News: New Recordings from Yvonne Vernee out for pre-release

Mike

Has to be said there has been a growing trend in the price of certain "NEW RELEASE" soul records with some being more than £20 +

Not particularly un-released things but usually Retro Sounding Soul aimed at the soul buying public (You And Me) where as Pop, Reggae and Basic Soul Releases/Re-issues available from £3:50, so who are the Mugs, I Know we make the choice whether we stick our hands in our pockets and fork out, but we are all guilty of one thing and that is our love of Good Soul music,  but there comes a point when we have to question why some record labels think they can charge what they like where as others continue to give us a good deal on what we pay.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

43 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Has to be said there has been a growing trend in the price of certain "NEW RELEASE" soul records with some being more than £20 +

Not particularly un-released things but usually Retro Sounding Soul aimed at the soul buying public (You And Me) where as Pop, Reggae and Basic Soul Releases/Re-issues available from £3:50, so who are the Mugs, I Know we make the choice whether we stick our hands in our pockets and fork out, but we are all guilty of one thing and that is our love of Good Soul music,  but there comes a point when we have to question why some record labels think they can charge what they like where as others continue to give us a good deal on what we pay.

As much as I love soul music, new soul music and vinyl I am now beginning to pick and choose what releases I buy when they are priced over £10/£12.  

neither do I get the 300 press only, it costs very little extra (the price of a dozen sales in most cases) to press 500 rather than 300.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

19 minutes ago, chalky said:

As much as I love soul music, new soul music and vinyl I am now beginning to pick and choose what releases I buy when they are priced over £10/£12.  

neither do I get the 300 press only, it costs very little extra (the price of a dozen sales in most cases) to press 500 rather than 300.

Re the 300 , of course, why would you press just 300 and like you say 500 wouldn’t cost much more. I really can only be cynical about the 150 asking price. 

Social source share

I don't have an issue with the 300 number, I'm currently involved with a new label putting out previously unissued Soul tracks and we've pitched it at 300 copies and have paid the owners of the tracks for licensing on 300 copies, basing it on expected demand for what is essentially a niche market. We are keeping the selling price at £10, which gives us quite a tight profit margin when trying to do things the right way, so every penny counts!! I'm hoping that my estimation of 300 sales is completely wrong by the way!!! As a consumer I think $150 is quite a staggering selling price!!

Will be putting up details of our first release tomorrow

Des

Edited by SOUL INC
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

44 minutes ago, SOUL INC said:

I don't have an issue with the 300 number, I'm currently involved with a new label putting out previously unissued Soul tracks and we've pitched it at 300 copies and have paid the owners of the tracks for licensing on 300 copies, basing it on expected demand for what is essentially a niche market. We are keeping the selling price at £10, which gives us quite a tight profit margin when trying to do things the right way, so every penny counts!! I'm hoping that my estimation of 300 sales is completely wrong by the way!!! As a consumer I think $150 is quite a staggering selling price!!

Will be putting up details of our first release tomorrow

Des

It might be niche Des but Diggin Deep sold out their 300 copies in 24 hours, other take a little longer but eventually sell out.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 09/10/2018 at 16:42, phild said:

It will be for sale here in UK from 24/10 at £12 and in Detroit at $15. Don't know about any other prices

On 09/10/2018 at 17:00, Neil Rushton said:

Like Phil says,£12 in the UK from 24/10.

Are you talking about the new Yvonne Vernee single?

Social source share

Well I suppose maybe someone’s trying to make a quick buck by selling a copy before the release date. Or more likely ensuring that nobody buys it before then.

But it will be officially released on October 24th and performed live at the Hotel st Regis, Detroit at the launch party.

i have copies now here in U.K., but they won’t be going out until October 24th earliest

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!