Walls Of Heartache Xmas Party FRI Dec 22nd

Guest andys165

Guest andys165

Walls of Heartache, Walthamstow, London E17 opens its doors once again on FRIDAY (not Saturday) Decemeber 22nd for a special Xmas party night.

Featuring a mix of DJs who've helped us at WOH throughout the year (Richard Brown, Mark Ellis, Tim the Mod, Gary Crossing and more tbc), this is a friendly night featuring our usual mix of soul/northern classics, 60s r'n'b, mod and club soul.

We'll also have the big screens showing classic footage from the 60s and maybe a couple of films too. Free mince pies, crackers and anything else we can rustle up.

Best of all - it's free for members!! Everyone else, just £5 on the door.

As ever, we're at The Cavern, 524 Forest Road, Walthamstow, LONDON E17 from 9pm til around 2am. We will shut the doors before 11pm to stop the office Xmas party crowd from getting in so come early OK?

This is a FRIDAY night 'do' as a one off so get it in your diary. We'll be celebrating our second anniversary in January on Saturday 27th!!

See you all on the 22nd we hope.

Andy & Dave

• Replies 15
  • Views 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest andys165

Think we're up to 8 DJs for ther Xmas party now so that means our best mix of classics and 60s rnb and mod and latin and club soul and rare stuff of the year. I can't wait.

The Cavern's up for sale as well, so we need to get all our members together and buy the place OK? We will be keeping the monthly S&M night so don't worry.

See you on FRIDAY (Not Saturday) Dec 22nd!

Andy

Looks like i'll still be in london on the 22nd before we're off on our hols so will be able to make the xmas party. Err.... what's the club rules on mistletoe?

warren boogaloo

Still currently drafting and re-drafting that section of the rule book Warren, but I guess, (I'll have to get this ratified by the comitee in camera), you bring some down and one of us will volunteer to kiss you under it.

Be good to see you at our place Warren, especially fresh on the heels of another excellent Boogaloo.

Cheers,

Dave

ps proposed amendments to the rules have to be submitted in writing for full consideration of the commitee

Guest andys165

Hoping to re-introduce our annual Xmas, flashing headphones for the party - if I can get down to the pound shop before next Saturday.

It might be nice if all DJs could try and include a 'festive' record in their set. Of the soul variety, preferably chaps and chapesses.

Ho ho ho etc.

Andy

Guest andys165

If you can't make the Xmas party next Friday 22nd - we'll be celebrating our 2nd anniversary (crikey!) on Jan 27th.

Who'd have thought eh?

Anyway, see you next Friday everyone.

Andy

Xmas soul records mmm, worth a thread on it's own!

can we play CD's?

If you want that on your concience Tim.....

Personally the Invitations 'Skiing in the Snow' is the closest I am going to get!

Dave

Have a ball you lot...can't make it this time ....merry christmas

Cheers Martin - looking forward to seeing some good friends on Friday - hopefully bump into you somewhere over Christmas,

Dave

Guest andys165

Tim

I reckon if you waited til our '3 tunes each' rotation policy after 1pm, nobody would notice if you played a cracking Xmas track on CD. We'll be too far gone by then. But I didn't tell you that - obviously..

Anyway, I've got my original 7 inch release version of Wham's 'Last Christmas' on CBS red label so what do I care? Then there's Freiheit, Jona Lewie... can't wait!

Andy

Edited by andys165
Guest andys165

Quick thanks to everyone who came along last night - great fun and a great crowd. Mince pies were a bit hot though.

See you in Jan for our 2nd anniversary.

Merry Xmas

Andy