Reflections Of Time feat Padro (Japan Reissue?)

Stefan

Hi there,

Sold to me as a Japan reissue a few years back but there's no info that mention any Japan release. Vinyl and cover look a like the US version. Deadwax PLG777-1 & PLG777-2. There's also a few copies who have been sold as Japan reissue on discogs and popsike. A man on discogs tell me that is maybe just a Japan stock of the Original Us release. Anyone have info of the true story of this record ?

Thanks for your help !

20180921_123332.thumb.jpg.cb27bae13eaaeadad12b9ee1127d9119.jpg

Edited by Stefan
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The copy I have does not have one of those plastic Mofi inner sleeves as shown in the photo. That company was not founded untill 77 and were mainly involved with audiofile reproduction ie re-issues. The original LP came out in 75. I was not aware there was a re- issue, but it looks as if there was. Some half tidy sweet soul on there.

Social source share

I have managed to find the LP, however it looks the same as all the ones on popsike. Discogs usually identifies differences between originals and re-issues, but nothing. If your friend on facebook knows the difference (assuming there is one) please let me know. Thickness of the jacket is sometimes a clue, but i'm in the dark as much as you.

Andy

Social source share

This is the just moments on stang with some reverb on it and no original tracks just some muttering and heavy breathing over the top, strange record, more of a personal vanity project made by someone from someone else’s tracks. Very odd.

cheers Sutty 

p.s. the moments original mixes are better, just in case anyone is not aware... you probably are I guess, quite why anyone wants to buy it is a mystery to me but each to his own! 

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

22 hours ago, Sutty said:

This is the just moments on stang with some reverb on it and no original tracks just some muttering and heavy breathing over the top, strange record, more of a personal vanity project made by someone from someone else’s tracks. Very odd.

cheers Sutty 

p.s. the moments original mixes are better, just in case anyone is not aware... you probably are I guess, quite why anyone wants to buy it is a mystery to me but each to his own! 

Have you actually listened to all the LP? Only one track has heavy breathing and muttering, it's the first track on side one, which in my opinion is not very good and I have never had by the Moments. Not all the Moments original versions do I prefere either. all though in general most would accept the productions  are much better, the version of 'This old house' is in my opinion is far to over the top  by the Moments for the sad subject matter on offer. Much of this material was recorded by other All platinum outfits anyway, of which I am sure many on here prefere different takes. Categorically saying something is better like some leading authority is not helpfull, let them choose.Vanity projects on others material is not very odd, it's relatively common. The original poster of the thread was discussing the authenticity or the origin of the press not the music held within.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Keep you hair on, I was just pointing out that there is no original material on the album, I used to have the the LP after picking it up in a batch of albums and thought it was odd that someone had just taken a load of stang recordings and released it as their own album with their own pic in the cover. Or it was just a tax dodge? I do apologise for any offence and for actually discussing the music lol

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!