Unusual Invitations Boot ?

Swifty

5 hours ago, SWIFTY said:

I know this is a boot and I've had it longer than I can remember to be honest , It's just I haven't seen another like it

any ideas where these would've come from, just interested .

INVITATIONS_NEW.thumb.jpg.a5804e3a135852f093a49e1f663a7f73.jpg

Cheers

Swifty

I find many of these boots rather amusing, as they seem to be 50 times rarer than the original, especialy some of the beach/Carolinas stuff. There is also a boot of ' Look on the good side' by the Invitations, which is probably several thousand times rarer than the original. Never seen the offender shown above though, how weird.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

23 hours ago, codfromderby said:

I had one of them, can't remember where I got it from, the titles felt like they were made from transfers, a bit like those letters you rubbed on to paper

I thought it may be a letraset job to be honest but sadly I have an eyeglass (work in repro/print) and it defintely isn't , strange one. I also had a Skiing in the snow on a British label and after a few years the Vinyl started to come apart at the edges (a bit like a scab lol) so I ended up peeling it all off and underneath was a record called 'Bad News Rising' by Canned Heat I think , strange eh

Social source share

One of the original boots that were available at the same time as Geoff Kings Soul Sound label was getting going from Leicester market back in1971 but as  to it's origin - not a clue although there is a suspicion that they all link to Geoff King in that his 'Old' soul label as a precursor to Soul Sounds and this Invitations were all done by him as well. Remember buying this off the market one Saturday morning as an impressionable 17 year old listening to the 'old hands' discussing the 'Cats' and the demise of the Night Owl and Wheel, not realising that in fairly short order I'd be following them down the A5 and on to a lifetime of vinyl addiction.

Frosty

• Up vote 2
Social source share

20 hours ago, vadnochka said:

One of the original boots that were available at the same time as Geoff Kings Soul Sound label was getting going from Leicester market back in1971 but as  to it's origin - not a clue although there is a suspicion that they all link to Geoff King in that his 'Old' soul label as a precursor to Soul Sounds and this Invitations were all done by him as well. Remember buying this off the market one Saturday morning as an impressionable 17 year old listening to the 'old hands' discussing the 'Cats' and the demise of the Night Owl and Wheel, not realising that in fairly short order I'd be following them down the A5 and on to a lifetime of vinyl addiction.

Frosty

Cheers mate , might put it on evilbay as boots are fetching silly money lol

Swifty:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 3 months later...

I’ve still got this boot, must have bought it around 70/71 time and although I live near Leicester I didn’t get it from Leicester market. I assume I got it from selectadisc in Nottingham as I bought a lot from them around that time. It doesn’t play very loud so you have to crank the volume up to hear it properly. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 25/09/2018 at 10:56, vadnochka said:

Frosty

Boot.jpg

Social source share

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:43, SWIFTY said:

I thought it may be a letraset job to be honest but sadly I have an eyeglass (work in repro/print) and it defintely isn't , strange one. I also had a Skiing in the snow on a British label and after a few years the Vinyl started to come apart at the edges (a bit like a scab lol) so I ended up peeling it all off and underneath was a record called 'Bad News Rising' by Canned Heat I think , strange eh

"Bad Moon Rising" - Creedence Clearwater Revival (yuckity yuck yuck)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!