Skegness March 2007 weekender -my first visit- help?

Guest johnojones

Guest johnojones

Going to try this venue for the very first time and looking at booking up before the New Year,so any help and advice from experienced folk would be very welcome.

I've been to the promoter page at starsandstripesimports.com and the info is minimal at the moment.Need to know if the Grosvenor does set rates for the weekend(if so how much roughly),or to stay nearby at a B&B.

The venue itself -tell me more about it right here,or send me to another forum if i'm in the wrong place.

Thanks,JJ.

• Replies 8
  • Views 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Going to try this venue for the very first time and looking at booking up before the New Year,so any help and advice from experienced folk would be very welcome.

I've been to the promoter page at starsandstripesimports.com and the info is minimal at the moment.Need to know if the Grosvenor does set rates for the weekend(if so how much roughly),or to stay nearby at a B&B.

The venue itself -tell me more about it right here,or send me to another forum if i'm in the wrong place.

Thanks,JJ.

Skeg will still be 'out of season' so you'd probably be looking at B&B's, and if others that are attending also are, you'd better start ringing round now?

Thanks,JJ.

Hi JJ,

I used to go to this regularly. The Grosvenor used to be about £25 p.p per night inc breakfast.

hope this helps.

Guest johnojones

Thanks Kev,that is helpful.

You said you "used to go"to this one,any reason why not any more,or just a case of been there done that type of thing and on to something new?

And are there a few rooms or just the one.

Cheers,JJ.

p.s Once i get a little more info,i will be booking tickets sharp.

Hi jj i stayed at the grosvenor in the past, my opinion go for one of the bbs close by if you want a rest!.Excellent venue though jj good location and a typical ballroom style dancehall that northern soul thrives on.Music policy same as any venue depends whos on and your taste,mainly run of the mill 6ts oldies and a good rare policy downstairs overhall jj i found the saturday afternoon session the best of all.

Regards mart

The Attic club does what it says on the tin!.

Guest johnojones

Encouraging and very helpful post Matt,i've been looking at places nearby and you make a good point.There looks a couple of quiet places just around the corner in Scarborough Avenue which i'm leaning towards.It is just a bit hard trying to find one that lets you smoke!!

JJ

Thanks Kev,that is helpful.

You said you "used to go"to this one,any reason why not any more,

And are there a few rooms or just the one.

Cheers,JJ.

Hi JJ,

i think it has maybe 40+ rooms at Grosvenor. I just found it easier staying there (too lazy to carry my records down the road when DJing!). DJ'd there about 4/5 times in a row. Always preferred the music in the 'vault' downstairs. Great atmosphere in the main room though.

Have a good un :thumbsup:

Encouraging and very helpful post Matt,i've been looking at places nearby and you make a good point.There looks a couple of quiet places just around the corner in Scarborough Avenue which i'm leaning towards.It is just a bit hard trying to find one that lets you smoke!!

JJ

try richmond drive caravan 5 mins walk away approx £85 for 3 nites stay stayed there for the last 5 years also i believe skeggy is the best weekender in the country

Source Advert