Alexander patton

Jazz

4 hours ago, JulianB said:

No - originals have title on one line only.

My all time favourite tune. Had the honour of DJing at Prestwich when he did an appearance. Spent an hour or so chatting with him and his wife Sonja.

Happy times.

Actually there are originals with the title on two lines, they have a daisy stamp and are quite rare, the next bootleg guide should be amended to show this.

There was a thread a few years ago which went into fine detail, but I can't find it.

Social source share

50 minutes ago, grouse said:

Actually there are originals with the title on two lines, they have a daisy stamp and are quite rare, the next bootleg guide should be amended to show this.

There was a thread a few years ago which went into fine detail, but I can't find it.

Canadian pressing ... easy to spot as they have "Made in Canada" along the bottom .

Social source share

21 hours ago, Bruv said:

Someone could get caught out with that, the way the seller has got the cheek to try and con someone with the original Capitol sleeve included, which is in very good condition for 50 years old of course. 

....that’s the UK sleeve....and even that looks fake....   

Social source share

9 minutes ago, JulianB said:

The US and Canada originals + the US bootleg all have the spelling Patten. The UK issue says Patton which is the correct spelling of his surname ( or so he wrote down for me anyway!!!!)

There is supposed to be a US original with title on two lines with Patton ( the correct spelling) as opposed to Patten which we normally see.  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!