Looking for Romance ( with Steve Davis )

Just recently finished reading ‘Looking for Romance ( with Steve Davis ) and wondered if anybody enjoyed it as much as I did?.

From the opening few pages and reading of the demise  of Soul Sam through to northern Soul vicars I was hooked !.

Not your usual talcum powder enduced book about Northern Soul but a real life account of the trials and tribulations that fuel our Romance of Rare Soul 45 brotherhood.

344BFA7E-7B92-4614-B3CC-56AF38C0D311.jpeg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

10 hours ago, tomangoes said:

Not heard Sam was in demise? Sad news if true.

Or is it a fiction book with fake news?

Ed

think you got the wrong end of stick here ?

more info and a preview giving you an idea of the style/type of book and an answer to your q can be read here

Social source share

Strange title for the book causes confusion... Kissing The Black might have been better... Ben is a top lad and erudite to boot, so I would certainly advocate checking out this volume. Don’t recall Sam’s demise, he’s always been ahead of the game. I’ve always said the next best thing to listening to the music is reading about the music, so I will certainly be picking up the book.

Social source share

1 hour ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Strange title for the book causes confusion... Kissing The Black might have been better... Ben is a top lad and erudite to boot, so I would certainly advocate checking out this volume. Don’t recall Sam’s demise, he’s always been ahead of the game. I’ve always said the next best thing to listening to the music is reading about the music, so I will certainly be picking up the book.

2 hours ago, BridgeSoceity said:

There is/was more than one Soul Sam

😉

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...

Follow up - Bumped into a freind of mine who was on the London/Brighton scene inthe late 90/00's and she told me she'd read it it and loved it - maybe she said, a bit close to home (in a good way) - I would just like to say that if you like contempary fiction and old soul records - this is the book for you x

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!