El Corol

Best group name I've heard for a long time!

Me and my younger brother had a band in the 1980's ..we played a mad mixture of Funk and Psychedelic fusion type of stuff and went absolutely bloody nowhere hehe.

Looking back In hindsight the name of our group probably didn't do us any favours, we were called 'The Gentle Menitals'  hahaha..

Here in Spain during the 80's there was a lot of Punk groups with very fool names as Tarzán y su Puta Madre (traduced to english: "Tarzan & his Bitch Mother"); also Escorbuto Crónico ("Chronicall Scorbut").

If the matter is not "the most hilarious or fool name" but the most "euphonic" or interesting name, on the soul - funk field I have a lot of favorite names, from Ace Spectrum, Fuzz, Lost Generation,… and dozens others!

I recall Peel referring to a Norwich (or thereabouts) band in the early 80's by the name of Bang Goes My Stereo. They didn't appear on vinyl to my knowledge.

Slightly deviating but here's a list of footballers with interesting names that I've spotted:

This player had an unrivalled history of diving in and around the box

http://int.soccerway.com/players/andre-muff/37212/

I believe Gotham City were interested in this striker at one point

Here's a suitably nicknamed player for every autograph hunter if their pen runs out

Fans of Austrian 3rd div team Lankowitz, will hope this player does if he turns out to be a bad buy

The most dishonest player in football I assume?

Edited by Martin S

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.