Mind & Matter

Hello people have some ?'s what is the deal with Mind & Matter ( I'm under your spell b/w Sunshine Lady ) is it really a rare piece. The same with Jo Ann Garrett (A Whole new Plan ) and El Count Executives on green Gemini label. And what would be an accurate pricing on these three pieces in excellent condition. And another thing is placing a high reserve on an item a wise move or not (ebay). Thanx :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mind and Matter went for $713 on e-bay in 2005, JM has it booked at £500. El Count Executives on green Gemini went for $1025 in 2005 but only $449 in 2006. Jo Ann Garrett ( a cracking tune) is booked at £200 with JM and appears quite frequently on e-bay but doesn't command a price as high as £200.

Perhaps others can advise on high reserves.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Hello people have some ?'s what is the deal with Mind & Matter ( I'm under your spell b/w Sunshine Lady ) is it really a rare piece. The same with Jo Ann Garrett (A Whole new Plan ) and El Count Executives on green Gemini label. And what would be an accurate pricing on these three pieces in excellent condition. And another thing is placing a high reserve on an item a wise move or not (ebay). Thanx :thumbsup:

Two great sides on the Jo Ann Garett flip " stay by my side" is mid tempo heaven,

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Mind and Matter went for $713 on e-bay in 2005, JM has it booked at £500. El Count Executives on green Gemini went for $1025 in 2005 but only $449 in 2006. Jo Ann Garrett ( a cracking tune) is booked at £200 with JM and appears quite frequently on e-bay but doesn't command a price as high as £200.

Perhaps others can advise on high reserves.

Has anyone noticed that Mind & Matter bears an uncanny reselmblence to a 70's game show...great record I judge it at around 300 quid, difficult to track down.

Social source share

only a few years ago this was a £1500 45. There have been TWO quantity finds of this 45 in the last couple of years.Value has dropped considerably but we sell every copy we ever have of this 45 because it's so damn good. When supplies dry up the price could possibly rise..fabulous record..

Social source share

There's a guy on eBay that tries to sell this 'buy-it-now' all of the time.

Not sure if he's got more than one copy, though. Last time it was listed,

I think it was $499 or something.

Social source share

Wasn't it Merlin & The Magicians, Si???

Boss record............both sides awesome 70's soul music.............guess you could say you could hear the Jimmy Jam pedigree coming through then, with the benefit of hindsight.............though his 80's and 90's productions (Flyte Tyme) are likely to be of little interest to a good many on here!!

Now where's me Johnny Gill Motown album :thumbsup:thumbsup.gif

You coming up with PP on 27th mate??.............dragging Gary along too??

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Wasn't it Merlin & The Magicians, Si???

Oh Dam, thats right Mark I think it says that on the credits .. Im not as good as Coverup mastermind Robin .

Did you know Nicky Newarkers was coverd up as Bill Harris by Soul Sam in 1981 ?

Yeah Mark I should be up for that Doo , what a line up hey :thumbsup: Gary is in Hibernation at the mo Mark .LOL to save money ! Hes tighter that a Scots man haggling over a copy of Sonic Ex ph34r.gif

=============

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(C.B @ Dec 13 2006, 01:04 PM) link
There's a guy on eBay that tries to sell this 'buy-it-now' all of the time.

Not sure if he's got more than one copy, though. Last time it was listed,

I think it was $499 or something.

Yes, there's a guy that seems to have a box of these in the states, I don't know how many have been sold 3-4? over the last few months.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!