BabyBoyAndMyLass

The blurred line...

58 minutes ago, gogs said:

Sorry babyboy but one of my total dislikes is , can't even bring myself to type it, maybe something to do with a song contest? 

It's fine, just having a laugh about it, a bit of fun that's all!

It's subjective isn't it, as with all musical tastes.

Both ABBA and the Bee Gees are two of my all time favourite bands, both for how much enjoyment I get from the music and respect for their musical achievements. But that's just an opinion and I was having a joke about it.

Just so long as it doesn't happen again!

the blurred line...moves around a lttle with me.

The passage of time, and memory of place, makes the line shift every now and again. Some times i'm more tolerant than others. Some i was reminded of recently...i could see myself dancing to Brothers Guiding Light now-but not then. I still can't get stuff like the Biddu Orchestra, 'Theme from exodus', or Betty Wright, 'Where is the love'. 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:43, professorturnups said:

This subject has been debated continuously for donkeys years. I remember Richard Searling posted his modern soul top 50 in about 1982 and the words disco music were fired at him. His reply was that the club djs of the day would have rejected 49 of those tracks on dance beat alone with only Arthur Adams "You got the floor" being accepted.

Mark C😜

Ps...True Image always reminds me of Gonzalez - I haven't stopped dancing yet....

It's not just me then  😄

5 hours ago, Citizen P said:

It's not just me then  😄

There is a similarity with Gonzales but...

Try New York City 'I'm doin' fine now' on the previous page. Same tune as True Image. One classed as Disco one as Modern Soul, same tune, same beat, same speed, similar release dates. Hence I posted them, seems to have been lost in translation, too subtle perhaps as I didn't spell it out. :hatsoff2:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.