Chuck Flamingo, Millionaires, Chancellors, Grier Brothers etc.

JIMMY SOUL

Apologies for putting this list in this part of the forum, but in the ebay/ websites section I couldn't see a "start new topic" button (not sure what's going on there), so I decided to drop it in here - mods please feel free to move it if you don't think it is appropriate.
Anyway below is the full list of what I have up for auction on ebay currently with gradings/ descriptions etc. all starting at 99p and ending next Sunday - here’s the link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sevendaylover/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Platters – Oh No Not My Baby b/w/ Sammy Ambrose (6Ts Anniversary)
VG+ clean labels, clean vinyl, one small surface mark NAP

Pat Thompson & Archie Powell – Darling, Darling (Mir-A-Don)
EX clean labels, clean vinyl, surface mark on flipside NAP

Richard Brown – Sweet and Kind / Don’t Listen (Steeltown)

M- clean labels, clean vinyl, bought as "stock copy" probably only played once to record sound clip.

Johnny Benavidez – Tell Me That You Love Me (Stylart)

M- clean labels, clean vinyl, bought new played once to record clip. 

Valdons – Stop, Wait A Minute Girl /  Whatcha Gonna Do (Secret Stash)

VG+ clean labels, clean vinyl, punch hole in label, and pencil line

Johnny & The Expressions – Now That You’re Mine / Shy Girl (Josie)

VG  small WOL (says Carolyn, and what look like two C's), slight label wear, some surface marks/ scratches to playing surface (Styrene)

Gene Middleton – No One To Love You / Don’t Let The Green Grass (Andee)

VG small X on label, vinyl difficult to grade really so I have gone with VG… has no scratches but looks dull maybe due to have been kept in a PVC sleeve at some stage of it's life

Little Jewel – I Want To / It Doesn’t Matter (Tayster)

VG+ some damage to labels, playing surface of record is clean (styrene)

Supremes – Stoned Love LONG INTRO VERSION (Motown demo)
VG+ sticker residue/ tear one side, pen tick on other side, vinyl clean just a few marks

Ed Crook – That’s Alright / You’ll See (Tri-Sound)

VG clean labels, pretty clean vinyl, few marks one scratch can be felt with fingernail (otherwise it'd be VG+), but plays through brilliantly

Owen Grey – Help Me / Incense (Island UK)

VG+ two sticker marks to label, vinyl clean

Jackie Lee – Oh My Darling / Don’t Be Ashamed (Mirwood)
VG+ very slight ring wear on labels, vinyl in decent shape, overall a nice copy!

Emmanuel Laskey – Don’t Lead Me On Baby / What Did I Do Wrong (Thelma)
VG- slight wear to labels, vinyl has wear scratches/ scuffs, but plays great really strong and loud!!

Herbert Hunter – I Was Born To Love You / Push Away From The Table (SPAR Nashville Matrix)

VG+ clean labels, clean vinyl, few surface marks NAP no scratches - great copy original Nashville Matrix stamped

Maxine Brown – Let Me Give You My Loving /  We Can Work It Out (Wand)
VG some wear to label, punch hole in label, surface marks/ scuffs, but plays fantastic (styrene)

Eddie Holman – I Surrender / I Love You (ABC)

VG some wear to label, ink on flipside label label, surface marks/ scuffs, but plays well

Drifters – Drip Drop / Moonlight Bay (Atlantic)
VG+ clean labels, clean vinyl, just a few hairlines but very nice copy

Lydia Pense – I’ll Forgive You The Forget You (Invader)
VG+ clean labels (slight discoloration), clean playing surface (styrene)

Mike Williams – Lonely Soldier / If This Isn’t Love (Atlantic)
VG WOL, X on label both sides, and initials, vinyl few surface marks looks quite dull actually on "Lonely Soldier" side but plays well

Chuck Flamingo – What’s My Chances (Rojac)

G+/ F WOL, vinyl has many scratches and scuffs, plays ok on the side you want it for "What's My Chances", less so on the ballad flip due to some scratches visible in the scan

Pamala Stanley – That’ll Be The Day (EMI, Canadian)
VG+ clean labels, clean vinyl (couple of pops in intro but otherwise spot on) - great copy and rare on this Canadian press

Bobby McLure – You Bring Out The Love In Me (Island demo, UK)

VG+ WOL (says DEMO in biro), vinyl shows a small number of marks, no deep scratches or anything - plays really well

Coke Escovedo – Make It Sweet / Rebirth (Mercury)

VG very slight ring wear on labels, playing surface (styrene) has some wear with surface scuffs, scratches, nothing too bad - plays decent!!!

Joan Moody – We Must Be Doing Something Right (Sylvia demo)

VG label damage & wear, it's a styrene record and the glue is coming a bit unstuck, and part of the label has actually fallen off at some point… playing surface is decent actually with some surface marks

Six Feet Under – Foxy Woman (Le Cam)

EX clean label, super clean copy all round

Bobby Boyd – Whatcha Gonna Do About It (Bang demo)

VG++ clean label, clean copy all round, same song both sides

Capitols (Three Caps) – Hello Stranger / Cool Jerk (Atlantic, UK 1969 issue)
VG+ clean label, clean copy all round, the only reason it didn't get a VG++ is that it displays very very minor wear on the label

Chancellors – Girls Do Wonderful Things For Boys (Cap City)

VG label wear, labels reversed - playing surface (styrene) is actually nice, better than VG would have been VG+ if the label was clean, great uptempo soul from DC, with instrumental on flip

Theresa Lindsey – I’ll Bet You / Daddy-O (Golden World)

VG- some wear to label, playing surface (styrene) has some wear appropriate to the VG- grade

Millionaires – Never For me / If I Had You Babe (Philips)

VG+, clean labels, punch hole, styrene has slight groove wear that causes a minor hiss on "Never For Me" despite the record looking in VG++ condition, but no major distortion and the music plays loud, so I have given it the grade of VG+ and provided full scans and sound clips so you can make your own mind up about it.

Inez & Charlie Foxx – You Fixed My Heartache (Dynamo)

VG+, clean label (well it has two labels stuck on it, see scan) clean playing surface (styrene), nice copy

Barbara Lewis – I Remember The Feeling (Atlantic)

VG+, clean labels, punch hole, styrene has slight groove wear that causes a minor hiss despite the record looking in VG++ condition, but the music plays loud, so I have given it the grade of VG+ and provided full scans and sound clips so you can make your own mind up about it.

Soul Brother Six – You Better Check Yourself / What Can You Do (Atlantic)

EX clean label, punch hole, clean vinyl – lovely copy all round

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – Little Boys With Shiny Toys (Daptone RSD)
EX Only played twice – once when I first got it, and once to record - lovely copy all round

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – Got A Thing ON My Mind (Daptone)

EX Only played a couple of times – lovely copy all round

Bob Brady & The Con Chords – More More More Of Your Love (Chariot)

VG+ clean label main side, slight liquid mark flipside, few cosmetic surface scuffs NAP, nice copy

Grier Brothers Weeping Baby All The Time (Melody Disc)

VG+ some label damage (check scans), glossy vinyl displays some hairlines/ surface scuffs NAP – I was tempted to grade this VG but that would in my opinion be really selling it short because of a bit of label damage – it plays fantastic and is a nice copy, no scratches or gouges etc. 

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Source Advert