Lightwater, Saturday 16 December

• Replies 317
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

John did give me the thumbs up down at Ramsgate the other week as i did play a few modern in my set but at the moment im not listening to enough of it to really know whats what,

Northern for me until midnight as after that i turn into a pumpkin unless im in a modern room. whistling.gif

Are you in a rush to get home tonight then :sleep3:

:thumbsup: if i wanted to get home early he would be on at 9pm

moldie

Bearsy, you must of misheard. They probably said so you can take the p....... laugh.gif

ian plz dont put yourself down

just let us do it as we are doing a great job

the decks have been warmed up for you ian

they are waiting for you to set them alight

moldie

chris and i went to set up earlier

the modern room was done in no time at all..sound great as always

then we had to wait to go upstairs to sort the northern room

party on till 4pm for so we took gear upstairs to wait

got to top of the stairs and......a bloody bouncy castle was takin up half the room

we were told the owner was takin it away at 4.45 so we decided to come home

we now have to go back there at 6.15 to sort the northern room out

at least we can play a few toons b4 ian supercorsa gets there

moldie

Bearsy do us a favour and stuff Bournemouth will you.They train where i work and need good kick up the backsides. thumbup.gif

Dave

Sorry Dave we could only draw and that was lucky we were shite.

anyway im on my way as once famously sung by my mate si when off his head.

see you all in an hour and a harf

Bearsy

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Nor me, it was great, well done to Moldie and to all the DJ's who made it a good one, despite my attempts to ruin the evening with the following playlist (not in order of play BTW)

Wilson Pickett - Can't Stop A Man In Love

Leon Haywood - La La Song

Spanky Wilson - Easy Lover

Mary J. Blige - MJB Da MVP

James Brown - So Long

Katie Love - Don't Send Nobody Else

The Stylistics - Found A Love You Couldn't Handle

Crystal Waters - Say Hey If You Feel Alright

Dusty Springfield - The Richest Girl Alive

Ken Boothe - You To Me Are Everything

Johnny Bristol - Love Takes Tears

Julius Brown - Never Too Late

Plus the following 'obvious' crowdpleasers:

Corey Blake

Carl Hall 'What About You'

Tavasco

Johnson Family

...and a couple of other unissued things, that must remain a secret for now I'm afraid :thumbsup:

Thanks for listening (or dancing), if you did!

TONE

Well its probably down to divine providence that we got home in one piece (Note to self - don't let Dolly drive home from Soul Events! :search: ) and we had a throroughly top night down at Lightwater. Some tasty sides spun in both rooms and nice to bump into so many friendly faces on my first visit.

Messrs Eames & Meade - you must take more vinyl sales out with you fellas - I'd whipped through those boxes of yours in under 10 minutes and didnt know what to do with my hands after that!

Thanks to Moldie & gang for the ever-warm welcome and look forward to returning in 2007 - possibly even dropping a few tunes with ace-oppo Dolly!!

See ya'all at the 100 Club Xmas bash next Thursday - Don't forget the mustard.

Neil & Dolly :thumbsup::thumbsup: :search:

Edited by dollynormal1

My Play List In Order Played..

11.15 till 12...

Get Ready - Ella Fitzgerald - Reprise

Since I found My Baby - Metros - RCA

Hope you all enjoyed it

Night

Mischief

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! Well let's hope you get a longer spot when you dj at Boogaloosoul in January. Shame the equipment let you down but on the positive side, when you played the Metros I decided not to sell my copy which was in the sales box at the time. Forgot how good it sounds played out.

My first time at Lightwater and was surprised to see so many that I knew. I had a really great time and spent most of the night chatting and reminiscing both upstairs and downstairs. Very friendly 'up for it' crowd and will defo be back next year (now I have the sat nav sorted out).

Warren

Moldie thanks for a great night, myself and friends really enjoyed the night so pat on the back for yourself mate.

Shame about the speakers packing up but hey shit happens, :lol:

Mischief was just getting started and its a shame as we all know what great tunes he has in his box, :lol:

Someone knicked the R&B CD you gave me off the table downstairs but left the other one the robbing bastards. :thumbsup:

Overall mate though it was a bloody good night and looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup:

Bearsy

11.15 till 12...

Hope you all enjoyed it

Night

Mischief

Paul i always enjoy your sets mate its just a shame the speakers decided to pack up when they did,

Sorry didnt get much of a chance to have a proper chat with you but maybe next time :thumbsup:

Bearsy

My playlist in no particular order 9.45 - 10.30.

E.Rodney Jones- R&B Time - Tuff

Bobby Bland - Yum Yum Tree - Duke

Hesitations - That's What Love Is - Soul Series

Delcos - Arabia- Showcase

Cooperettes - Shingaling - Brunswick

Johnny Wyatt - This Thing Called Love - Bronco

Artistics - Hope We Have - Brunswick

Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young - Seventy 7

Ray Charles - I Don't Need No Doctor - ABC

Darrell Banks - Somebody Somewhere - Revilot

Sunday - Ain't Got No Problem - Chess

Otis Smith - Let Her Go - Perception

Joe Simon - I Got A Whole Lot Of Loving - SS7

Sheppards - Stubborn Heart- Jayboy

Marv Johnson - I Miss You Baby - Tamla UK

Supremes - Love Is Like An Itching - Motown

Miracles - Whole Lot Of Shaking - Tamla

Most enjoyable evening.

Dave.

I know there was a bit of an issue in the northern room, BUT trust me Moldie I didn't meet anybody not having a really good time last night.

Brilliant. :thumbsup:

Moldie,

Totally agree with Col, great night had by all, cracking tunes, Tony Ellis the birthday boy, Greety pissed a parrot, just areally good night all round!! Well done to all involved.

Alan

Paul i always enjoy your sets mate its just a shame the speakers decided to pack up when they did,

Sorry didnt get much of a chance to have a proper chat with you but maybe next time :thumbsup:

Bearsy

Cheers mate... will catch up on the 30th .... :thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

At least the speakers went in the last spot and people could go down to the other room..

Sorry if it ruined anyones evening... For some reason one of the speakers blew earlier on, so to compensate for it we turned the master up on the other speaker then this blew, it was nothing to do with the sound limiter as we never lost the power at any stage, which is what the limiter cuts out... its not old gear, Chris only bought the speakers/kit 18 months ago, so probably only been used out 10 times at the most... oh well what can we say except sorry :lol: ..

Cheers everyone for making it a blinding night..... Some top tunes played as always ..

Hope to see you for our 5th Anniversary in Feb 2007... with bigger and better speakers... Chris has already decided what he wants :lol:

Mischief

Messrs Eames & Kelross - you must take more vinyl sales out with you fellas - I'd whipped through those boxes of yours in under 10 minutes and didnt know what to do with my hands after that!

You've got me there Neil, I was there All Night from Early & I Didn't See Pete Kelross in there at all :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Jon Buck :lol:

You've got me there Neil, I was there All Night from Early & I Didn't See Pete Kelross in there at all :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Jon Buck :lol:

you are right jon

pete kelross wasnt there

he was at a party for a potential employer

good to see sue and yourself there

moldie

I see Moldie at the shopping center earlier and noticed he decided to upgrade his sound system

post-4635-1166366891.jpgpost-4635-1166366815.jpg

i knew i could rely on you bearsy

great to see you last night

by the way

my equipment was downstairs....so there

Moldie,

Totally agree with Col, great night had by all, cracking tunes, Tony Ellis the birthday boy, Greety pissed a parrot, just areally good night all round!! Well done to all involved.

Alan

thanks for the kind words alan

i knew greety was pissed as he was dancing :thumbsup:

moldie

Moldie thanks for a great night, myself and friends really enjoyed the night so pat on the back for yourself mate.

Shame about the speakers packing up but hey shit happens, :lol:

Mischief was just getting started and its a shame as we all know what great tunes he has in his box, :lol:

Someone knicked the R&B CD you gave me off the table downstairs but left the other one the robbing bastards. :thumbsup:

Overall mate though it was a bloody good night and looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup:

Bearsy

sorry bout the cd bearsy

pm your address and uill get one in the post

moldie

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! Well let's hope you get a longer spot when you dj at Boogaloosoul in January. Shame the equipment let you down but on the positive side, when you played the Metros I decided not to sell my copy which was in the sales box at the time. Forgot how good it sounds played out.

My first time at Lightwater and was surprised to see so many that I knew. I had a really great time and spent most of the night chatting and reminiscing both upstairs and downstairs. Very friendly 'up for it' crowd and will defo be back next year (now I have the sat nav sorted out).

Warren

great to see you on saturday night warren

you can rely on mischief to do the business in january

theres always a warm friendly crowd at lightwater ready to make any newcomers feel welcome

catch up soon

regards moldie

Well its probably down to divine providence that we got home in one piece (Note to self - don't let Dolly drive home from Soul Events! :search: ) and we had a throroughly top night down at Lightwater. Some tasty sides spun in both rooms and nice to bump into so many friendly faces on my first visit.

Messrs Eames & Kelross - you must take more vinyl sales out with you fellas - I'd whipped through those boxes of yours in under 10 minutes and didnt know what to do with my hands after that!

Thanks to Moldie & gang for the ever-warm welcome and look forward to returning in 2007 - possibly even dropping a few tunes with ace-oppo Dolly!!

See ya'all at the 100 Club Xmas bash next Thursday - Don't forget the mustard.

Neil & Dolly :thumbsup::thumbsup: :search:

big thanks to the soul scenes hottest couple

there will indeed be a spot for you in the coming year

all the best for the coming festivities and new year

regards moldie

Nor me, it was great, well done to Moldie and to all the DJ's who made it a good one, despite my attempts to ruin the evening with the following playlist (not in order of play BTW)

Wilson Pickett - Can't Stop A Man In Love

Leon Haywood - La La Song

Spanky Wilson - Easy Lover

Mary J. Blige - MJB Da MVP

James Brown - So Long

Katie Love - Don't Send Nobody Else

The Stylistics - Found A Love You Couldn't Handle

Crystal Waters - Say Hey If You Feel Alright

Dusty Springfield - The Richest Girl Alive

Ken Boothe - You To Me Are Everything

Johnny Bristol - Love Takes Tears

Julius Brown - Never Too Late

Plus the following 'obvious' crowdpleasers:

Corey Blake

Carl Hall 'What About You'

Tavasco

Johnson Family

...and a couple of other unissued things, that must remain a secret for now I'm afraid :thumbsup:

Thanks for listening (or dancing), if you did!

TONE

a real pleasure to have you dj at lightwater tony

you did us and yourself pround

regards moldie

I know there was a bit of an issue in the northern room, BUT trust me Moldie I didn't meet anybody not having a really good time last night.

Brilliant. :thumbsup:

colin i never thought id have to say thanks to you but here it is

thanks

it was a pleasure to deliver you to your front door

moldie

11.15 till 12...

Hope you all enjoyed it

Night

Mischief

great playlist paul

just watch the bookings come flooding in :thumbsup:

regards moldie

i knew i could rely on you bearsy

great to see you last night

by the way

my equipment was downstairs....so there

This reaction had me thinking it was your equipment Moldie

post-4635-1166378381.jpg

i found a decent background for your next event flyer Moldie, just add details

let me know what you think :)

great backdrop mate

almost as good as the people singing "silence is golden" and "silent night" when the speakers went down

moldie

I wouldn't have played the Ella Fitzgerald, not really NS imo...

Simon :thumbsup:

Take your opinion on board.. but personally I regard it as a good dancer.. and funny enough first time I heard it was on the After Hours Northern Soul CD.. Thats when I thought I liked it...

Good thing about Northern there are no rules each to the own.. :)

Take your opinion on board.. but personally I regard it as a good dancer.. and funny enough first time I heard it was on the After Hours Northern Soul CD.. Thats when I thought I liked it...

you have to believe in the records you play and im sure you do.whatever you play there will always be someone who doesnt like one or two of them

moldie

Sorry, my warped sense of humour, i feel for you only getting the chance to play the two tunes & the sound system breaking down, it's not funny & i know i wouldn't be too happy if it happened to me.

I was sort of taking the mickey out of myself also as i'm always banging on about what is NS & what isn't, this slapped me in the face earlier when i pulled Ady up on his R & B track only to find out he was playing at an R & B night! :thumbsup:

The Ella track is great & i spun it myself last Friday at Da Doo Ron Ron!

Simon :thumbsup:

Not a problem Simon ... anyway by only playing 2 tracks I was the most talked about dj of the night :)

it was 2 and a half records to be honest as it died in the 3rd one Valentinos.. sweeter than the day before...

Is this the shortest spot ever I wonder?

it would be interesting to find out

you were very much talked about..people asked me who the hell blew up the speakers

moldie

it would be interesting to find out

you were very much talked about..people asked me who the hell blew up the speakers

moldie

Rumour has it he BOOTED the speakers :):thumbsup::thumbsup::D:lol:

to mr steve cole

just like to thankyou for last night..im not even sure you are on here but im sure someone will pass the message on

be great to get your playlist from last night

heard some top toons from you

regards moldie

ps...a review of last night would be great too