Antoinetts - Ronny Boy on Karen Info/Price Please?

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Theres one on ebay now .. The Mods will love this one :thumbsup:

I had been looking for this for a very long time, it started finally coming through ebay recently even though I had not seen it for years before. I just won one for $120 but it usually goes $150-$200 and is still pretty unknown. Also, there was one on soul spinner fairly recently.

Edited by boba
Social source share

One of the earlier 45s on Ollie's label. RnB styled mover that has been played a few times but without any impact. Have no idea who The Antionettes are but if antyone has any info I'd be grateful. For those who haven't herad the track you can hear it at https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com/articles/...mclaughlin.html

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

One of the earlier 45s on Ollie's label. RnB styled mover that has been played a few times but without any impact. Have no idea who The Antionettes are but if antyone has any info I'd be grateful. For those who haven't herad the track you can hear it at https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com/articles/...mclaughlin.html

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Hey Dave, I've been talking to one of the para-monts (Chicago group) and they remember singing "ronnie papa doo wow", the woman I've been talking too sang it for me and it sounded exactly like the antoinettes song. She said that they sang it behind a "caucasian" artist but can't remember the record but say it was released. I still have to play her the antoinettes version, but if it isn't them, there's at least another version of the same song. She said the antoinettes name sounded familiar (she doesn't remember many details now). Anyone know ANOTHER version of the song?

Social source share

Hey Dave, I've been talking to one of the para-monts (Chicago group) and they remember singing "ronnie papa doo wow", the woman I've been talking too sang it for me and it sounded exactly like the antoinettes song. She said that they sang it behind a "caucasian" artist but can't remember the record but say it was released. I still have to play her the antoinettes version, but if it isn't them, there's at least another version of the same song. She said the antoinettes name sounded familiar (she doesn't remember many details now). Anyone know ANOTHER version of the song?

Hey Dave, flip of the classics Twistin '62 is called "elmo", and the 316 title is listed in the soul harmony singles book as "noah's ark / the wheel of love". I used to see the twistin '62 record around sometimes, but don't think I've seen the other title, so I can't confirm the titles on the other one, but it seems to match your listing.

Social source share

Hey Dave, flip of the classics Twistin '62 is called "elmo", and the 316 title is listed in the soul harmony singles book as "noah's ark / the wheel of love". I used to see the twistin '62 record around sometimes, but don't think I've seen the other title, so I can't confirm the titles on the other one, but it seems to match your listing.

Hey Bob ,

Thanks for the info on the two Classic's 45s. Much appeciated. As for the Chicago connection to The Antionettes, I think that's definitely worth persuing. Ollie got records pressed in Chicago and did some recording there so it may well be that The Antionettes fit in that particular jigsaw somewhere.

I'm looking to attempt to complete Ollie's story shortly so ANY info is very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!