Bury Town Hall - This Friday

Bazm

Just listening to Mr B in the Soul Shack and heard him mention this............

The 'Big One' for the coming weekend, the Bury Christmas Special.

Good to see Terry Davies making a welcome return to Bury and that Modern Room is gonna be a MONSTER!

Friday December 15th 2006

Bury Town Hall, The Elizabethan Suite. 2room soul nite.

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Northern & Modern Soul

8pm til 2am (Late Bar). £5 members/£6 non members.

Dj's include:

Northern: Terry Davies, Roman, Mick Howard, Carole McCarthy & Neil Jones

Modern: Mike Stephens, Baz Maleady, Sean Livesey, Mark Grice, Bob Hinsley & guests.

For info: Neil: 0161 766 9086 Jayne: 0161 724 1615 or northmanchestersc@hotmail.com https://www.geocities.com/northmanchestersoulclub

• Replies 65
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest stash313

Well its that time of the month again. I for one can't wait, but its hard to believe its been a year since last years Christmas antics. Hopefully Friday will be another good night, but as I'm sure Jayne & Neil agree it wouldn't be possible without your support so a big thankyou to everyone for their great support through 2006.

Edited by stash313

Well its that time of the month again. I for one can't wait, but its hard to believe its been a year since last years Christmas antics. Hopefully Friday will be another good night, but as I'm sure Jayne & Neil agree it wouldn't be possible without your support so a big thankyou to everyone for their great support through 2006.
gooners wednesday,any predictions??you got the natalie williams 7" lined up for friday,sorry couldn't resist the footie connection,promise not to talk about the liverpool game :thumbsup:

Mick

Guest stash313

Yep got it lined up, pretty esential tuneage at the minute.

As for Wednesday yep we've got the gooners, hopefully with a little bit of a hangover after sunday. It was a good point for us up in the North East on saturday after what happened to Chris Kirkland at half time, also its good to know we put one of the final nails in Alan Pardew's coffin last week.

Yes don't mention the Liverpool game had enough reminders to live with me a lifetime.

What have you got lined up for friday night mate? :thumbsup:

Guest stash313

Personally its going to be a mix of a retrospective look at this year's big releases and a few little things I've got bubbling under for the modern room.

Mick have you got any of these ? Lyon-Midgit-Gems-small.jpg

:thumbsup:

Guest Paul Brennan

Personally its going to be a mix of a retrospective look at this year's big releases and a few little things I've got bubbling under for the modern room.

Mick have you got any of these ? Lyon-Midgit-Gems-small.jpg

:thumbsup:

sean you've got too much time on your hands.now three points for newcastle tomorrow,that would be sweet........I can dream can't I ,BTW you got any MINT demos? lol any clues on neil's monster spin?baz isn't telling,Mick on someone elses computer,still waiting for jayne to join in.........

sean you've got too much time on your hands.now three points for newcastle tomorrow,that would be sweet........I can dream can't I ,BTW you got any MINT demos? lol any clues on neil's monster spin?baz isn't telling,Mick on someone elses computer,still waiting for jayne to join in.........

I'm saying nothing!!... I can't possibly compete with the level of wit on this thread!.. :thumbsup:

Busy finalising running order too.

Jayne.x.

A little cluette...........70's Monster from Texas.....goona sound soo soo good in the big room! What you hiding up your sleeve then?

Mr Maleady,

Dont forget to bring that record that I want to hear!...really really want to hear!. LOL :thumbsup:

Jayne.x.

Guest stash313

I used to have too much time on my hands, now I don't have enough Paul biggrin.gif

Seems you were un-lucky as well mate, not happy at all we deserved a point if not all 3 tonight but thanks to that w*nker Styles we leave empty handed. :shades:

Guest stash313

I used to have too much time on my hands, now I don't have enough Paul biggrin.gif

Seems you were un-lucky as well mate, not happy at all we deserved a point if not all 3 tonight but thanks to that w*nker Styles we leave empty handed. :shades:

I used to have too much time on my hands, now I don't have enough Paul :P

pay attention at the back Mr Livsey,re-read the post,....... me using somebody elses computer.......... :lol: only me and you posting,Jayne musn't have any time at all on her hands :yes:

Mick

Wahaaay!!! I'm in!

Friday night will be a Xmas bash in every sense of the word and my own plans for the Northern room include a good dollop of classics to start the season in stomping fine style along with one or two newer acquisitions later in the evening perhaps!

The latest purchase won't be on these shores for a good week yet (bloody Paypal!) but there's plenty of others to go at, not least.... Chuck Bridges - Don't You Make Me Cry (Thanks to Baz Maleady for the tip there!) amongst others.

More details regarding the 100th Event All Niter to be held in February will also be to hand.

Mr & Mrs Mulholland are making the journey up too and Molly will be double decking with me for the last hour so a few treats are in store there too.

See everyone @ Bury this coming Friday night December 15th - you know it makes sense! :rolleyes:

pay attention at the back Mr Livsey,re-read the post,....... me using somebody elses computer.......... whistling.gif only me and you posting,Jayne musn't have any time at all on her hands :thumbsup:

Mick

Hi Guys,

I didn't!!. it's been one mad week!.. :rolleyes: & I'm off to watch Iron Maiden in a min...

Northern Room times for tomorrow night:

8 - 9pm Neil Jones,

9 - 10pm Carole McCarthy

10 - 11pm Mick Howard

11 - 12am Roman

12 - 1am Terry Davies

1 - 2am Neil Jones

Modern Room is looking like:

9 - 10pm Barry Maleady

10 - 11pm Mark Grice

11 - 12am Bob Hinsley

12 - 1am Mike Stephens

1 - 2am Sean Livesey

It feels like ages since the last one, I'm getting all nervous and excited.. :D

Jayne.x.

Pete French asked for a file of Ernie & Ed "Indication" from my playlist at recent Cardiff Niter in another thread. Its one I have only seen on a couple of occasions - Joe Boy release only (I believe) from 1972.

Release # Boy 58

Here goes nothing - let's see if this works!!!

Ernie_and_Ed_Indication.MP3

A great tune IMHO and one that may well see a spin during the last hour at Bury Tomorrow.

Neil :rolleyes:

Edited by burysoul
Guest Paul Brennan

Seems you were un-lucky as well mate, not happy at all we deserved a point if not all 3 tonight but thanks to that w*nker Styles we leave empty handed. :rolleyes:

Hi Sean

You really know how to hurt someone's feelings! sad.gif (Have you been taking lessons from someone?) wicked.gif I have done some low and shameful things in my life but I would never stoop so low as to support Trafford United (Red s***e) My blood is green - I am a Celtic Bhoy through and through. Took great delight in rubbing Mick's nose in it when we routed Man United at Paradise recently. :thumbsup:

Watched latics game and thought you definately deserved something from it. Don't know how you will take this but I used to also regularly follow Wigan Rugby League, so you may not wish to correspond!

A mate of mine will be at Bury most likely and I would be grateful if you woudl play him a request. He is from Heywood and his name is Ant Lee - he is a bit of a dinosaur so any stompa from Wigan circa 75/6 should do nicely. Please ensure he dances to the request as he looks in need of the excersise. :D

Hope you have a good un on the night and its a packer for yourself, Jayne and Neil.

All the best

Paul

Guest Paul Brennan

pay attention at the back Mr Livsey,re-read the post,....... me using somebody elses computer.......... :rolleyes: only me and you posting,Jayne musn't have any time at all on her hands rolleyes.gif

Mick

Told you that you hadn't made it clear, who was sending the message :thumbsup: Know you will fill the floor with some top tunes, who knows maybe even some last minute arrivals. All the best, have a good un,

Paul

Wahaaay!!! I'm in!

Friday night will be a Xmas bash in every sense of the word and my own plans for the Northern room include a good dollop of classics to start the season in stomping fine style along with one or two newer acquisitions later in the evening perhaps!

The latest purchase won't be on these shores for a good week yet (bloody Paypal!) but there's plenty of others to go at, not least.... Chuck Bridges - Don't You Make Me Cry (Thanks to Baz Maleady for the tip there!) amongst others.

More details regarding the 100th Event All Niter to be held in February will also be to hand.

Mr & Mrs Mulholland are making the journey up too and Molly will be double decking with me for the last hour so a few treats are in store there too.

See everyone @ Bury this coming Friday night December 15th - you know it makes sense! :rolleyes:

now then Mr Jones,got as far as seventies/texas/monster with baz,any more clues........

Mick - Baz is a bit of a monkey for telling you that much!! You shoulda sussed it straight away. I'm surprised you haven't. Do you use aluminium pans? laugh.gif

I'll say no more until it is safely in my hands mate - only cos I dont want to look an arse if something terrible should happen between Texas and Whitefield. In fact I don't even want to think about it being thrown around in a bloody plane!!

Suffice to say it's a tune that's right up your street and I'm sure you'll like it when it finally arrives.

Mick - Baz is a bit of a monkey for telling you that much!! You shoulda sussed it straight away. I'm surprised you haven't. Do you use aluminium pans? :thumbsup:

I'll say no more until it is safely in my hands mate - only cos I dont want to look an arse if something terrible should happen between Texas and Whitefield. In fact I don't even want to think about it being thrown around in a bloody plane!!

Suffice to say it's a tune that's right up your street and I'm sure you'll like it when it finally arrives.

ahhh got it now,The Teflons "stick by me baby"??no.....am I getting warm blush.gif

Mick

Well you're in Texas so yeah, I suppose you're warm mate but you aint getting another bloody thing outa me!! shhh.gif

And before you even think about it, I'm not drinking tomorrow night, so forget soft-soaping me when I'm in a heap!! :thumbsup:

PS: i ASKED ABOUT THE PANS COS APPARENTLY ALUMINIUM ONES CAN CAUSE ALZHEIMERS IF YOU USE EM TOO MUCH.

Edited by burysoul

Well you're in Texas so yeah, I suppose you're warm mate but you aint getting another bloody thing outa me!! :D

And before you even think about it, I'm not drinking tomorrow night, so forget soft-soaping me when I'm in a heap!! laugh.gif

PS: i ASKED ABOUT THE PANS COS APPARENTLY ALUMINIUM ONES CAN CAUSE ALZHEIMERS IF YOU USE EM TOO MUCH.

who said that :thumbsup: driving myself tomorrow,going to keele saturday

Mick thumbsup.gif

who said that :hypo: driving myself tomorrow,going to keele saturday

Mick :thumbsup:

Was planning Keele too but late change of plan so spending Sat / Sun in London. I'm sure its going to be a real good nite @ Keele too. Always great music but I particularly like Dave Weldings' sets whenever I hear him out.

Is Paul Harris coming tomorrow? Theres a few nice things in his sales but I'm skint so will be taking along my own in the hope of trades. No harm in askin' anyway!

Had quite a few calls from further afield during the week - looks like a fair few travellers making their way to Lancs tomorrow nite :thumbsup:

Was planning Keele too but late change of plan so spending Sat / Sun in London. I'm sure its going to be a real good nite @ Keele too. Always great music but I particularly like Dave Weldings' sets whenever I hear him out.

Is Paul Harris coming tomorrow? Theres a few nice things in his sales but I'm skint so will be taking along my own in the hope of trades. No harm in askin' anyway!

Had quite a few calls from further afield during the week - looks like a fair few travellers making their way to Lancs tomorrow nite :thumbsup:

yeah agree with you dave always does a good spot,regards paul harris,don't think he's coming this month,he's meant to be coming with us saturday night,can give you his contact details if there's anything you're chasing,see you tomorrow,now.....where was I texas............hmmmmm :thumbsup:

Mick

Sod it! I'm so busy posting on here I just nearly incinerated me tea!!

I'll no doubt see Paul @ next Middleton on 29th if not before. If I had a pocket full of cash I'd call him but I ain't. So I Wont!! :search:

Its Dave Caffereys 50th tomorrow BTW and I hear he and the gang from the posh side of Manchester are coming over to celebrate. He doesn't look 50 does he? I had him down as 60 easily!!! :thumbsup:

Neil

(Sorry Dave - buy you a birthday pint tomorrow)

Guest stash313

[quote name='burysoul' date='Dec 14 2006, 07:46 PM' post='396550'

And before you even think about it, I'm not drinking tomorrow night, so forget soft-soaping me when I'm in a heap!! :hypo:

Neil :thumbsup:

Steady on Big Dinner!!!

Are you referring to me? To my play box? Or to that daft lot of buggers you go and watch every Saturday! :thumbsup:

At least Jewel didnt do a Wenger after the late goal!!

BTW - Hve you seen the Jerry Washington re-issue 12" out and about? Picked one up last week for a tenner - it'll do for at home til I can find (and afford) a real one on Glades.

Guest stash313

Big Dinner? Your charming qualities are still in-tact I see old man...

Both probably you and your playbox and your vow to not drink, I'm sure I'll end up driving you home ala every other month! ;-)

Considering you got us mixed up with West Brom last month I don't think your thoughts on football are much for me to worry about. LOL

Edited by stash313
Guest stash313

pay attention at the back Mr Livsey,re-read the post,....... me using somebody elses computer.......... :thumbsup: only me and you posting,Jayne musn't have any time at all on her hands :hypo:

Mick

Ahhh I see, well I have no excuse for that. Now I've changed my mind, I'm glad Chelsea won!

Hi Sean

You really know how to hurt someone's feelings! :( (Have you been taking lessons from someone?) :D I have done some low and shameful things in my life but I would never stoop so low as to support Trafford United (Red s***e) My blood is green - I am a Celtic Bhoy through and through. Took great delight in rubbing Mick's nose in it when we routed Man United at Paradise recently. :D

Watched latics game and thought you definately deserved something from it. Don't know how you will take this but I used to also regularly follow Wigan Rugby League, so you may not wish to correspond!

A mate of mine will be at Bury most likely and I would be grateful if you woudl play him a request. He is from Heywood and his name is Ant Lee - he is a bit of a dinosaur so any stompa from Wigan circa 75/6 should do nicely. Please ensure he dances to the request as he looks in need of the excersise. :D

Hope you have a good un on the night and its a packer for yourself, Jayne and Neil.

All the best

Paul

Paul my humble appologies, I will never again link you with the salfordians. What do you reckon of Celtic's chances in the second round? Think you've got a good chance especially if you draw an Arsenal or Liverpool. As long as you admit following the chubby one's as a sin, I may well converse with you. :thumbsup: Don't take me seriously its a lot of bad feeling which goes back a long way between both sets of fans and clubs, its rooted inside me from early experiences of the rugby's attitude to the then smaller other team in the town. But who's laughing now! ?

We definately deserved a point at least, Heskey and Camara played well without any end product and we had 3 opportunities that should have put us in front, our big problem at the minute is taking our chances when they come along.

As for Bury tommorow, you're probably better asking Neil, as I'm playing upstairs and I doubt very much that my selections will take his fancy.

As for Bury tommorow, you're probably better asking Neil, as I'm playing upstairs and I doubt very much that my selections will take his fancy.

Well I said earlier in the thread - its the Xmas Special and some classics are going to be getting an airing thats FOR DEFFO! I'm sure I can dig out a few of the big tunes from the 76/77 era (one of the eras when Liverpool won the European cup actually Sean!! :thumbsup: ) that will get your mate treading the boards Paul.

Ahhh I see, well I have no excuse for that. Now I've changed my mind, I'm glad Chelsea won!

still five points clear :thumbsup:

Paul my humble appologies, I will never again link you with the salfordians. What do you reckon of Celtic's chances in the second round? Think you've got a good chance especially if you draw an Arsenal or Liverpool. As long as you admit following the chubby one's as a sin, I may well converse with you. :thumbsup: Don't take me seriously its a lot of bad feeling which goes back a long way between both sets of fans and clubs, its rooted inside me from early experiences of the rugby's attitude to the then smaller other team in the town. But who's laughing now! ?

We definately deserved a point at least, Heskey and Camara played well without any end product and we had 3 opportunities that should have put us in front, our big problem at the minute is taking our chances when they come along.

Well I said earlier in the thread - its the Xmas Special and some classics are going to be getting an airing thats FOR DEFFO! I'm sure I can dig out a few of the big tunes from the 76/77 era (one of the eras when Liverpool won the European cup actually Sean!! :thumbsup: ) that will get your mate treading the boards Paul.

got any stafford classics?the last time you won the OLD first division,lol

Ahem! Moving quickly back to the Soul (stay on topic Livesey!!) I'll see you @ Bury around 8'ish mate. Have a goodun tomorrow. I'm off to have me pudd'n (rice pudding with damson jam - proper winter food!!!) and into my pit - got an early start tomorrow.

Take it easy. Oh, by the way! Why wouldn't your selections appeal to me? I'd hobble you if you played 'em in the Northern Room but you got some wicked stuff for upstairs lined up I'm sure - only prob is we're both doing 1am - 2am so I won't catch your set. Make 'em have it bud.

EURPOEAN? :thumbsup:

And me usually such an eloquent one!!! :D

Of course I meant EUROPEAN. EURPOEAN is the new spelling to save ink - all part of the climate change policy dontcha know!! :hypo:

Guest stash313

You ain't with it tonight are you scouse?

Wouldn't appeal to Paul's mate who he admits is an oldie fantatic, they may not appeal to you either. You always used to get nose bleeds when you came into the Modern room with us. Either that or you were away from your record box for too long! ;-)

Yeah tommorow night is shaping up to be a good one.

scouse.bmp

Edited by stash313
Guest Paul Brennan

No apologies required sean,was only a jest. Yes you are right Liverpool or Arsenal would be a prospect, but I fancy A C Milano myself they are bang out of form, the shopping is great (must be getting in touch with my feminine side here - must cut back on the soya) and the women are bella bella bellisima.

Ok I admit it sinning has long been a pastime of mine but luckily being holy roman and apostalic catholic I get forgiven each and every saturday morning, I find it a very conveniant relationship :thumbsup: But fair play to the Latics they have done big time, no question about it. Camara was once our Bhoy, all be it on loan, he is certainly different.

All the best, keep em dancin

Paul

Guest stash313

Ahem! Moving quickly back to the Soul (stay on topic Livesey!!) I'll see you @ Bury around 8'ish mate. Have a goodun tomorrow. I'm off to have me pudd'n (rice pudding with damson jam - proper winter food!!!) and into my pit - got an early start tomorrow.

I'm sorry mister, that Much older boy Howard made me do it he made me talk of football! :thumbsup:

Take it easy. Oh, by the way! Why wouldn't your selections appeal to me? I'd hobble you if you played 'em in the Northern Room but you got some wicked stuff for upstairs lined up I'm sure - only prob is we're both doing 1am - 2am so I won't catch your set. Make 'em have it bud.

And me usually such an eloquent one!!! :D

Ahhem. See you tommorow :hypo:

Guest stash313

Bugger that Mick...

Was up until 3.30 am today getting my script finished for Uni, probably will be up an equal amount of time sorting out the records for tommorow. LOL

See you tommorow