mike

how many of our members are based in the ....

Had a look and it's brought to light a glitch. Checking for members, etc, in the Netherlands, I spotted the marker for our 6th October Northern Soul Amsterdam event is positioned miles away in a different part of the country. Screen grab below. Clicking through to the event page, the map there also shows the wrong part of the country.

978631143_AAmsterdam.thumb.jpeg.096ca3390216a55c7bceab43bd6f0a6d.jpeg

However, if you click on "View larger maps" when on the event page, this takes you to Google Maps where the correct location is shown. The address details for the event are correct.

Thought you'd want to know.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Had a look and it's brought to light a glitch. Checking for members, etc, in the Netherlands, I spotted the marker for our 6th October Northern Soul Amsterdam event is positioned miles away in a different part of the country. Screen grab below. Clicking through to the event page, the map there also shows the wrong part of the country.

However, if you click on "View larger maps" when on the event page, this takes you to Google Maps where the correct location is shown. The address details for the event are correct.

all locations are from various map services based on address entered

changed  nord-nederlands to nederlands and seemed to work now? 

I live a few months each and every year in 5 different countries (The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Canada, and USA).  But the map only allows one location per person.  So, sadly, I can't join our map.  😩

15 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

978631143_AAmsterdam.thumb.jpeg.096ca3390216a55c7bceab43bd6f0a6d.jpeg

The north end of Heerhugowaard, eh?  I lived for 9 years a 4 minute bicycle ride from there.

The best thing about the Netherlands is that it's easy to get Belgium beer.......Duvel's even on tap!

Oh and that the residents are very friendly, fun, and zany. My favourite places..Brielle and Hellevoetsluis.

I love going over on the ferry from Hull.

Still got to get to that Amsterdam soul night though....hopefully 2019.

Ed

23 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Lots of countryside and lots of water all around. Must have been very quiet there.

A village of 300 people with only houses, an elementary school, and a closed down pub (not enough patronage). Basically a town of old, retired people and younger professionals who work in A'dam.  It had a large vegetable farm with cows, a sheep farm, several canals filled with ducks (that woke me up each morning).  Lots of bridges and small roads for cycling. I loved the quiet.  Not even one shop.  But I didn't mind riding my bike to Heerhugowaard.  I liked it a lot better than where I lived in Den Haag for many years (Archipelbuurt), even though the latter house was in quite a nice location, on the second-to-last street from The Scheveningse Bosjes between Den Haag and Scheveninge (near Madurodam).

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.