Have ebay shifted the goalposts?

Pete S

You know on Ebay you used to be able to put in a bidders name and you could see what they were bidding on? Well it looks as though they've stopped this. Now it only shows you what they've either won or lost, not what they are currently bidding on. Until I put my own user name in and it showed everything! Anyone know what's up with this?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You know on Ebay you used to be able to put in a bidders name and you could see what they were bidding on? Well it looks as though they've stopped this. Now it only shows you what they've either won or lost, not what they are currently bidding on. Until I put my own user name in and it showed everything! Anyone know what's up with this?

It's because they want to stop people being able to have private feedback. Generally people say they want to have private feedback so that people can't see what they are bidding on and this new move takes that issue away. They have already prevented anyone with private feedback from selling items so I think the next step will be to stop it all together.

Adam.

Social source share

It's because they want to stop people being able to have private feedback. Generally people say they want to have private feedback so that people can't see what they are bidding on and this new move takes that issue away. They have already prevented anyone with private feedback from selling items so I think the next step will be to stop it all together.

Adam.

Really??? But on some users, you can see, but others you can't....did they announce this or did you have to search to find the info?

Social source share

Really??? But on some users, you can see, but others you can't....did they announce this or did you have to search to find the info?

Not sure if there was an announcement but you can only see users who won the auction. There was some info, saying they were doing it for security reasons ie to stop fake second chances.....but this is about private feedback, will be a change on it in the New Year :rolleyes:

Social source share

Not sure if there was an announcement but you can only see users who won the auction. There was some info, saying they were doing it for security reasons ie to stop fake second chances.....but this is about private feedback, will be a change on it in the New Year :rolleyes:

If you get another copy of Nabay by the way...it's the only one I'm missing now...

Social source share

If you get another copy of Nabay by the way...it's the only one I'm missing now...

I'll let you know...you should have gone a bit higher on the one I was selling, i thought it went quite cheap in the end.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I'll let you know...you should have gone a bit higher on the one I was selling, i thought it went quite cheap in the end.

We'll disagree on that then, I thought it was a ridiculously high price for a Grapevine record, it really pains me to pay more than a tenner for any of them considering how many I've sold for less than that in the last year

Social source share

We'll disagree on that then, I thought it was a ridiculously high price for a Grapevine record, it really pains me to pay more than a tenner for any of them considering how many I've sold for less than that in the last year

Does seem daft but I've seen it go for £60+

Great label though and I love them...had the full set but needed to get some cash for Xmas so flogged the ones you saw on the Bay. I'll get them back at some point though :rolleyes:

Social source share

Does seem daft but I've seen it go for £60+

Great label though and I love them...had the full set but needed to get some cash for Xmas so flogged the ones you saw on the Bay. I'll get them back at some point though :rolleyes:

I saw them when you put them on here, forgot all about it though!

Social source share

You could see yours yesterday when I last checked Pete. But no others !

Suppose I'll have to make an effort now :rolleyes:

Mind you, James Trouble will be over the moon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!