Dave Owen - Funeral Details

Dave was a proper northern soul man. He was there when virtually all of us first started and never wavered. He had a real love for the music and dug deep. He helped me out of a pile of shit at Sale Mecca 1974 and I am just so sorry that I never made it over to see him like I promised him I would in his last few months.           R.I.P Dave.

Rich

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Gypsy Lane

Such sad news, Dave will be much missed.  He was always fantastic company, was blessed with a lovely dry sense of humour, had a deep knowledge of and passion for the music and was just an absolute legend.  Rest In Peace my friend.

Social source share

Only just found out Dave has left us,hope he's ok up in Cloud Nine.Although not seen him for a while always enjoyed his and Wendy's company visiting him up in Doncaster .He had been a stalwart of the scene being in it since the early sixties, will be missed by many.

Martin Alsop

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Really sorry to hear about Dave unfortunately I've only known him over the last 25 years fantastic memory if sitting with him and mucky Herbert telling stories about memorys of pre 1974 and the day he said you like a bit of Motown don't you here have a listen to this the CD was out of this world rip Dave atb yocky 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Just shows how you can lose touch with people. Just seen this about Dave.

As per Chris above, they were good nights at Daves back in 73. Chris, Shaun and myself and sometimes Gus. Remember many a time seeing him up a cradle, window cleaning on Redgates building on  Monday morning after all nighters, shouting down asking if i'd got any gear?. I remember once him telling us he had some grass to sell and it was good stuff. Well! It certainly was grass, council had just cut that big hill behind Midland station :) , spent time at his flat opposite barracks as well when he was with Karen, think just about everyone who was anybody on  the scene went to that flat Russell Davy, Pete Tildsley, Maria, Andy Wilson also Dodger and his girlfriend lived in flat above him for a while, just to name a few. Counted Dave and Wendy as mates, proper all nighter people.

R.I.P Dave

Pete

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!