Sad News Terry Mac Rip - Funeral Details Added

Mike

Debbie asked could post the below

It's with alot of sadness that I have to report the death of Terry Mac from Manchester. Terry was a true disciple of the northern soul scene and an absolute evangelist of the 60s mafia. During the dark days of the late 80s when folks were few and far between he and a select band, Tommo, Oz, Pete Lawson and Daz careered across the country in their pursuit of rare sixties excellence. Terry hadn't been on the scene for some time but he never lost his love of the music and never perfected his dancing! His funeral will be in Nottingham but for more details please contact me on 07817728064 it would be great to have some old friends say goodbye.

Many thanks

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Caroline Gration

So sorry to hear about lovely Terry from Debbie last night. What a desperate shame. Memories of Blondie's ill fated boat party after Stafford come to mind, with Terry speeding down the tow path in his Cortina after Blondie's barge! I will make every effort to come to his funeral, and my heart goes out to his family. God bless you, Terry.

Social source share

Yet another young soul gone from us :lol:

When I lived "up north" Terry asked if he could borrow my car to run his "young lady" home up to Rochdale and of course as it was Terry I said yes. Not expecting him to be back for a few hours but I was getting a bit concerned the following morning when neither Terry nor the car had returned. A few hours later the police turned up at my place to tell me that they had found my "stolen" car in the middle of Stockport town centre with the driver's door left wide open .... I'm still not quite sure to this day what happened but Terry swore he couldn't remember either :shades:

RIP Terry

Mandy

x

Social source share

Yet another young soul gone from us sad.gif

When I lived "up north" Terry asked if he could borrow my car to run his "young lady" home up to Rochdale and of course as it was Terry I said yes. Not expecting him to be back for a few hours but I was getting a bit concerned the following morning when neither Terry nor the car had returned. A few hours later the police turned up at my place to tell me that they had found my "stolen" car in the middle of Stockport town centre with the driver's door left wide open .... I'm still not quite sure to this day what happened but Terry swore he couldn't remember either :rolleyes:

RIP Terry

Mandy

x

That young lady is now my wife,very sad news known tel since wigan,would imagine gods having a problemwith him.pete &tommo all running around at the time,My condolences to his family
Social source share

Debbie asked me to post below

Details of Terry's funeral

12pm Friday 22 December 2006 Wilfred Hill Crematorium Nottingham

All flowers to 81 St Albans Rd Arnold Notts NG5 6GS

Anyone attending the funeral could they please bring one photo of Terry in his 'heyday'. This is so that his children might see him as we best remember him.

Social source share

Guest Stuart Butcher

Hi. Stuart Butcher here. Terry what can I say...Will miss you mate, funny was driving up Waterloo rd Manchester other month and went past Abercarn close where we used to live. Who came to mind mate but you. Got me thinking where you might be...Then a phone call from Collin and the sad news. Remember when you had just got your Heavy goods licence. You picked a 40 footer up from Manchester one Sunday to take to some ASDA depot in Doncaster. How surprised were they at the Sheffield depot when you fell out of cab. You could never understand why that agency stopped using you. Oh and that wrangler jacket and the offers you had for it...Can see you clear as day Terry. All our times were good times eh. Goodbye my friend.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!