Jump to content
  • Sign Up
jazz

Alexander patton

Recommended Posts

No - originals have title on one line only.

 

My all time favourite tune. Had the honour of DJing at Prestwich when he did an appearance. Spent an hour or so chatting with him and his wife Sonja.

Happy times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone could get caught out with that, the way the seller has got the cheek to try and con someone with the original Capitol sleeve included, which is in very good condition for 50 years old of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JulianB said:

No - originals have title on one line only.

 

My all time favourite tune. Had the honour of DJing at Prestwich when he did an appearance. Spent an hour or so chatting with him and his wife Sonja.

Happy times.

Actually there are originals with the title on two lines, they have a daisy stamp and are quite rare, the next bootleg guide should be amended to show this.

 

There was a thread a few years ago which went into fine detail, but I can't find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, grouse said:

Actually there are originals with the title on two lines, they have a daisy stamp and are quite rare, the next bootleg guide should be amended to show this.

 

There was a thread a few years ago which went into fine detail, but I can't find it.

Canadian pressing ... easy to spot as they have "Made in Canada" along the bottom .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bruv said:

Someone could get caught out with that, the way the seller has got the cheek to try and con someone with the original Capitol sleeve included, which is in very good condition for 50 years old of course. 

....that’s the UK sleeve....and even that looks fake....   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to a friend last night who owns a copy, and I was mistaken. It's an AIM stamp not a daisy stamp issue that has the title on 2 lines. It is extremely rare. It's not Canadian.

Edited by grouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, grouse said:

Spoke to a friend last night who owns a copy, and I was mistaken. It's an AIM stamp not a daisy stamp issue that has the title on 2 lines. It is extremely rare. It's not Canadian.

Is the name misspelt as well, Patton rather than Patten?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chalky said:

Is the name misspelt as well, Patton rather than Patten?

The US and Canada originals + the US bootleg all have the spelling Patten. The UK issue says Patton which is the correct spelling of his surname ( or so he wrote down for me anyway!!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JulianB said:

The US and Canada originals + the US bootleg all have the spelling Patten. The UK issue says Patton which is the correct spelling of his surname ( or so he wrote down for me anyway!!!!)

There is supposed to be a US original with title on two lines with Patton ( the correct spelling) as opposed to Patten which we normally see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chalky said:

There is supposed to be a US original with title on two lines with Patton ( the correct spelling) as opposed to Patten which we normally see.  

Ok, never seen one. Has anyone got a scan please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.