 minutes of me driving with a face like this :lol:

The rest of the show continued with hip-hop & funk.

What with this and the Anne Sexton experience in Matalan earlier this year, my autonomic nervous system's going to be shot to pieces soon.

Now that is bizarre! :lol:

Social source share

Apart from the German "Bear Family" Philly CD in circulation it was also 'Repro-ed' recently on an Arctic 45... mainly for the Funk scene where the other side "Love Addict" is a Big indemander.

I guess most 'Funk' DJ's will have a copy of this £5 Repro (if not the orig) and the guy on the Radio just decided to play the flip!

Fair play to him.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Apart from the German "Bear Family" Philly CD in circulation it was also 'Repro-ed' recently on an Arctic 45... mainly for the Funk scene where the other side "Love Addict" is a Big indemander.

I guess most 'Funk' DJ's will have a copy of this £5 Repro (if not the orig) and the guy on the Radio just decided to play the flip!

Fair play to him.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Argh! that explains how it's just appeared on the Soul Club on line juke box. Yet another rarity gets the bootleg/re-issue treatment. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Well, that's cleared things up, I thought I was losing it!

Cheers my dear :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest claude rains

I once heard Englebert Humpledink version of "To the ends of the earth" on radio 2, while I was working at someones house in late 80's. Was so startled when the dj announced this, that I banged my head inside the heating boiler.

The feeling of slight concusion seem to gel very well with the numbing sensation I felt as he sang. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I heard that as well, of course I was only watching because the wife had it on. :rolleyes:

Fibber, you were probably waiting to see Vanessa Hehir in her cricketing gear, just like I was tongue.gif

TONE

...and didn't she look top notch BTW....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!