Do me a favour

Pete S

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ref-11-12-5x-Extreme...tem320060966296

I know it's not soul, but some people - this guy is selling 5 singles, they are all common, the rarest is the beltones and thats only worth £10 but incredibly he has one bid, and it's for his reserve of £250! His last 6 winners all have similar names and have only one feedback each. Ebay are fcuking useless if they can't spot what's happening.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just noticed he's got a second pack of 5 records for sale - well blow me down, if they haven't reached their reserve of £250 and, my goodness, it's the same bidder as before :lol:laugh.gif:no:

i smell a rot :thumbsup:

Social source share

I know it's not soul, but some people - this guy is selling 5 singles, they are all common, the rarest is the beltones and thats only worth £10 but incredibly he has one bid, and it's for his reserve of £250! His last 6 winners all have similar names and have only one feedback each. Ebay are fcuking useless if they can't spot what's happening.

Surely he's fcuking himself up with ebay fees ,with what looks like a lot of shill bidding? :thumbsup:

Social source share

ive seen this name (the bidder) and similar soooo many times! am i missing something? as i dont pretend to be an expert and had to bid against this person or persons a few times!

Pete

Social source share

Pete can you please explain somethin that may be blatantly obvious to anybody other than me? just been on ebay and selected highest price first cat (uk soul records) now the thing is anything over £100 with bids is the same or very similar bidder! irrespective of the type of item for sale! im surely not quite grasping something as im somewhat confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

help required

Pete

Social source share

Pete can you please explain somethin that may be blatantly obvious to anybody other than me? just been on ebay and selected highest price first cat (uk soul records) now the thing is anything over £100 with bids is the same or very similar bidder! irrespective of the type of item for sale! im surely not quite grasping something as im somewhat confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

help required

Pete

You might have to ring me to explain this a bit further Pete cos I'm not quite sure what you mean!

Social source share

help required

Pete

Think I know what you mean. Ebay UK seemed to have changed the rules a bit so that the bidder's identities are 'masked' until the auction closes - hence seeing Bidder 1, Bidder 2, Bideer 3 etc. This is to stop other people offering the same record to the bidders while the auctions are running...however, strangely, it doesn't seem to apply to all auctions, which is confusing.

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Think I know what you mean. Ebay UK seemed to have changed the rules a bit so that the bidder's identities are 'masked' until the auction closes - hence seeing Bidder 1, Bidder 2, Bideer 3 etc. This is to stop other people offering the same record to the bidders while the auctions are running...however, strangely, it doesn't seem to apply to all auctions, which is confusing.

Thanks for that, all makes sense now! I think! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!