The best media software for recording a dj set

Stateside

18 hours ago, stateside said:

I want to make my own dj set and record it for uploading and home use using the mp3's that I have made from my vinyl.

Any suggestions?

Any help would be much appreciated

Kev

any of you regular podcast posters/makers  on here up for giving some advice?

Social source share

what system are you using, decks onto laptop/PC

I'm on a Mac and I use Traktor.  I usually prepare the tracks, load into Traktor and let that do the mix.

But any program will record, especially if your decks go to your PC, audacity etc especially if you are going to record whilst you play them.  You get what you pay for though IMO.  The other program I use on the Mac is Amadeus pro and Audio Hijack.

Wavepad is another program that is free.

Start with something free and practice.

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Thanks Chalky,

I have an HDD Yamaha CDR-HD 1300E and a single Technics deck, so record onto that. Then transfer them onto my pc/laptop, using windows.  The quality is great.

So I just need to drag and drop my mp3's into a program that can create a podcast/playlist and record it.

Thanks

Kev

Social source share

As mentioned above, for a Windows PC, Audacity will do the job.  It's free, extremely powerful yet quite simple to use.  Importantly, there are numerous "how to" instructional videos on youtube to help, if needed, with any of the technicalities.  Equally there are probably more than enough Audacity users on this site who could answer any questions you may have.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Audacity is what I use and can recommend. I happen to have a usb-turntable (which also means it has a built-in preamp) for the purpose of converting vinyl into digital form, so I simply plug it into my PC and start recording. Then I select and upload the files and mix them together - also using Audacity. Very easy to use.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!