Steve S 60

TV Quiz Shows That Wind You Up

Q.I.

Now,this programme is actually quite good even though I don't watch any more telly these days..the host Stephen Fry is obviously a very intelligent man and the guests he has on the show are usually pretty smart thinkers too.

I always used to feel like a clever clogs watching Q.I.-It's informative, educational and fun but the main problem is this.

I CAN NEVER REMEMBER A SINGLE BLOODY THING ABOUT WHAT I'VE JUST LEARNED AFTER ITS FINISHED!!..:D

34 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

Q.I.

Now,this programme is actually quite good even though I don't watch any more telly these days..the host Stephen Fry is obviously a very intelligent man and the guests he has on the show are usually pretty smart thinkers too.

I always used to feel like a clever clogs watching Q.I.-It's informative, educational and fun but the main problem is this.

I CAN NEVER REMEMBER A SINGLE BLOODY THING ABOUT WHAT I'VE JUST LEARNED AFTER ITS FINISHED!!..:D

I think Stephen fry hasn't  done it for years its hosted by sandy toctirv a danish lesbian,  how do l know this when l don't watch it ? I hear it while l'm looking on soul source waiting for newsnight to start , why do l have a TV ? I wish l knew?

14 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Contestants on Tipping Point who can't push their big button and release the counter at the right time annoy me.  Release the counter when the top shelf is just about to slide out, not when it's just about to slide back in.

That's got to be the worst since 3-2-1. Who on earth commissioned that shit?

Pointless ,    SHIT !

Celebrity Squares ,  SHIT!    (Hello Bobby,  Hello Patty,,  grrrrrrrr )

the worst ever,    has to be Blankety Blank,    my god that was drivel....    they repeated the question 487 times ffs,   absolute tosh !     closely followed by Catchphrase ,      take me lord,  take me now  😐

C'mon, Les Dawson did a grand job of Blankety Blank. "Well, Jim, we're sorry to lose you, but let's face it, you were rubbish"

Celebrity Squares ... well, some of those people could be funny (Willie Rushton), but pretty much anything presented by Bob Monkhouse had to cope with the fact that it was presented by Bob Monkhouse

17 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Sunday afternoon has never been the same without a bit of Bully.

There's a lad in my local who can get you some tablets, to help you with this.

It's the moral blackmail adverts that get my goat the most.

Edited by Kegsy

17 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Contestants on Tipping Point who can't push their big button and release the counter at the right time annoy me.  Release the counter when the top shelf is just about to slide out, not when it's just about to slide back in.

Winds me up when they have to choose which "drop zone" even though it's bleeding obvious and then that Ben bloke has to say every single time "light it up", "fire it up", well duh!

The other thing is when they don't get it and they decline the extra 3 go's and we have to see if they would have won or not, like that's what would have actually happened.

Don't get me started on those contestants who take a really low offer on The Chase when they've won eff all because they are stupid.

I need to get a life right...

7 minutes ago, middleman said:

Winds me up when they have to choose which "drop zone" even though it's bleeding obvious and then that Ben bloke has to say every single time "light it up", "fire it up", well duh!

The other thing is when they don't get it and they decline the extra 3 go's and we have to see if they would have won or not, like that's what would have actually happened.

Don't get me started on those contestants who take a really low offer on The Chase when they've won eff all because they are stupid.

Yes, I have to admit to swearing at the telly when someone takes the lower offer, especially if it's a negative amount.

11 minutes ago, middleman said:

Plus the need for the chaser to make a grand entrance every verse end. I'm sure they delay things so that the contestants can't answer as many questions and win more dosh. 

Edited by Kegsy

12 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

There's a lad in my local who can get you some tablets, to help you with this.

It's the moral blackmail adverts that get my goat the most.

You need the annoying TV advert thread.  This is the annoying TV quiz show thread.  Can the lad in your local get hold of reading glasses?

I have never ever understood or got the point of Deal or No Deal.

Isn't it just somebody asking somebody else to open a box.

Is that it?

And on the few times I've seen it if it's a high amount they thank/hug the box opener like it was anything to do with them

Jeez.

2 minutes ago, middleman said:

I have never ever understood or got the point of Deal or No Deal.

There's a modern urban myth that on the day Robert Johnson went down to the crossroads to sell his soul to the devil it was actually Noel Edmonds who was stood there waiting for him...

1 hour ago, Spain pete said:

The 100k drop when Davina  says move your money back GUYS  and the contestants are male and female  

Dropped in on this once and saw the coconut twins / Jedward having to answer a question regarding the largest quantity.

1. Cells in the human brain
2. Teeth in the human body
3. A third option , can't remember, but something like bones in the human body.

I can't remember which one they chose, but in unison they agreed it WASN'T No 1. So they instantly lost their money as soon as they decided there were more teeth in their head than brain cells !

Also have to consider that in their own case, they might have been correct.

Never watched it since - figured nothing could top that.

3 hours ago, Soulsides said:

There's a modern urban myth that on the day Robert Johnson went down to the crossroads to sell his soul to the devil it was actually Noel Edmonds who was stood there waiting for him...

I have always suspected Mr Blobby was the devil's accomplice.

49 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Who would have thought basa was in the top ten sea fish eaten in the UK?

Basa is probably some type of Chinese sewer fish that is put into fish fingers ,, what would captain birdseye say ? Certainly wouldn't be no grey bits in my f/f's   for f/f's

1 minute ago, Spain pete said:

Basa is probably some type of Chinese sewer fish that is put into fish fingers ,, what would captain birdseye say ? Certainly wouldn't be no grey bits in my f/f's   for f/f's

Close, it's from the Mekong.  I've actually seen basa fillets in the freezer section at Aldi, but I'll be giving them a wide berth if what I've read is to be believed.  It's actually banned in the US.  I'm sad to say that you're terrible at Tenable, Pete.

36 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Close, it's from the Mekong.  I've actually seen basa fillets in the freezer section at Aldi, but I'll be giving them a wide berth if what I've read is to be believed.  It's actually banned in the US.  I'm sad to say that you're terrible at Tenable, Pete.

Where does Bombay duck come from Steve ?

3 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

The Laccadive Sea.  What do I win?

Wrong  its my local curry house  but welcome to Pete's non logical quiz  you know it makes sense 

Just now, Spain pete said:

Wrong  its my local curry house  but welcome to Pete's non logical quiz  you know it makes sense 

I haven't seen it on the menu in a curry house for a long time, although it's not something I would look for.  Onion bhaji or a mixed platter would be my choice of starter (for ten, no conferring).

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.